It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dolphin asks a diver for help... Amazing!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I grew up spending great deal of our time at camp on the beach and could tell you allot after great stories i personally saw take place. It is truly amazing. I was personally saved from harm by dolphins who literally forced me out of the water while fishing only to learn that an extremely large shark had moved in to investigate the blood from the mouths of the trout we were catching.

My uncle came in with a boater who lost his boat to fire and had been drifting and was almost drown. He was found on the back of a very large sea turtle. Granted he was out there for sometime but he stated the turtle stayed on the surface with him for three days.

I have been hand pulling shrimp net with my uncle when big squall rose up from no where. Just before it camet he dolphins showed up in force and all stood up as they do in the water and went crazy chirping at us. They jumped over the boat,, it was crazy, minutes later the storm appeared out of no where, we were almost swamped and barely made it back. I was young man then, boy really and have never been more scared.

Pretty much everyone growing up on the water has stories like this, usually it is the animals helping us, it is great to see stories of people helping them....

Great job.

The Bot

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dlbott

Thx for share your personal experiences.

When we could find harmony with this planet?

When we realize that any form of life here are...Earthlings.... And this planet don't belong only to humans...

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Wonderful, no words. But I still feel the good communication between the dolphin and the divers.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Totally cool video, amazing how that animal in black with the one eye is learning how to use tools to assist other species maybe there is hope for them yet.

When posts like this begin to out flag and star posts of war and aggression , then we will know that we as a species have a chance for survival.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

I have had a number of experiences with Dolphins in the wild. I am a diver, spear fisherman and tackle fisherman as well. I spend a lot of time on the water. One incident stands out for me out of all my friendly Dolphin encounters. I was spearfishing and a pod of dolphins were nearby. Not a good thing when doing any kind of fishing as the fish get spooked and disappear. I was heading back to the boat when a Dolphin came near me with a large black grouper in it's mouth. He let go of it and since it was stunned I thought what he heck I'll grab it and take it back to my boat, no need to put a hole in it. When I approached the fish the Dolphin rushed in and grabbed it taking it just out of my reach. He dropped it again, and again i went for it. Again the dolphin came in a took it away. The whole pod was circling and generally having a good time. I tried once more and again the same behavior. I gave up and climbed on my dive platform. That dolphin brought the fish to the back of the boat trying to get me to go in after the fish. Just like a dog with a bone,they were playing with me the whole time and having great fun doing it. The fish was too large to be prey so i guess that grouper and I were their entertainment for the day. I never did get the grouper, too bad it was a nice fish. This occurred off Elliot Key near Pacific light. You can't make this stuff up

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Truly amazing. They sense who they can trust and follow their instincts. what a great video.
Thanks for making my day.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Just got to say truly wonderful
Second....

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Just watched again
unreal amazing just.......

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I've had wild dolphins come up to me several times, looking at what we were doing and checking us out. Have also had momma dolphin bring baby dolphin up to us to get a look. Never had one *quite* get within distance to touch but very close, just barely out of reach several times.

You definitely get the idea they are examining you, or trying to work out rules for a game between you.

Elephants will do this as well, I have had the pleasure of making the acquaintance of a few elephants, and it's a bit creepy. They definitely check you out.

For that matter, so will polar bears. Polar bears are ungodly bright. I don't see how any Inuit are left.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Wow! A great video and an example to us all.

It may well be that there's more to this 'life' thing than
we first thought.

Smarts asking smarts?
intelligence reaching out across a void we feel we understand
and feel secure with?

I think I truly understand the true meaning of 'Finding Nemo'

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Amazing video.
Really good to see him being freed. It's always nice to help one another

Beautiful creature.
Thanks for sharing

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Bedlam
I've had wild dolphins come up to me several times, looking at what we were doing and checking us out. Have also had momma dolphin bring baby dolphin up to us to get a look. Never had one *quite* get within distance to touch but very close, just barely out of reach several times.

You definitely get the idea they are examining you, or trying to work out rules for a game between you.

Elephants will do this as well, I have had the pleasure of making the acquaintance of a few elephants, and it's a bit creepy. They definitely check you out.

For that matter, so will polar bears. Polar bears are ungodly bright. I don't see how any Inuit are left.

Wow, you were honored by being the education tool lol. Once or twice a year a jubilee would happen. Not sure why the locals called it that. The water becomes full of fish by the thousands and is very clear. The dolphins go crazy. We were fishing in thigh deep water catching two trout on each cast, the dolphins were swimming between us, so close they were brushing us and moving us. Two swam between us and herded a bunch of trout right up out of the water. They almost beached themselves and were right there in front of us with mouth fulls and smiling at us. This went on all day as we each shared the bounty. They even became so bold as to take fish right out of our hands.

Don't get me wrong we were not feeding them, they saw a morsel that was caught and swooped in and took it out of our hands. They are incredibly fast and even more powerful. A man in the group next to us found this out the hard way, he was annoyed and did not want to share, he smacked the water with his pole and he got a tail slap that lifted him out of the water. He was hurt but it was his fault.

We could not help but laugh. I wish there could ha been camera there that day lol.

The jubilee lasted three days and was the most amazing days it was awe inspiring.

The Bot

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I saw this a while ago and it was awesome! Thanks for reminding me I wanted to show this to people.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
My God, that was incredible and very moving. It makes me so happy when we actually hear about humans caring for nature and each other.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

nice video..glad the guy helped the dolphin...must have missed the part where it actually asked for help though. nice way of getting thread views

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

That was very heartwarming. Anyone should be able to clearly see just how intelligent that Dolphin was. He hand gestured for the Dolphin to approach and it immediately did so. The Dolphin was not freaked out, it patiently waited while the line/hook was removed.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Dolphins are amazing creatures..Check this if interested.Specially second story.Really crazy

edit on 22-10-2013 by ScalarZero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I believe this video was listed before on ATS??? Or maybe I saw it somewhere else, but I'm pretty sure it was here... Nice to see two different species work with one another like this, especially with a total communication barrier

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Beautiful! I love a good dolphin video. Plus this has a human being nice. It's a win/win for this post!

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The level of trust and communication between the two is simply amazing. S&F and thanks for sharing.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join