It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. tries to calm Saudi anger over Syria, Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry sought on Monday to calm rising tensions with Saudi Arabia, which has spurned a U.N. Security Council seat in fury at inaction over the crisis in Syria. Saudi Arabia rejected a coveted two-year term on the council on Friday in a rare display of anger over what it called "double standards" at the United Nations. Its stance won praise from its Gulf Arab allies and Egypt. Saudi Foreign Minister Prince Saud al-Faisal hosted a lunch for Kerry at his private residence in Paris on Monday. U.S. officials said Washington and Riyadh shared the goals of a nuclear-free Iran, an end to Syria's civil war and a stable Egypt.

Looks like Saudi Arabia prefers that more people be killed instead of having Chemical weapons peacefully removed. If they want a strike on Syria then why don't they do it. This is why we should get out of the ME we have lost too many people and lost too much money fighting these other countries wars.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

We don't often agree Buster............but I am with you on this one.

We in this country are told how wrong we are if we do not agree with the gay lifestyle (I don't really care, doesn't effect me or bother me one bit what consenting adults do in their bedroom for entertainment) however, a country like Saudi whom actually kills those whom are attracted to the same sex, get a free pass from our government????

Just goes to show you how much money influences those in power and what they are willing to do to retain that power!

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I have to agree though, there IS a double standard with how countries in the ME are handled by both the US and the UN. Granted, we all know that's not the REAL reason Saudi Arabia rejected the seat, but they do raise a fair point.

I'm glad we didn't go into Syria, don't get me wrong, but how we deal with the Middle East has become something of a joke.
edit on 10/21/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I think they are starting to get worried here. They see the mood of the American people and they see the way that impacts our Congress. I think they hoped we'd kill the last of the Shia Muslims for them under Bush...(and not for lack of Cheney trying to get him to attack Iran, I'd add).... and now we're a year down in the 2nd term of who they hoped would do it instead.

I think they sense ...if it doesn't happen under this President, it isn't going to happen without Iran starting it. Something I don't believe they'll ever do...as they haven't done to or with anyone else in modern history.

Saudi is getting panicky and nervous ..and this is how they throw a tantrum, IMO.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

buster2010

U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry sought on Monday to calm rising tensions with Saudi Arabia, which has spurned a U.N. Security Council seat in fury at inaction over the crisis in Syria. Saudi Arabia rejected a coveted two-year term on the council on Friday in a rare display of anger over what it called "double standards" at the United Nations. Its stance won praise from its Gulf Arab allies and Egypt. Saudi Foreign Minister Prince Saud al-Faisal hosted a lunch for Kerry at his private residence in Paris on Monday. U.S. officials said Washington and Riyadh shared the goals of a nuclear-free Iran, an end to Syria's civil war and a stable Egypt.

Looks like Saudi Arabia prefers that more people be killed instead of having Chemical weapons peacefully removed. If they want a strike on Syria then why don't they do it. This is why we should get out of the ME we have lost too many people and lost too much money fighting these other countries wars.

I think, the US needs to call the House of Saud to the wood shed for a nice long heart to heart.

OF course US economic interest would never allow it, but it is certainly long overdue.

There needs to be a push for alternative energy, wont happen, but that frankly is what is needed to get Saudi business out of US politics.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Careful now or they will send more of their people to hijack more planes.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Filthy Sauds …

Must have their fingers on everything, I am glad that Iranians stand against these cultureless creeps.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I agree, it's not our neighborhood and not our fight to settle their disputes. Let them take care of it! The U.S. loves to police the world. Oh, and don't forget, we're there to protect the national security of the United States. How many times have we heard that line to justify going to war in the middle east?

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
it maybe a shia sunni thing. but i kinda lean towards natural gas and oil.
it's been rumored that there has been a big find off the coast of Lebanon and syria, and could produce more oil than kuwait.

and if i recall correctly the civil war broke out right about the time the anounment came out.
do a goolgle and you'll find all kinds of news articles, mostly from the middle eat. but nothing i find confirms it.

here are two, one from jan 2011, and one from aug2011.

Vast gas fields found off Israel's shores cause trouble at home and abroad

Syria discovers new gas field as HRW demands gas, oil sanctions on the regime

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

superman2012

Careful now or they will send more of their people to hijack more planes.

Then they will have the excuse to attack Iran. Like 9/11 and Iraq.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
The States need to look after their own people without getting involved in other countries problems...
edit on 21-10-2013 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Suadi wants a gas pipeline built through Syria so they can sell more product. The plan was for the US to take out Assad and and boost Saudi markets with the cost of American blood. We didn't go in much to our credit, or bungling, either way they're pissed and throwing a tantrum. A nuclear Iran is a problem for another day as far as they are concerned. The Saudi's are so unabashedly duplicitous they'll probably get the Israeli's to do their dirty work in Iran.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I agree. Why must our children continue to put their lives on the line for someone else's greed and agenda. More blood, more money for the corporate pockets. Enough is enough.

Our country needs our attention and we must find a way to heal. Other countries can and should fight their own battles no matter their agenda.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

amkia
Filthy Sauds …

Must have their fingers on everything, I am glad that Iranians stand against these cultureless creeps.

too true, pretty much everything we know as Islamic culture and/or science is actually of Persian origin
muslims prior to the persian conquest were little more than rag-tag barbarians.

other than their obscene amounts of bling, little has changed, saudi-wise.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Screw the Saudis. I say we cripple their economy with renewable energy and all those technologies that RETARDS have kept hidden for concerns over MONEY....idiots have kept our species from advancing for the dumbest reasons. The Saudis and their money being one of them.

I say we cripple their economy, send the sheiks back into the desert to wander around like the backwards nomads they are at heart.

This pisses me off to no extent. Screw Saudi Arabia. THEY were very much involved in the 9/11 attacks.

We should have invaded them, not Iraq.....
edit on 10 21 2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bladerunner44

Don't know how to do links properly but this is interesting

www.presstv.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 18731542

Interesting read. I understand that the rebels are a mix bag of insergents from different areas of the ME and agree they don't have any consideration for the innocent people. An agenda was put in place for purposeful destruction and bloodshed. Really sad state of affairs when the life human beings becomes worthless to other humans beings. What a sad world we live in.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Saudis did an awful mistake by helping and supporting the Syrian rebels hoping to get more credibility and respect among the region,but instead they got themselves an even worse reputation and hatred from most countries around the world towards them...I think they know their time is up,and they are trying to butter up influential people as much as possible so they might postpone their inevitable long delayed destiny...It is a shame that a corrupted criminal family with a clear terrorist background are a very good "friend" of the US,just because they have oil and money.

join