It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biophotons: The Human Body Emits, Communicates with, and is Made from Light

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Biophotons: The Human Body Emits, Communicates with, and is Made from Light

Increasingly science agrees with the poetry of direct human experience: we are more than the atoms and molecules that make up our bodies, but beings of light as well. Biophotons are emitted by the human body, can be released through mental intention, and may modulate fundamental processes within cell-to-cell communication and DNA.

Nothing is more amazing than the highly improbable fact that we exist. We often ignore this fact, oblivious to the reality that instead of something there could be nothing at all, i.e. why is there a universe (poignantly aware of itself through us) and not some void completely unconscious of itself?

Source

I love this article, now when I see a quote saying 'you are light' it means you literally are light. You omit it and you create it. This light may not be easy to see without technology, but it doesn't take away any of the excitement for me

edit on 10/21/2013 by AshleyD because: Mod edit: Trimmed external content and added external content code.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by sarahlm

The Human Body Emits, Communicates with, and is Made from Light

As light has no mass the body cant really be made from light.

edit on 21-10-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
S&F for substance

And the fundamental realization of the cycle of creation and demise of the Universe (and all in it, including us) from low energy photon/dark energy to big bang to high energy photons stars, dead stars energy to gas to matter matter, etc)

I'd agree all comes from light activations, and our total enlightenment may involve light body activation of dna, etc

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sarahlm

Emitting light and being composed of it are two entirely different things =) We're not made of light but we do have a bit of bio illuminescence that's not visible to the naked eye..

But still very interesting..
edit on 10/21/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

PhoenixOD
reply to post by sarahlm

Interesting article here.

However, it’s still possible that photons have mass, and therefore (ironically) don’t move at the speed of light. That’s not quite as crazy as it sounds. As you’d expect, though, even a tiny photon mass would have important consequences for theory and experiment. Let’s list a few of them, then consider each in more detail.

galileospendulum.org...

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sarahlm

Maybe picking up on the light beings in the temporary shell. All things come from light.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sarahlm

Thank you for sharing this. I just got a sense of chill & happiness all throughout me. It made me smile on this Monday afternoon.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sarahlm

Is there any connection between biophotons and chi/chakra? What is the relation between biophoton and the electromagnetic field?

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Interesting they have found a scientific substantiation. It made me think of seasonal depressive disorder and how vitamin D3 can help with this. A vitamin to replace lack of sunshine. Depression seems dark - you can feel and sense it with a person so even if we cannot visually see this light We pick up on it.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
This is a pretty reliable source. They have bound photons together to create matter.
phys.org...
and another:
www.geek.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

I try to stay away from blogs when it comes to scientific proof about anything.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

sarahlm

I love this article, now when I see a quote saying 'you are light' it means you literally are light. You omit it and you create it. This light may not be easy to see without technology, but it doesn't take away any of the excitement for me

Well, the sad thing is that it's not true. Yes, you emit light all the time, in the IR spectrum, because you're not at absolute zero. So do rocks, air, orange juice, dead puppies et al, because they're not at absolute zero either.

You also emit microwaves, same reason.

There are some chemical processes in your body that will result in the occasional emission of a UV or visible light photon. That's not that odd, either.

But you are not 'made of light'. A lot of new agey types such as your source citation tend to take energy equivalence a bit too literally because they don't understand it. But it's like dollars and pennies. Dollars have a penny equivalence. In some circumstances, you can convert a dollar to its change equivalent. But a dollar doesn't contain pennies. You can't cut one and shake them out. Because a dollar isn't pennies, even if it can convert to them in some circumstances.

Similarly, mass can be converted to energy. But it isn't energy. You can't cut a proton open and shake out light, because there isn't any in there, any more than there are pennies in dollars. So no, you are not made of light.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by sarahlm

Is there any connection between biophotons and chi/chakra? What is the relation between biophoton and the electromagnetic field?

Photons are an electromagnetic field, so if there are any, then they have to be one.

