It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attn: Fukushima... It rains occasionally!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

MOX, is there because of the US and Japans pluthermal plan,where spent nuclear fuel generated in light-water reactors is reprocessed to extract plutonium, which is then mixed with uranium to create mixed-oxide (MOX) fuel for use in power generation. many experts have raised questions about this program, because of high costs and the risks involved. Not to mention, 23 Nuclear power plants here in the US are identical to Japans. So, the US wants to direct the peoples attention away from our plants, as to not have any questions about our program/plants. The plan is to deceive the American people into thinking MOX and the design of it's nuclear plants is okay. That's why IMO its been going on since day one. Just my two cents.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

actually, how'd you have handled that situation, if you're so smart???

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I been warning about the risk of high radiation spreading into ocean and water table once the rain season begin, i been warning about this for months in all major international news web sites. So if they don't take measures for this was not because they do not know it, and where not prepared to this scenario. What i understand now is that this have escape totally of their control, and they know it since the beginning, they know they could never fix it, they just delay the inevitable, cover the sun with a sieve.
They are using this as part of their agenda now.
edit on 22-10-2013 by user12345 because: fix

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
so on the upside we all can look forward to eating blinky the 3 eyed fish,and we wont even have to go to japan to find them.....mmmmm tasty...

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

LightAssassin
reply to post by pstrron

I believe the US oversaw Japan's nuclear power program.....

One wonders....is this catastrophe by design?

To do what....destroy the world?

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

LightAssassin
I believe the US oversaw Japan's nuclear power program.....

One wonders....is this catastrophe by design?

Oh of course, It's the USA's fault again? What a surprise, another Aussie throwing America under the bus while brown nosing Red China to the point where your own suicidal idiotic government is making huge profits off of allowing them to rape and pillage your natural resources.

Do some research and you might learn that TEPCO (TOKYO Electric Power Company), a Japanese Corporation, is currently and always have been the ones who are in control of The Daiichi nuclear reactors at Fukushima. Now you can blame General Electric for designing the six boiling reactors, but GE is an International Corporation now who no longer follows our laws or guidelines when working abroad.

So don't put the blame upon the back of America is all that I am saying, and maybe one day you might need us to save your Continent from being completely absorbed by The Red Chinese Empire? It kind of reminds me of how my own Grandfather who fought in the pacific during World War 2 helped prevent your home land from becoming occupied by the then Japanese Empire.

Oh and I know you Aussies are no joke and did your part as well in defending your Country, so I mean no disrespect there. However without us and Great Britain, you would have without a doubt been Conquered by the Japanese. 100% without a doubt. ~$heopleNation

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Whoa.

Chill.

I could be wrong but I read way back that US oversaw their construction and even helped them choose locations for construction.

As for all your other BS rhetoric.....get over yourself.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

What's pathetic is the reactors were a GE product. GE let them install them in a location where they KNEW it would get b-slapped by mother nature. GE, the people who brought you Fukushima, Ebola Care and a dead hudson river. Thanks GE. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Fukushima was built by Kajima Construction Corporation. construction began in July of 67
commissioned in March of 71. Hope that helps. Found on Wikipedia.

Kajima Corporation built reactors 1-3 and reactor 4 was built by Shimizu Corporation and Takenaka Corporation.
edit on 22-10-2013 by C21H30O2I because: other builders

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   

0bserver1

It seems like they don't want to solve this problem..saddens me to see such news..

They don't want to solve it and I'll say that outright at this point.

As someone who has watched this from day one, then sunk so deep into researching it as my first story to get into I almost lost myself in depression for lack of perspective, I know it pretty well I think. In terms of what has been done, said and changed over time, I've certainly watched it closely.

I don't believe they intend, in their minds, to keep even THAT whole plant shut down forever. Watching the photo sets every month or two come out across the sites which carry the full series, they are building to repair and contain while the exclusion zone (which made sense at first levels) shrinks smaller and smaller.

I agree with other sentiments here that at least the Russians did what had to be done. It was, in some ways, cold and brutal ..but absolutely had to be done too. I've never heard the Ukraine talk about re-population of the exclusion zone either. Japan is already "rehabilitating" what rightfully should have remained exclusion zone for a long long time, if ever changed in our short lifetimes.

They want to play like it never happened, it seems, for how they reclaim the area. I really feel for the Japanese who return, too. It's an evil trade off for space in a space-starved nation.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Fact - Russia knows how to handle a nuclear disaster.
Fact- Japan doesn't have a clue
Fact- People wonder why there is so much fight against Nuclear energy.
Fact -Tepco wants to restart another reactor to start making money again.

