It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2ND Giant Oarfish surfaces dead on CA shore.. what's going on in our ocean(s)?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:
SMR

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
It may be due to the fact that more (unbeknownst to residents) fracking has been happening off the California Coast.

Calif. finds more instances of offshore fracking
Posted: Oct 19, 2013 12:22 PM PST
Updated: Oct 19, 2013 4:21 PM PST

LONG BEACH, Calif. (AP) — The oil production technique known as fracking is more widespread and frequently used in the offshore platforms and man-made islands near some of California's most populous and famous coastal communities than state officials believed.

In waters off Long Beach, Seal Beach and Huntington Beach — some of the region's most popular surfing strands and tourist attractions — oil companies have used fracking at least 203 times at six sites in the past two decades, according to interviews and drilling records obtained by The Associated Press through a public records request.

Just this year in Long Beach Harbor, the nation's second-largest container port, an oil company with exclusive rights to drill there completed five fracks on palm tree-lined, man-made islands. Other companies fracked more than a dozen times from old oil platforms off Huntington Beach and Seal Beach over the past five years.

Read More Here ...

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

DeadSeraph
reply to post by Char-Lee

They go to the surface to die when they are sick or old. Just pure speculation on my part, but I would say that the increase/frequency of dead oarfish washing up probably has more to do with Fukishima and the increased radiation levels in the pacific than it does some sort of earthquake prediction.

i believe this myself.

edit on 21-10-2013 by dellmonty because: misspell

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
*cough* Methane*cough*

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

dellmonty

DeadSeraph
reply to post by Char-Lee

They go to the surface to die when they are sick or old. Just pure speculation on my part, but I would say that the increase/frequency of dead oarfish washing up probably has more to do with Fukishima and the increased radiation levels in the pacific than it does some sort of earthquake prediction.

i believe this myself.

edit on 21-10-2013 by dellmonty because: misspell

I think based on the size of the ones found they have been saying they are not old but sick can't be rules out.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

I'd bet money its because of fukushima radiation.

I have 2 friends, one who lived near L.A., the other near San Diego, both have geiger counters and have had off the charts readings during rain storms, and have both moved, one to the midwest, the other to the east coast.

I wouldn't move to the west coast if you paid me to.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

dominicus

I'd bet money its because of fukushima radiation.

I have 2 friends, one who lived near L.A., the other near San Diego, both have geiger counters and have had off the charts readings during rain storms, and have both moved, one to the midwest, the other to the east coast.

I wouldn't move to the west coast if you paid me to.

I agree! Fukishima is to blame! And this is only the beginning.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
LOL!!! Our whole entire Ocean is getting sick let alone the California Coast. Look for the Dolphins dying on the East Coast.

Radiation from Japan will hit the California Coast first and travel all around the World with the Currents. With continued dumping, even with the Ocean diluting the radiation cannot be a good thing. Tons and Tons of radioactive water being put into the Ocean can never be a good thing.

Earthquakes - "its been said" is usually the term that people use when they have no idea so I do not think a Earthquake Prediction is sound.

Either way, guess what. Same thing different day. Prepare yourselves. Continue to "Facebook" your friends, "Tweet" to your hearts desire. Continue the erosion of today's youth as you prepare for a Earthquake that will be predicted (we probably had one right now as I typed this).

The real problem is even worse than a 8.0 earthquake in LA or SF.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Vasa Croe
Hmmm...was just searching and reading on these fish being EQ predictors. If that is true then I wonder if there are any other signs.

2 Oarfish in found this close in time together seems very odd in itself. A single sighting in general is said to be extremely rare from what I can find on the net.

LOL yep if the earthquakes are done on purpose the people that run the world put the date into the football games the week before the quake is done in the relevant country.

and if your not completely brainwashed you can actually go and see this for yourself you need to put the scores into chronological and alphabetical order as they have mixed them up note hiroshima and sendai drew and was the break between the date and the time of the quake.

