It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitch MacConnell recieves a 2 Billion dollar "reward" for Kentucky by supporting Reid on the debt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
According to the "Blaze", Mitch received a hefty 2 Billion for supporting Obama in the Senate.

It was that "Ohio" dam and lock project that also includes Kentucky as a beneficiary. One of the co-sponsors for that little spiff was Dianne Feinstein D-Ca.

The full story is at TheBlaze,com.

If true, and the MacConnell people deny it, it's just one more nail in the coffin for the Republican Party nationally. As he's likely to be reelected by his state as a reward, nothing really changes.

Once again, proof positive that we get the gov't we deserve.....

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Inflation sure has made those 30 pieces of silver heavier for the purse than they once were, eh?

Nothing much else has changed.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Is anyone unaware how american politics work?

Its all about "what you can do for me".

Its not about the people,

Its not about the rule of law,

its not about making this country a better place.

Its about what you can get out of it, and in this case he got a boon for his state, which he can trout out next election and secure his position.

Its not a "republican" problem, its a "Politician" Problem, they all do it, they are all bought and paid for. As long as we allow it, and than call it a partisan issue, it will just continue.

It needs to be called out when ever it happens and reps need to be taken to task for not voting their constituents wishes.

Sadly half the time people don't even know who their House and Senate reps are...

ETA:

Hey Wrabbit congrats on making Mod, couldn't of happened to a nicer rabbit.
edit on 21-10-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The only reason I singled the republican party is due to the fact that at least a portion of them 'seem" to think of the national picture rather than business as usual.

This is perhaps even worse in the senate where longer "relationships" seem to develop, at our expense.

Sure, both parties do it. I just demand better from the "republicans".

Either a NEW third party, or even just the enforcement of the tenth amendment would cut this down to a trickle...at least for a while....

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Actually, I'm wrong. Enforcing the tenth doesn't stop federal funding, per say. just "laws".

They could still bribe via pork money without violating the tenth...sigh.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

nwtrucker
The only reason I singled the republican party is due to the fact that at least a portion of them 'seem" to think of the national picture rather than business as usual.

This is perhaps even worse in the senate where longer "relationships" seem to develop, at our expense.

Sure, both parties do it. I just demand better from the "republicans".

Either a NEW third party, or even just the enforcement of the tenth amendment would cut this down to a trickle...at least for a while....

Its all theater, the tea party is not a third party, its a blow off valve for the unhappy elements of the Republican party, you know those who hate what the Neo-cons did to it.

Its the crosswalk button so we all don't run across the street with out the government say so, it does nothing but give us a sense we accomplished something.

WHATS needed is not a third party, but Public trials for the leadership of BOTH parties and a dissolving of them for Malfeasance.

The Rep/Dem side show has ran this country into the ground, its time WE THE PEOPLE demand better and realize this is a government, of the people by the people and for the people.

Not for corporate lobbying interest.
edit on 21-10-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I agree with your take on the solution. BUT, what's the "via"? Who is going to cause this to happen?

The only vehicle I see that has any chanced of it occurring is through a third party that has that as it's mandate with sufficient seats to force that to occur.

Unless I'm blind, there is no other reasonable way to achieve it.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

nwtrucker
Actually, I'm wrong. Enforcing the tenth doesn't stop federal funding, per say. just "laws".

They could still bribe via pork money without violating the tenth...sigh.

You know what they say, competition makes it better for the people. Another party (or two) is exactly what's needed to shape up or ship out the ones who don't make the grade. It'll take years though for the people to get this, and we don't have years.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

nwtrucker
reply to post by benrl

I agree with your take on the solution. BUT, what's the "via"? Who is going to cause this to happen?

The only vehicle I see that has any chanced of it occurring is through a third party that has that as it's mandate with sufficient seats to force that to occur.

Unless I'm blind, there is no other reasonable way to achieve it.

The vehicle is the simplest thing ever, and its easy.

So much so, that we are told firmly and constantly that it wont work.

The message comes so often and from all sides, that I know it must be true.

We see it with things like this very OP, Look you wanted better, but I got 2 billion...

YEP they are still on that message...

WE are told our votes don't mater on a near constant basis, and at a volume they shout constantly.

THIS tells me one thing, OUR VOICE MATTERS, and they are afraid of it.

Stop voting Dem or Rep, just for one election, just once and the message will be clear.

WE Know, and WE are not happy.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by StoutBroux

That's why I think that even if the tea Party was nothing but a safety valve for the discontented, it may in fact have caused sufficient numbers who think alike to continue to grow, promote and educate and form a third party.

We could call it the constitutional party or some such. If not now and under these current circumstances, when?

It looks more and more like a now or never scenario.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

nwtrucker
According to the "Blaze", Mitch received a hefty 2 Billion for supporting Obama in the Senate.

It was that "Ohio" dam and lock project that also includes Kentucky as a beneficiary. One of the co-sponsors for that little spiff was Dianne Feinstein D-Ca.

The full story is at TheBlaze,com.

If true, and the MacConnell people deny it, it's just one more nail in the coffin for the Republican Party nationally. As he's likely to be reelected by his state as a reward, nothing really changes.

Once again, proof positive that we get the gov't we deserve.....

Ahh. Political graft at its finest. Nothings stinks so lovely like American corruption. And nothing comes even close of seeing the same sheeple voting in these same scumbags every 4 years.

And then you wonder why the country is collapsing....If you listen carefully, you can almost hear the sound of thick stacks of 100 dollar bills being stuffed into the pockets of the congressional whores in the DC...all smiling, drinking single malt whiskey and pissing on the constitution....Moahahahahaha....
edit on 21-10-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

OK. copy that. Don't vote for either party, it sends a message...we are not happy.

Then what next??

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

nwtrucker
reply to post by benrl

OK. copy that. Don't vote for either party, it sends a message...we are not happy.

Then what next??

That would be enough, one election where neither the Rep and Dem held no majority of the vote.

It would create a vacuum.

YOU might see parties that exist now rise to prominence, you might see new parties, you may see major restructuring.

YOU MAY also see politics as usual,

All I know for sure, is they sure as hell don't want that happening, and if they don't want it... well can't be all bad.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

OK, it's my day off. I'm frustrated. The Coho's and King's are still running out here.

I'm gonna go cast for a couple of hours and commune with nature...wish me luck.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I was the first one to support this raise of the debt ceiling so where is my money!?

It certainly seems like money is talking more and more these days when money seems to be nothing more than wisps of smoke given how much the dollar must have deflated now.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MystiqueAgent

A sizable chunk of it went to Kentucky, apparently.

You sure you still support the debt increase?

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by nwtrucker

Psh, nah even if it means all I have to do is change my way of thinking nowadays to get money I'd rather be poor and keep my own line of thinking rather then letting money talk for me. Cause once you go to far and decide to take a look in the mirror that person staring back at you won't be you.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
This is how "they've" done it throughout history. This is why the people who control the banks, natural resources, etc, etc, are in charge. $$$ and the greedy who can't refuse.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Who is guiltier? Corrupt McConnell for accepting this huge payoff or the corrupt Democrats for giving it to him? Personally, the only thing that surprises me anymore is the blind faith that people continue to put in their party of choice. In my humble opinion, only a psychopath would choose to be a politician anyway. So since I have no false expectation of honor or ethics in any elected official I am never disappointed by their corruption.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

Well, if there is a silver lining in the cloud it is never been faster that these things get exposed. I'm sure not all are as of yet, but the exposure is bound to have an effect.

Also, it seems Reagan's 11th commandment is no longer in vogue. "Thou shalt not speak ill of fellow Republicans."

top topics

join