It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Cruz was greeted with an eight-minute standing ovation; San Antonio

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
ca.news.yahoo.com...

SAN ANTONIO (Reuters) - Republican U.S. Senator Ted Cruz, a favorite of the conservative Tea Party movement, returned home to a rousing welcome in Texas on Saturday after his attempt to derail Obamacare with a shutdown of the federal government led to sharp criticism of his tactics as reckless and futile.

"After two months in Washington, it's great to be back in America," Cruz joked in speaking to a crowd of about 750 people in a packed downtown San Antonio hotel ballroom.

Cruz was greeted with an eight-minute standing ovation in an appearance organized by the Texas Federation of Republican Women. People in attendance, many of them wearing red to show their support for keeping Texas a conservative-leaning state, lined up to greet him.

"We saw what can happen when the American people unite, when the American people stand up," he said. "What the American people want is economic growth and job creation. They are crying out for something that fixes all the enormous damage that Obamacare is causing."

Interesting reception he received from his supporters. As long as he is doing what his constituents want him to do I can't fault him; for that is what a representative is supposed to do, No? He lost me on the immigration reform bill he was pushing maybe because I did not really pay much attention to the whole fiasco...

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Couldn't be more proud of my fellow Canadian!

I hope he doesn't plan on ever running for POTUS! lol

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

If Texas can secede from the US and keep the illegals from marching in - I would like to move to Texas - but a lot is going to start falling, along with a few "man-made natural catastrophes" - I, as a registered nurse and my companion as a CDL driver (we're hetrosexual - just not married yet - I personally have no problem with homosexual people) would love to move there.

But, I'm afraid of all of the crap people - not just mexican cartel members - flowing over the open border.....

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
The comment - "after two months in Washington it's great to be back in America" is pretty funny actually. Texas is one of those States that is almost a Country on its own. I have only visited once so don't know a lot about the inner workings but I've been told it's a good state to live in. I agree - as long as he is representing his constituents he is doing his job as he should be. Thanks for sharing the story.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
thehill.com...

Law enforcement officials are investigating a threat against Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), who was vaulted into national prominence with his push to defund ObamaCare.

A person identifying himself as Troy Gilmore Jr., posted on Twitter Friday morning: “Take down Ted Cruz, at his home” and listed Cruz’s home address in Houston.

“What goes around comes around CRUZ!!” the person wrote.

Just as ATS not everyone was happy with his efforts in D.C.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Happy1
reply to post by 727Sky

If Texas can secede from the US and keep the illegals from marching in - I would like to move to Texas - but a lot is going to start falling, along with a few "man-made natural catastrophes" - I, as a registered nurse and my companion as a CDL driver (we're hetrosexual - just not married yet - I personally have no problem with homosexual people) would love to move there.

But, I'm afraid of all of the crap people - not just mexican cartel members - flowing over the open border.....

Actually come on down! I did a thread awhile back about some of the Cartels going to places like Chicago and other gun free zones. Not saying Texas does not have it's share of crime ... it is just, you can actually fight back to defend yourself... Property taxes suck but there is no income tax..

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Uh oh.

Shhhhh.

Don't tell the French republicans. They might surrender again.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

727Sky
thehill.com...

Law enforcement officials are investigating a threat against Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), who was vaulted into national prominence with his push to defund ObamaCare.

A person identifying himself as Troy Gilmore Jr., posted on Twitter Friday morning: “Take down Ted Cruz, at his home” and listed Cruz’s home address in Houston.

“What goes around comes around CRUZ!!” the person wrote.

Just as ATS not everyone was happy with his efforts in D.C.

Thought of Timothy McVeigh when I read this (maybe the military part). If everyone posted threats like this we wouldn't need a million agents looking for clandestine messages. It will be interesting to read more about this guy. Can't be that hard to find.

If you facebook his name you can see all his threats. He does indeed give his address.
edit on 20-10-2013 by Dianec because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Ted Cruz is a very cunning man

Very smart compared to your average Conservative politician

I don't think he's an idiot or stupid, I do think he's dangerous and probably the most dangerous man that America has ever faced as an internal enemy.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

muse7

I don't think he's an idiot or stupid, I do think he's dangerous and probably the most dangerous man that America has ever faced as an internal enemy.

" dangerous enemy"

How so?
Because msnbc said so?
Or because he stands up for the constitution?

