It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what values do liberals have?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   
The one value you cannot deny that liberals have is that they "care". They won't do anything about a problem, but just the fact that they "care" about it makes them feel good.

Hey, let me wear this ribbon! I know it won't do anything about the problem, but it shows that I "care".

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Any way, liberal and conservatists have different values to create fight between the two!
I could say, what do conservatist do with their life with their old fashion values....why are they so frustrated about Janet's nipple, gays, and everything that is present in society in the years 2000...why do they like war, why do they go to church on sunday...
This will never end!

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
there IS NO SUCH THING AS A LIBERAL anymore.

You are either FOR the New World Order's suppression of civil rights, depletion of population and total control of the economy;

OR you are a dangerous dissident that the NWO seeks to obliterate.

There is no longer anything in between. The ReTHUGlican Party and Democrap Parties are moribund--merely boot-licking the NWO.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Subliminal Slip there Bushfriend

While at a pro bush rally I knew I was surrounded by people who generally agreed with my morale values

Morale or Moral....that is the question.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I'd have to agree with emily here. However, the NWO can be replaced with 'ultra-capitalism' and the neo-classical marketplace.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by sandge
I am incredibly offended by this post. Who are you to question anyone else's "morale [sic] values"? You claim to be pro-life, yet in a later post give the thumbs up to the death penalty. So murder is OK, as long as the timing's right and you've passed judgment on the victim?

I absolutely support our troops. My father was a vet; my father-in-law did 2 tours in Vietnam. I do *not* support this vendetta the Bush family has going in the Middle East.

I am 100% pro-choice. I am also 100% anti-abortion. You figure it out.

As for the rest: I am a dyed-in-the-wool left-winger. In the words of the incomparable Molly Ivins, "my lil' ol' heart just bleeds all over everybody." For the record, I am a Christian. I'm a member of a rather large non-denominational church to which I give my time, my money and my energy. I also support a local faith-based shelter, an international children's aid fund, various environmental charities, local firefighters' and police officers' funds, and the friggin' PTA at my son's school. In other words, I put my money where my mouth is. What do *you* do?

Wow Sandge, this is the best thing I've read all thread. I clicked to vote you way above but forgot I already had this month

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The only thing I can appreciate them for is their big heart to want to help out other people...

everything is just ass backwards and illogical from a soverign citizen's standpoint... Which of course this country is supposed to be the land of the free... Remember? I see not crescent moon and star on the flag do you?

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Listen, If you're a conservative, post this message in the conservative area. Don't post it in the pro-liberal section!

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
BTW- I'm a liberal and I am pro-choice, anti-war, anti-death penalty. The weird thing is that conservatives are pro-death penalty and pro-life! Are you pro-death penalty and pro-life?

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Hmmm, abortion is murder, but calling for the death of every gay isn't....(Justice Sunday, Need to find the "Final Solution" to the gay problem)

Abortion is murder but firebombing entire cities killing 100,000+ civillians isn't.

Abortion is murder but blowing up an entire hospital leaving nothing but a crater where the ICU and Emergency Room use to be isn't.(Got pictures in my Pro-Life Violence topic)

Those are the republican morals. Oh yeah, if you are black, gay, jew, athiest, female, hispanic, asian, mauslim, wiccan, basically anything not rich/white/republican/christian/male and their wife then you are evil and need to be killed.(According to conservatives like the KKK, Neo-Nazis, GOP, Bush&Co)

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
You just became my best friend.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
one of the many who fell into your trap, i am bushfriend.
what a dissapointment, i was hoping this would be a more open minded thread, but nope, just those durn single minded conservatives again

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Liberals are an extremely diverse group so it's hard to make complete blanket statements but here goes...

Our nation was founded on Liberalism. Embodied in the Declaration of Independence are its three tenets: "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness." We value education and civil rights over all. We are humanitarians before nationalists and try not to put our individual culture (whatever that may be) over others. For the most part we are intelligent and reasonable individuals, flexible in our beliefs and always seeking the truth. We are not afraid to question our own government and its motives. We are compassionate for those less fortunate (except for maybe the libs in NYC jk!). We are always rooting for the underdog b/c we want what's best for everyone in this country (not just the rich). We see the wrong in alienating those less fortunate and make effort to improve their quality of life. Although, some of our efforts may not be as effective as we first expected, there will always be those who take advantage of the system, we continue to progress and make changes we see fit (although we could be working harder at this). We tend to be freethinkers who don't look at the world in black & white. We are always (or should be) progressing in better understanding the world. As a woman, it's the LIBERALS I thank for standing up for my rights. I can freely choose to work (and be treated as an equal) and make a living, be a housewife...or both.

As a group we have great MORALS, as we care for our fellow human beings, even the annoying ones in which we don't share the same world viewpoint. To be a Liberal is to defend the freedom of all people who make up our country. It's to trust individuals and families to run their own lives as they see fit. We try to make sure that anyone who is willing to do the work can succeed without being unfairly discriminated against because of their gender, race, religion or sexual preference...because even today racism and bigotry are all around, but I do feel it's getting better, we've seen great progress over the decades why?...because of the liberals!

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Also, the person who said a Liberal's value is $300 more then a Neocon was wrong, I've heard people getting over a thousand more for a Neocon then a liberal.

