It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Poor Die Younger

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

If any one wants to know where all the available treatment and resources are going, look at this population of elderly, propped up by medicine folks that keep getting older.

...I don't know if they got their money's worth. Many of them suffered a lot at the end but were held back from passing on by modern medicine. I don't think they enjoyed that period of their life very much. They didn't really have much choice. The system is designed around them.

Anty up and you can live forever.

Well said.

I'm most concerned about living a worthy life but I wouldn't turn down immortality - provided I stayed awake and didn't diminish another's life to get there.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The poor are meant to Die , "they are a burden and a waste of space" , ask any of the rich and they will tell you" cut them of off aid make them go to work" ,"the poor they are just lazy and do not want to work" , "if they say they are disabled it is a ploy they can work", "they just want a free hand out , cut their aid make them starve and they will seek work", and they did just that cut aid that is www.nbcnews.com... from the link

Millions of American families could face a sparse holiday table when food stamps benefits get reduced in November, and that could be just the start of deeper cuts to the program to feed poor families.

The modern-day food stamp plan, now called the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, is scheduled to scale back benefits for all recipients on Nov. 1 because a recession-era boost in benefits is expiring.

The cut comes as lawmakers also are considering billions of dollars of reductions to the overall SNAP program, which has grown substantially in recent years amid the weak economy and high unemployment.

The program is now serving more than 23 million households, or nearly 48 million people, according to the most recent government data through June. The USDA says the average monthly benefit is about $275 per household.

The exact reduction depends on the recipients’ situation, but a family of four with no other changes in circumstances will receive $36 less per month, according to the USDA. At today's average prices, that translates to four fewer whole chickens each month.
best of all you now have to work or be seeking work to receive them or prove you are disabled , the real reason is not to help the poor but make them die off from starvation or make them do things that puts them in behind bars. "a man has got to feed his family."
edit on bAmerica/Chicagok201321 by bekod because: line edit

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

If this is the way you think, heaven help us all if you ever grow rich!

edit on 21/10/13 by Astyanax because: of money, money, money.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

I'm most concerned about living a worthy life but I wouldn't turn down immortality

If you mean the after life, neither would I. Thats real life insurance. By the way, where do we send the check?

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

No it is not the way I think it is real quotes by people I have talked to and asked them what they think of the poor and disabled. as far as being rich I have all that i need, it is not money, it is not fancy toys... a new car a house paid for... but i am loved and thus i am the richest man alive.
edit on bAmerica/Chicagok201321 by bekod because: line edit

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I mean that if you believe that's how rich people think, there's a good chance you'd think like that if you were rich.

In fact, a lot of people who express thoughts similar to the ones you quoted are poor. They're poor, and they're politically conservative. When election time comes around, they cast their votes for political parties that strongly favour the rich and neglect the poor. Rich doesn't necessarily mean wicked, any more than poor means virtuous.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

well if you think if they are poor , most of them i quoted have million dollar homes or more, to be poor than you a billionaire, and no i would not think that for most of my friends are poor , i do not like the rich at all, for they tend to have the self centered I'm better than you mentality. I would rather be friends with a homeless person than a rich person.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Fine. Can you attribute the quotes, please? Who exactly said those different things?

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
This has always been the case and is well established fact.

www.theguardian.com...

It was the case in the Middle Ages, it was the case in Victorian times and it's the case now.

A well known example here in the UK is quoted in Wikipedia, (reputable sources);

In Glasgow the disparity is among the highest in the world with life expectancy for males in the heavily deprived Calton standing at 54 – 28 years less than in the affluent area of Lenzie, which is only eight kilometres away

en.wikipedia.org...

There are many contributory factors.

Life expectancy in general is increasing, but as in most things there still remains a gap between the have's and the have not's.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

...Life expectancy in general is increasing, but as in most things there still remains a gap between the have's and the have not's.

Hmm. In general or on average?

If you have 10 people and 1 lives to 102, 1 lives to 96, and the other 8 live to 50 - the average life span is 60 years (59.8). But 80% of the population actually only lives 50 years. So what's "general"?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join