Conclusion. Send in a team of Russians with Cart Blanche to do what ever needs done for Containment, US foots the bill. It's called self preservation. Then dismantle Tepco and put all their managers in prison for life. Japan doesn't get any more nuclear energy. They don't deserve it. Then with all of our technology we figure out how to cool a nuclear reactor without running water over it. Funny thing is that I don't run water over my house in the desert to keep it cool. I don't need containment tanks outside my house.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by amazing

I think sending the Russians in with a Carte Blanche to solve a Japanese problem...any Japanese problem...would be a bad idea. They might be a little rash about such things and it's amazing how grudges are held, especially outside the West, among nations. I can take a guess at what a Russian solution to a situation as screwed up as Fukushima has become, might be.

Russian Plan A

In case it lost a number somewhere, the kt number should read about 50,000 or so, I'd estimate. That would be an approach that wouldn't shock me to see them consider, if given the chance to consider it seriously.
edit on 23-10-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Japan is like a bowl of jello it has more wiggle in it than Elvis did.

BA DOOM TSHHHH!

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

SarK0Y
reply to post by Human0815

actually, how'd you have handled that situation, if you're so smart???

I am not "that Smart" but the Russians could, at least, help the
Ukraine and the whole of Europe with a bit of Money (they done nothing)
and they could also clean up the Place of Chernobyl and take their
Rubbish with them!

But sorry, this is a different Topic, i just tried to explain that the
Argument "Russia done so well" is Bollox,
they do not even flushed the Toilet!

Here we have a lot of Discussions with Live TV on NHK 1. about all
the Nuclear Issues in the last few Days, Tepco own the biggest NPP
in the World which is offline since 2007 because of an Earthquake!

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

LightAssassin
Whoa.

Chill.

I could be wrong but I read way back that US oversaw their construction and even helped them choose locations for construction.

As for all your other BS rhetoric.....get over yourself.

I have a difficult time getting over the truth. Calm down now, nobody is upset. I just wasn't going to sit back and allow you to blame The USA for this unfortunate catastrophe in Japan. Yeah I ranted a little, but I would bet that you and I agree on more than we disagree. Life goes on for now. ~$heopleNation
edit on 23-10-2013 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

If any of you guys have Sirius XM Satellite Radio, Art Bell discusses Fukushima, and some other interesting subjects with Dr. Michio Kaku on his September 16th debut of his new Show Dark Matter which is on Indie talk Radio. It's pretty good.

He also discusses Fukushima on his October 9th show I believe it was with an American (forgot his name) who has studied Russian Nuclear reactors. That episode goes deep into the ramifications of this disaster. He actually went to Fukushima after the tragedy and took readings of the soil.

I left with the feeling though that in certain areas this guy was downplaying the impact of what is leaking into the Pacific Ocean. Both are great episodes and worth a listen. ~$heopleNation
edit on 23-10-2013 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Restricted
What amazes me about this whole debacle is that the Japanese are normally much smarter than this. They plan ahead. Their designs are innovative.

They've really really dropped the ball on this disaster and they don't seem to be learning from it at all. Maybe they need some fresh thinkers on the scene.

You do know that the reactor was a US design, right?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

nimbinned
The Japanese are not this inept. The whole Fukushima disaster and the aftermath has been designed and planned.

Oh my. You are taking conspiracy theories to never before seen levels of stupidity. The reactor was hit by two natural disasters simultaneously and didn't explode.

The Fukushima plant was quite old.(and if I recall one of the original problems was that the backup generators were in fact built in a low area that was prone to flood?) Newer plants along the coast and closer to the epicenter shut down with no problem.

The chances of disaster happening in Fukushima were extremely low. If they cleaned it up, completely rebuilt it, and re-opened it on the same site, it would still be extremely low. Because the Tōhoku earthquake remains the fourth largest earthquake in RECORDED HISTORY.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Unbelievable after what they have bin trough, Like WW2 with Hiroshima but that's total different from what happens now, but in some way history repeats itself...

And something else where's Greenpeace when you needed them ????

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

Hey Observer1,

Greenpeace is around. They wanted TEPCO to go after part suppliers, including GE. As they should, IMO.

TEPCO shareholders rejected a proposal to look into pursuing claims for compensation against companies that supplied parts for the crippled Fukushima nuclear plant, including General Electric Co. (GE) Shareholders at today’s annual general meeting for the company known as Tepco voted down the motion, proposed by Greenpeace, to study whether suppliers can be held liable for damages incurred during the March 2011 earthquake, tsunami and subsequent nuclear disaster.

“It is very important to find how much GE knew about issues that may lead to accidents and how much GE has tried to remedy them in order to find cause of the accident and to determine responsibility,” Greenpeace campaigner Ayako Sekine said at the meeting. “At this moment, only Tepco is paying the compensation. But this isn’t enough for the victims to reestablish their lives.”

Source

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join