Also, look at how much Haliburton pays the GOP, like 3 million to Cheney, Enron gave millions to Bush, just to make billions on the illegal war. SO I guess a Neocon's value is millions to some corporations.

Also I am pro-choice, pro-death penalty, pro-guns, anti-evil/republicans, pro-religon, anti-evil/christians,(go ahead, be a satanist, Jew, Islamic, Buddist, Witch, just don't act like a christian with the whole "holier then thou" then go out and rape little boys and animals) so I have no problem.

Also, what I love is the pro-life group have killed more then the pro-choice people. What do I mean? Pro-Life has doctors, nurses, patients, unborn fetuses(not children, they aren't even human till they in my phone book) and more. Also, KKK is pro-life, so all the people they've killed. Bush is pro-life, so the 100,000+civillians in Iraq, and the people he killed in Texas.

And pro-choice has killed 0 people. Sorry, if it isn't in my phone book it ain't human. Actually if it can't live outside the womb, so about 4-5 months old fetus. The phone book joke is from Bill Hicks.

Oh wait, from Rush Limbaugh, To Be A Liberal

"To be a liberal you have to believe that everyone is equal, from the drug dealing african to me. Sorry, I am not equal to some black man who has more kids then fingers and has me paying for them. To be a Liberal you have to believe that abortion is alright, but invading countries for WMDs is wrong just because we killed a few civillians. Not my fault they didn't get out of the way of the troops. To be a Liberal you have to believe the solution to AIDS is money. Who cares if some fags and blacks die, I don't have it, and no good person would, so why should we spend millions trying to stop it when we should just let nature take it's course and rid the world of the undesirables."(spelled wrong, I think, he mumbles that last part and I think that is the word he used)

I got it last night, I searched Limbuagh on limewire pro. Funny, got a short version, then another version called the same thing, then I got this one, it was a little over 30megs so took forever to d/l on a 56k modem. Also got Bill Hicks stuff, that got is hilarious!

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser

Oh wait, from Rush Limbaugh, To Be A Liberal

"To be a liberal you have to believe that everyone is equal, from the drug dealing african to me. Sorry, I am not equal to some black man who has more kids then fingers and has me paying for them. To be a Liberal you have to believe that abortion is alright, but invading countries for WMDs is wrong just because we killed a few civillians. Not my fault they didn't get out of the way of the troops. To be a Liberal you have to believe the solution to AIDS is money. Who cares if some fags and blacks die, I don't have it, and no good person would, so why should we spend millions trying to stop it when we should just let nature take it's course and rid the world of the undesirables."(spelled wrong, I think, he mumbles that last part and I think that is the word he used)

Did he really say that??? God that man is one disgusting pig, thanks for reminding me why I hate him so much. If I had to choose between spending quality time with a "drug dealing african" (heh notice the racial bigotry there anyone?) and Rush Limbaugh...I'd choose the drug dealer in a skinny second! It's also HILARIOUS for him to judge someone for selling drugs, something tells me if that same african were selling OxyContin they'd become best friends.

What's the deal with these conservative talking heads that they feel that it's ok to spread such hate and filth? I swear, if Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulture were to ever have a love child, it would be Satan himself.

[edit on 6/3/2005 by Lecky]

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Oh yeah, he in court for drug charges, and guess who he begged to come keep the lawyers out of his medical files? Hint, he has called them the left hand of satan, don't know? THE ACLU! And they AGREED! He begged them to use their power to keep his private life private, something he has condemned them for in the past, and they AGREED! Strange, I would of left his druggy ass out to hang.

Also, search Bill Hicks, this guy is great! "Speaking of satan, I was watching the Rush Limbaugh Show." this gave me the idea to search for Limbaugh.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   
The only thing that I have to add to this thread is the fact that not all athiests are so called liberals and beside the word liberal is used far to often as a last resort by someone who is lazy,brainwashed or an idoit who has been corned by facts.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by bushfriend
While at a pro bush rally I knew I was surrounded by people who generally agreed with my morale values. I knew these people were pro life, believed in god, loved America, believed all nations and people deserved freedom, and finally supported our troops. I thought if the liberals generally disagree with the conservatives moral compass what do they believe?.

You assume from your black and white conservative thinking that liberals disagree with your values. When in fact the foundation of liberal ideology can hold all that you mention dear to heart, plus a greater principle: heterogeneousness (aka inclusion or FREEDOM).

I'm sure that never occured to you or anyone else at your celebration of homogeny for a reason.

Your value assesment is nothing more than a subset. Option A as it were under a greater liberal umbrella.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Well,

I'd rather not have any political title, but when I see a so called "republican" I usually see many of the same traits in these types of people. (you see what you think you see)... but really its all false
I can't really explain it, but lets just say I'm an excellent judge of character, I can see your insanities and read your body language a mile away (people in general). And what I see in Republicans is very disturbing. Some democrats too of course. maybe its just wealthy poeple.
But what a bunch of phony fake laughing arseholes you seem to be in my eyes

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mailman
But what a bunch of phony fake laughing arseholes you seem to be in my eyes

What a judge of character.

Of course, this wouldn't be considered judgemental or close-minded or anything. Those damn rich people have it comin' anyway!

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join