It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cant remove "something" off my computer! HELP!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Ok so I was looking for a program on my computer, and saw a name I didnt recognize, called "Relevant Knowledge". I did a quick search and this is some seriously bad news.

I tried to use my AdvancedSystem Care uninstaller, but its not there, even went to the control panel and it wasnt there either , I only see it when I use the windows "start" button on the lower left hand corner.

If anyone knows something else I can do , please let me know, btw, I also tried "msconfig" and it wasnt there either. I am assuming that its hiding, or there is some where that I am not looking, and of course I did a malware scan.... twice.

Thanks in advance, NRE.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
www.malwarebytes.org... download malware bytes. Its a seriously good place to start.

Spyware search and destroy is also decent.

Be careful when removing programs like this, they can hijack your browser searches and direct you to bad info and more infectious programs.

If you have decent anti-virus like Kaspersky, often you can ring their helpdesks free for advice.

"Hijack this", is another program that is great for identifying threats and many serious companys ask for a hijack this log. Its a bit complicated for non PC savvy users, but very helpful for getting help.

Good luck! If you would like any specific help with more detailed questions you may PM me and i will do my best to help you out.
edit on 21-10-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Seems pretty straightforward, but a little complex.

forums.spybot.info... 672-Manual-Removal-Guide-for-Marketscore-RelevantKnowledge

Let us know how it goes.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Symantec has a very successful malware removal tool. Is free on their website.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
If you have a recent backup, revert to that one and see if it resolves the problem....

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Relevant Knowledge is Spyware, it wouldn't do the things you are experiencing. Methinks you need to do a thorough Anti-Virus plus Spyware/Malware scan and find the other nasties. Reboot into Safe Mode before running these scans.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
If all else fails, there's a tool I use called ComboFix .. I've NEVER seen it not successfully fix an issue.

www.bleepingcomputer.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I am still trying here, thanks everyone for your quick replies. BTW, I know what you mean about looking for a way to get rid of it, and getting into more BS. I currently run WOT (Web of Trust) and almost all sites that are supposed to help have horrible, horrible ratings.

I will let you guys know how it goes, and again THANKS!!

Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

If you have access to another computer, use that to find and download the fixes to, put them on a USB (or even better a CD) and run them on the infected machine - be careful not to bring any files back the other way obviously.

Some of this spy ware is very well put together and can be very very hard to fix, im fairly vigilant and i managed to get a similar infection - it got upto some very annoying tricks, the browser plugins were the worst ive had to deal with, had it been anyone elses computer id have formatted it and re installed everything. It was that bad.

I will try to keep an eye on this thread as im sure others will, so post up what you are going to do before you do it. Failing that, phone some one who knows computers better than you!

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Try format/reload. Works every single time.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Again thanks!

I ran the bleeping computer link, and amazingly its in the log, but I have NO idea how to read it, but it is in the log, and yes... still on my computer.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
This is an uninstall programme specifically for "Relevant knowledge"

deletemalware.blogspot.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Here is a guide.
Hope it helps.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I want to thank you all for your suggestions. From the link that says to go to programs and uninstall, that is not an option, its not available there, only in my start menu, and even then there is no uninstall option.

I am still looking around, uhhh I hate technology sometimes

Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
If you still have the problem you might want to check this one.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Sometimes, the program isnt listed in your control panel/programs menu. In cases such as this, its advisable to download Ccleaner and you can see a more detailed uninstaller in that program, which you might find the program inside. You should be able to remove it without much hassle. If not, you can use one of the many guides listed by others in this thread for removal. Just remember to follow STEP BY STEP and dont skip anything, otherwise it could easily come back. When it says restart, then restart.

top topics

join