It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Time Travelers

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Time travel discussions are always fun.
Look at it this way.If you were to travel into the past what would you do to communicate with the future? That would seem to be a primary need to prove you did it. Going primitive from an extremely advanced technology is a recipe for disaster. The only premise that might work is if you go back in time you can only transport yourself and nothing else. That doesn't wash well though. Your knowledge goes back too. So why aren't we discovering anything like a "normal" alphabet?
There seems to be something a bit off for some of these artifacts. Quite a few of these are known fakes like the Egyptian hieroglyphics.

Time travel isn't impossible but it is very improbable. Steven Hawking leaves a comment at the end of his investigation into time travel with "Time travel may be possible and if you think this is way to cover it up it's active use you might be right". Sorry it is not an exact quote the book is out of reach.
:devil

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Astyanax
reply to post by GareyGaia

Could you kindly use your time machine to find some new fake evidence for us, instead of posting the same old fakes that everyone has already seen debunked a few dozen times and chucked out with the trash?

Yeah one gets tired of the same, old, debunked items - we demand new stuff !

Perhaps something real would be just grand

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

scotsdavy1
Strange that the Time Traveller who was on here the other week has kept a bit low for some reason. Maybe another Troll in the making?

Maybe he got back on his medication?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Text Purplereply to post by Dianec

lol! I must be REALLY tired then b/c you even sound logical to me lol! But you DO know what of it is real & which are false too yeah?
The modern actors lol! I suppose one could go, " Oooooh, reincarnation?" On the 1's that are very look-a-like, or strong Genes, or oh, maybe a form, minute form of syndrome as SOMETHING is similar in ALL & EACH of the humor, not... of pics from Jack Black to the last pic on that entire vid,
Then again, I believe it ALL possible, Everything, this, UFO's, Ghosts, etc......everything pretty much except the religious 1 God er, stuff! lol!
The idea the entire world suffers ONE God without a Goddess is ludicrous lol!
ONE creator for EVERYTHING? Maybe someone's God is Asexual like some worms, but we'd ALL look the same & for genetic heritages like this group of species are Group A) Male & Female. That's species Group B) All curly redheaded males with a lot of hair. Now species Group C) All Black Females with lit up blue eyes, straight black hair & arched backs, Group D) Species similar to other 1's, male & female, a mix of A,B & C, but all have long canine/snake like incisor teeth and a Leech like muscle that come out of long tongues.... And so on lol... or sew on?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   

datasdream
Time travel discussions are always fun.
Look at it this way.If you were to travel into the past what would you do to communicate with the future? That would seem to be a primary need to prove you did it. Going primitive from an extremely advanced technology is a recipe for disaster. The only premise that might work is if you go back in time you can only transport yourself and nothing else. That doesn't wash well though. Your knowledge goes back too. So why aren't we discovering anything like a "normal" alphabet?
There seems to be something a bit off for some of these artifacts. Quite a few of these are known fakes like the Egyptian hieroglyphics.

Time travel isn't impossible but it is very improbable. Steven Hawking leaves a comment at the end of his investigation into time travel with "Time travel may be possible and if you think this is way to cover it up it's active use you might be right". Sorry it is not an exact quote the book is out of reach.
:devil

Well id say being a time traveler rule one would be not to communicate with the future. There is that whole cause and effect thing. One simple change and you could effect the entire course of history imagine if i went back in time got in a fight with Lee Harvey Oswald cracked him over the head with a beer bottle the night before he was scheduled to shoot Kennedy. So the next morning he wakes up in the alley i dragged him to head bleeding and splitting headache and goes to emergency room for 90 stitches.(When i hit someone with a beer bottle i dont play) He misses Kennedy's visit because you know how long it takes in an ER and history was changed by me without even knowing it. To me i just hit a guy who got mouthy in a bar not realizing who it was.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Thank you for the run read, while much of it can be explained away in some strained fashion I wonder how people discredit the footprints, particularly the sandals.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Perhaps , just perhaps the future the time traveler creates has nothing to do with the future they left. Face it in fact they couldn't pass on any of their knowledge to their kids would make the prospect of time travel very bleak. Bleak enough that even if it was possible no one would volunteer unless under severe duress.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
One thing that would have to be true if time travel does become a reality (or perhaps has already), is that we would experience strange things that we could not explain, and they would happen during periods that would most likely be notable events in history as seen from the future.

It would be a fun task to put some categorization to this and correlate "strange events" that occur in the same time frame as "notable events" these last 20 to 30 years, and there have been some beauties.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

People forget that birds are dinosaurs, so we cross their paths every day.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

you can look into the past, but not be an active participant in it.

it would take some very sophisticated technology but here is my idea.

when you look at the stars you are actually seeing the past. the light coming from a planet also carries images. it takes light a long time to reach us. when it does we are looking at what it did when the light left the source. reverse that. people looking at earth from oh let's say 5 light years away are actually seeing the earth as the light left it. now if you could create a device that allowed you to travel faster than light you could use it to travel away from the earth. when you get far enough away you look back with a nice telescope and you will see the light (image carrying light) as it left the earth not what the earth is actually doing at the time you look into the telescope. so in essence you are looking into the past.

