It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beautiful Picture of Crummock Water Wins National Award

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I know there are many photographers here on ATS so this may be right up your street , photographer Tony Bennett has scooped top prize at the national photography awards with this shot of Crummock Water which to me has an ethereal almost Middle-earth feel about it with the lighting and mist swirling over the lake .
Tony Bennett called his shot Crummock Water Mists and Reflections

Mr Bennett said his photograph had been difficult to take as "every second the scene was changing, creating a hundred memorable images".

"The still night mist began rolling and tumbling, as if in protest, as the heat of the sun vaporized and dispersed it forever," he said.

"Within a minute, it was over - a moment in time, never to be repeated but always remembered."

Take a View founder Charlie Waite said Mr Bennett's image represented the talents of UK photographers and their ability to capture the country's natural beauty.
www.bbc.co.uk...

As with many things in life it's about luck and capturing the moment

It's worth checking the link for some of the other pictures on show ... my favorite is No 6

edit on 21-10-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I liked #5.....waaaay surreal!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
What a wonderful image. I have been there but it did not look like that!..I love the lakes and cumbria. What a place!!!!. Thanks for posting that

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Those were beautiful. I love pic 3 and 6 the most.
Truly amazing.
Thanks for sharing

-nat

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Gorgeous! The mist curl and reflection on the right side in front of the island is...perfect. *sigh* It does look like Shangri-La or Middle Earth joining us for a bit...

And in the other photos, number 6 is my favorite besides this one... Thanks so much for posting!!!

peace,
AB
edit on 21-10-2013 by AboveBoard because: a mistake....

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Whoa! Talk about atmospheric!

It reminds me of the view from mount Snowdon in Wales, in that if one happens to be there when there is low lying cloud, and one also happens to be just under, or just inside the cloud, everything takes on this ethereal and altogether otherworldly appearance. I can well understand why this image was a winner. It's breathtakingly gorgeous.

top topics

join