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

muse7

Yep I agree! Anyone who actually listens to their constituents is very dangerous to those who want to force their personal agenda on the masses... I wonder how Reid and Pelosi will be received when they return... Never mind they are very rich people so there will be the fawners who love them no matter what...

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
People doing what is best for their constituents and not the country is why we have so much Pork in our bills. It is why the military gets ships, planes and weapons they do not need or want. It is why 1/3 of Texas economy comes from the Federal Government. Cruz acts on what a small minority wants and not on what is best for the nation. He is also the best thing to happen to the DNC. He loves the spot light and he polls so unpopular that everytime he speaks he costs the GOP another point or two. I know the GOP trying to let him take the fall for the budget debacle but, if that is going to work they have to get out in front of the cameras more than he does and that will not be easy because the guy is a reporters wet dream for saying crazy stuff and crazy sound bites sell.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I am a Texan and a right leaning Independent. Ted Cruz is a right wing Obama out to make a name for himself. He is arrogant and divisive. Remind you of anyone? In his short time in office he has made enemies of the democrats and some republicans. Does this look to you like a man who can and is willing to negotiate to solve real problems?

A real leader would work behind the scenes, pulling people of both sides together to solve problems. They wouldn't rush in with no plan and grand stand knowing it would not work...as he is reported to have said.

Really folks, look at this realistically. Whether you are repub or dem, we need someone who can and will work with everyone. Someone who doesn't create enemies on the other side by poking fun and ridiculing them. This is the same thing Obama and the dems have done with their name calling.

We should learn a lesson from the current administration and not glorify someone who is doing the same thing on the right.

Learn from the mistakes of others. Seems we have learned nothing.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Oh come on guys, considering how closely tied he is to the Koch Brothers, Goldman Sachs, Boehner and Mitt Romney you cannot really be saying you trust this cat can you?

At what point did we start trusting politicians? Did i miss the memo?
A politician doing the "people" a favor is like a john buying a hooker dinner first. It usually means the #ing your gonna get is going to be bad.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Every other weekend I volunteer at the St. Vincent de Paul soup kitchen. I will tell you that we have more than a thousand people waiting in line to have a good meal.

790?....meh..

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Thorneblood
Oh come on guys, considering how closely tied he is to the Koch Brothers, Goldman Sachs, Boehner and Mitt Romney you cannot really be saying you trust this cat can you?

At what point did we start trusting politicians? Did i miss the memo?
A politician doing the "people" a favor is like a john buying a hooker dinner first. It usually means the #ing your gonna get is going to be bad.

I find it rather strange how anti koch brothers this and blah blah everyone on this site tends to be, yet they are pro Ted Cruz, or pro right/left wing politics, when their beloved politicians (left and right) are all bought and paid for. Kinda makes me laugh and the sheer ignorance displayed by some of the users on these forums.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Kratos40
reply to post by 727Sky

Every other weekend I volunteer at the St. Vincent de Paul soup kitchen. I will tell you that we have more than a thousand people waiting in line to have a good meal.

790?....meh..

The event was held in a ballroom at a hotel.. Fire marshal sets the limit on how many people who can squeeze into the room. It was not reported (where I have found) how many were outside or even if the event was by invitation only.. Just something to consider.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
You government shills and/or trolls (I'm looking at you muse7) can say whatever you want about Ted Cruz. The fact is he is one of the few people who will put Dianne Feinstein and Eric holder in their place. The enemy of my enemy is my ally.
edit on 21-10-2013 by riffraff because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by GR1ill3d

Wrong friend, i am against all politicians. This guy is selling you what you want to hear, plain and simple. He will suckle at the teat of public opinion the way they all do and in the end come away richer while everyone he "represents" is just a little poorer for the deal. The problem with belonging to any "wing" is that you need two wings to fly, like it or not they have to work together.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   

riffraff
You government shills and/or trolls (I'm looking at you muse7) can say whatever you want about Ted Cruz. The fact is he is one of the few people who will put Dianne Feinstein and Eric holder in their place. The enemy of my enemy is my ally.

Hey riffraff. Sorry for butting in on top of your post. It was my favorite in the thread, not just the last one. I want to say that your last line there is exactly why I support Cruz.

Ted Cruz is a fine senator.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join