I understand that this idea is impossible to do. but the basic idea is there. at least it is to me.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   

winofiend

Bragi
Ancient time travel...hmm...Was their time travelling machine powered by that Iranian battery?

a machine powered by a battery with less than 1 volt of electricity the size of a football?

Could be. You'd have to go into the future to find out.

TIme travel is not possible and if it is, it will be in a way that we will never see it in our past.

When does a circle become a circle and stop being a curved line? Then, when was it ever a curved line and not a circle?

Time travel would be here now if it was in the past - it would always be. Not just in the future waiting for us to discover it, or just in the past as a sign of it's possibility, but once it was invented, it would exist always.

And as we don't have it, it doesn't exist.

The ends will never meet, because there is no circle.

edit on 21-10-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

So once technology is discovered, the knowledge needed to make use of that technology can never be lost?

I loved this part: "Time travel is not possible and if it is..."

No, you see, you don't understand, you can't just do that. Either you allow for the possibility or you don't. As soon as you said "if", you allowed for the possibility and completely negated everything before the word "if". Don't even get me started with "and"! That word should not even be there...that word is when you first entered the Twilight Zone, buddy. For once you have prohibited the existance of something in your hypothetical universe, there can be no "and". Because the statement you have just made before that is one of finality. It's an all-encompassing, self-contained statement. Nothing more can be said on the subject. Not the way You've presented it!

You (did the equivilant of/may as well have) stole Fizzy Lifting drinks! Good day, sir!

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by subfab

Wormholes, my friend... wormholes. Take a telescopic device powerful enough to extrapolate that light into detailed images, and send it through the worm hole. Distance = 1 light year for every year you want to see into the past.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

soooo.....you honestly think THAT'S how Kennedy died?....Guess you believe that two ordinary passenger jets flew into,and took down,(in text book demolition style) the World trade center towers.....sure...it was

Let us be honest...you,I nor I bet anyone on ATS has proof to either say yes or no to time travel being possible......do i believe it is? most certainly I do....just like I believe there are "others" populating different planets than this one.....I'm not attacking you...don't take it to heart......and ..who is to say that history hasn't ever been changed for the better or worse...no one would know unless they were removed from the time stream....screwy....isn't it?

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

winofiend

Bragi
Ancient time travel...hmm...Was their time travelling machine powered by that Iranian battery?

a machine powered by a battery with less than 1 volt of electricity the size of a football?

Could be. You'd have to go into the future to find out.

TIme travel is not possible and if it is, it will be in a way that we will never see it in our past.

When does a circle become a circle and stop being a curved line? Then, when was it ever a curved line and not a circle?

Time travel would be here now if it was in the past - it would always be. Not just in the future waiting for us to discover it, or just in the past as a sign of it's possibility, but once it was invented, it would exist always.

And as we don't have it, it doesn't exist.

The ends will never meet, because there is no circle.

edit on 21-10-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

^ THIS. People who believe in traveling to the past aren't contemplating the issue as clearly as they think they are. Just saying.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
The videos show no evidence of time travelers.
We (today) are so used to the cell phone body position
that we forget that the women shown could be using,
perhaps, a vibrating device or ice pack.

If the women are using communication devices than
maybe they're top secret and government issued
and the cameraman's life was at risk for exposing them.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I just want to say I enjoyed your post OP. I don't care if some of the evidence here has been debunked. It's a facinating and fun subject to explore.

If time slowed down somehow, when a person is traveling faster (because the two work on one another), it is believed we could travel into the future. For how long do you have to be suspended in that state though? And do you have to be going the speed of light? According to Einstein's theory you would have to be but maybe not. If anyone has ever had time slow down (become suspended) during a highly charged moment - maybe something like that but a little more to it would be enough. It appears it is still something scientists play around with so it hasn't become a dead topic yet.

Can the mind catapult the physical body a thousand years into the future? I think it can - we just haven't figured it out yet. Would we be able to come back? I'm thinking we couldn't. Wouldn't it be strange to one day find all of those who have disappeared under mysterious circumstances (planes in Bermuda Triangle for example) hit a gravitational phenomenon that was so strong it changed time? I think there is something to it - it just hasn't been discovered.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Great work.....but the time travelers caught on video while amazing are they not easily faked by todays technology?...I saw President Kennedy shake Forest Gump's hand...how easily could someone make this? Id love to know. creepy though. very creepy.
edit on 10/25//13 by mazeofSiriusC because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join