It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracies built upon brain myths

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

Thank you for that clarification, CIAGypsy. There have been so many that have been hurt by the general banner of "mind control" and when I say hurt, I mean their lives have been utterly destroyed. I cannot even begin to fathom what the people who were targeted by the real MK-ULTRA went through. How does one pretend that everything is okay when it's more than likely that nothing would ever be okay again and in a world that just doesn't want to even recollect it and keep it sharp in their memories. It would be the ultimate betrayal by both government, society and even perhaps ones own family.

You and I will find a whole lot of agreement in regards to Fritz Springmeier and Cisco Wheeler. Springmeier is a very curious individual. I do not trust a single word out of his mouth and for very good reason. There are things that he discusses that do have something to them but it is not as he presents it. His entire work is peppered through and through with most obvious insanity. The significant problem with those little close to the truth few and far between tidbits is that it can allow someone who experienced one of these things to essentially fall down a rabbit hole of lies and disinformation. That, to me, is unforgivable to do to another human being.

In terms of MK-ULTRA, it was so so immense and so shredded (literally lol) that I would say that how much of it was ineffectual and inconsistent is really an unknown. The number of documents that were destroyed was severe and it is highly unlikely that any representative of the CIA would've clarified even to the Senate as to what worked and what didn't. As I said previously, there was definitely a ripple effect out from MK-ULTRA that I truly believe persists to today. It may not be for necessarily the same intent as MK-ULTRA but it's likely that it had its roots there. MK-ULTRA's basic premises had a much further reach than even what was reported. I've found some very interesting scholarly articles from the time period that clearly indicate that it had one hell of an effect on psychiatric/psychological research for the time and thereafter.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Fyi... I haven't forgotten about my promise to respond to your questions, just been busy. I won't be able to get time to respond fully until Saturday. Too many demands at the moment.

Thank you for your patience.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join