It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adverts suck!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
As I tend to use my iPad for convenience instead of my laptop, what gets me angry is the ATS app use works ok except there is no way to revert back to the previous page without going back to the forum and clicking on where I first started.
Other thing that is really annoying, is now again I click on something and this appears constantly

I feel like screaming when it appears!
Anyone else got same problem when using an iPad?

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

Yup, every time I use my ipad mini to have a read (usually when I am in bed and shutting down for the night) this exact advert pops up in a new page. It is a complete pain in the wotsits. Also there are stupid banner ads at the bottom that often do not have a 'X' on the corner to turn them off and move up the page as I drag to scroll through all the new threads, which often results in me inadvertently hitting the banner and yet again getting another ad up.
I have looked on the net to see if there is a way of stopping ads popping up on my ipad, but not found anything so far, nor can I block a particular web page/address in my ipad to stop that one which pops up all on it's own without actually touching any ad banners.

Also rather fed up with 'ads for the boys' of boobs out chicks (even the one for 'men only' games has this).
Don't the people who pay for these adverts understand that they annoy more than entice?

If you find a way to block the ads I would be very grateful.

Another annoying thing which I find on the ipad is when I am scrolling through the 'new' list of threads and click on one to read, when I click the back page it takes me to the top of the list again, rather than to the section in the list where that article was. This results in me scrolling and scrolling and scrolling until I get to that entry and beyond, which is another pain in the wotsits when I am fairly far down the list.

And finally, since I am in rant mode, has anyone from ATS discerned the default preference for the website, i.e. light text on dark background or dark text on light background. I for one ALWAYS have to change it from the apparent default of light background to the dark one as it is way easier on the eyes. Anyway, just wondering if the majority of ATS readers/users do the same or have it with light background. If most prefer it dark, then would it be possible for that to be the default?

phew, glad I got all that off my wotsits!

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CthulhuMythos

I use the dark one all the time , good on the eyes and easier to read...

(post by Rekrul removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CthulhuMythos

I use the dark only. I tried the white and it was soooooo boring and unappealing. The dark is mysterious and cool. LOL

top topics

join