You see they are completely taking the piss out of everyone on the planet and they know you won't stand up to them
I guess this shows just how weak the japanese people are saying they are fearless and have honour when they are letting the illuminati kill them.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Text Purplereply to post by gardener

Gee, couldn't be due to water pollution or similar huh?

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I would be checking for radiation on the fish.

Maybe the quakes are caused by underwater nukes and the shock wave or radiation from the nuke killed it.

Or maybe it got old and died.

its a tough call that's for sure.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

gardener
Hmmm yea regardless of whether its an "omen" or not, fact remains 2 rare, giant deep-sea oarfish were found washed up near/on CA shore and that means theres likely other giants that have died but sunk, etc, which means something is going on ecologically..

www.cnn.com...

Marine biologists have a mystery to solve: Why have the carcasses of two rare oarfish washed up on Southern California shores within a week?

Wow, two dead oarfish dead within 5 days. Could they have been a mated pair or something?

Talk about extrapolating way too much from way too little. Sorry, but oarfish wash up on beaches now and again, and they have for as long as we can remember. In the Wake of the Sea Serpents has plenty of tales of this. If we get a third and a fourth and a fifth, etc., then I would start to wonder. But saying that because two fish have washed up on the beach there MUST be *something* wrong is a stretch just yet in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I believe in the next couple months you will see hundreds if not thousands of fish effected by the Fukushima situation. I wouldn't eat anything anymore out of the ocean actually. It will all be radioactive. I don't know why people are still jumpin in the water thinking its safe anymore. We have destroyed our ocean.. This is something that should make every human sad...

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
fukushima is killing the pacific ocean. Schools of tuna are showing up with radiation as well. My advice, all you on the west coast, get your iodine, take immediately, and relocate. otherwise, this is just the trickle to the monsoon of bodies washing up.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

fukushima and global warming?

better watch out for this little guy, huh

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
not just Fukushima and fraking...
all the Nuclear plants in the US are leaking apparantly and water all flows down hill to the sea...not to mention all the pesticides herbicides.....and SSRI drugs

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
What is going on in our oceans? Well, the world is polluting the hell out of it, and more rapidly every decade.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
CBS LA oar fish report

Earthquakes, fukashima - possible.

Don't forget the large deposits of "frozen" sub sea floor ....

methane...are melting.

Not to mention these deposits are melting off the east coast, as well...

edit on 10/22/2013 by drphilxr because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/22/2013 by drphilxr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by drphilxr

The thawing of deep sea methane is not anything new. We can spot several instances of this in the past as well, some of them quite large in fact. And yes, it can be quite troubling for anything near it and, depending upon whose data you believe, troubling for the World climate in general, to the extent that fluctuation of mean temperature is sometimes a problem for some critters. But is the methane issue something that should keep us up at night? No, not really. Because there is, putting it simply, nothing at all you or I can do about it.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
From my research sightings of these are actually rare. They even get mistaken for mythical sea monsters from time to time. My guesstimate would be nuclear transmutation. Everyone says this radiation from Fukushima has a short half life and its goes away quickly. Well yeah when it decays it turns into another type of radioactive material.

This happened in Chernobyl and the nuclear transmutation caused the radiation in the atmosphere to get heavy and fall to the ground as Cesium. Which is why that area looks like a smorgasbord of contamination. So you have that or bio-accumulation. Getting the government to actually look into the food chain and honestly report findings?

HAHA good luck! Canada's pulling teeth right now trying to get their own government to do the same and the natives know for a fact whats going on. Anyhow I do not eat seafood. Hope the rest of you do not either.

Those who do not study history are condemned to repeat it. -George Santayana
edit on 22-10-2013 by Pimpintology because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Maybe it's just a dead fish.... Two does not make an extinction. I'm not saying we should ignore it but let's not jump to conclusions just yet.

new topics

<< 1    3 >>

join