Chi/chakras don't exist, so they share something with biophotons, in that they are both associated with woo. But in this case, biophotons can actually be detected, even if they're as meaningless as the roar in a seashell.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

xizd1
This is a pretty reliable source. They have bound photons together to create matter.
phys.org...
and another:
www.geek.com...

Not really, although you have to have read the original source material to get past the journo-fog that the article writer throws up. Your key phrase in the popular press is "acts as though it has mass" and not "attains mass". Basically, it's a Rydberg blockade - if a photon has deformed the plasmon of a rubidium atom, you can't do that twice for the same atom or atoms that are in close proximity, so as you saturate the rubidium's holding capacity photons that come into the system end up fighting over an atom to interact with. But no, they don't become photonium or something.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Dianec
Interesting they have found a scientific substantiation. It made me think of seasonal depressive disorder and how vitamin D3 can help with this. A vitamin to replace lack of sunshine. Depression seems dark - you can feel and sense it with a person so even if we cannot visually see this light We pick up on it.

Well, also not so much, you can shine all the light on someone you'd like, and if you don't have any in the right 'color' (280-320nm) to make vitamin D, then you won't fix that. Because instead of being some sort of soul recharging thing, it's a photochemical reaction that's going on in the skin. Insufficient energy per photon, and the wheels on the chemical bus don't go round and round.

It's probably also something to do with melatonin, IIRC.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

PhoenixOD
reply to post by sarahlm

All matter is emitting photons. Not just humans. Rocks emit photons too.

But humans can't control the emission in any secret special way afaik.

Humans are made out of electrons and protons and neutron structures, we're not just made of light photons. But electrons and protons are both charged particles, they emit radiations - and radiations are generally defined as being made of photons.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

miniatus
reply to post by sarahlm

Emitting light and being composed of it are two entirely different things =) We're not made of light but we do have a bit of bio illuminescence that's not visible to the naked eye..

But still very interesting..
edit on 10/21/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

What about pushing chi with reiki? From my point of view it is all wave of one sort or another. In reality you are a musician who is playing both body and mind to emit sound, energy fields of different sorts that interact with other fields. Some are playing a very nasty tune, some are playing psalms and some are playing happy tunes that make you dance.

Two examples:

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Bedlam

AfterInfinity
reply to post by sarahlm

Photons are an electromagnetic field, so if there are any, then they have to be one.

Chi/chakras don't exist, so they share something with biophotons, in that they are both associated with woo. But in this case, biophotons can actually be detected, even if they're as meaningless as the roar in a seashell.

You might not believe that chi/chakra exists but that does not make is so. You are like a person who never seen a plane so people saying the have flown one are obviously lying from your point of view. Your loss not theirs.
edit on 21-10-2013 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by yampa

Yes anything that is not absolute zero temp emits electro magnetic wavelengths. But that doesnt mean we are made from light only that we give off light.

Not that it proves anything different but a biophoton is a photon of non-thermal origin in the visible and ultraviolet spectrum emitted from a biological system.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

LittleByLittle

You might not believe that chi/chakra exists but that does not make is so. You are like a person who never seen a plane so people saying the have flown one are obviously lying from your point of view. Your loss not theirs.

When you can demonstrate one by measuring some sort of energy emission from chi or chakras, let me know. It's one of those things you have to take on faith, since it doesn't seem to be tangible.

I'd love for you to make chi be true, or a chakra. But if you can't measure it, and you can't reproduce it, and the supposed practitioners can't perform their little chi tricks in a setting they don't control, then it's a lot more like parlor tricks and badly performed magic stunts. (yeah, I know there's a guy who is not only the 'chi master' but also writes pseudo-science papers about himself in his own refereed chi journal - don't bother dragging him out)

"he was a total non-believer - so it didn't work!"

Issue - you don't have to believe in Newton's laws of motion. But I can shoot you and you'll be gravely injured, belief or no. Tongue in the right place or no. Same with radiation, running a few amps of current through you, blasting you with UV, you name it. If it works, it's real. If you can raise a toe, it's not. Simple as that. Sort of like Reiki - if you can "activate me" over the internet, it's humbug. Also, faux reiki works just as well. That's a bad sign too.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join