It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Aquino Pyramidimusings

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Thank you for joining ATS for the AMA session.

Also, thanks for digging in further, and taking a genuine interest in the community.

And, special thank for this thread (a cherished topic of mine), along with this reply on Pg 2.

S&F.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Couldn't the pyramids be a very practical necessity? I think the practicle thing would be to build a water pump to bring water to a prosperous city, I'm sure they probably used the flow of water to generate mechanical energy as well.

Some info

I have looked into this for a while and it makes a lot of sense if you are familiar with the ram pump design.

There are more videos out there, but I just posted this one that I found.

As far as the construction goes, I would assume the Egyptians, or at least a few of them, we're expert hydrologists. When you don't have television, I'm sure you have time to think about some useful things. If the pyramid was indeed a ram pump, then its quite feasible that they were built by the same intelligent hydrologists, so a water lock system seems the more likely method to build them.

edit on 21-10-2013 by Rychwebo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

SquirrelNutz
Thank you for joining ATS for the AMA session.

Also, thanks for digging in further, and taking a genuine interest in the community.

And, special thank for this thread (a cherished topic of mine), along with this reply on Pg 2.

S&F.

He has been here much longer than his AMA thread.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Restricted
I've always had the impression that, based on the interior design, the GP was designed to keep something in as opposed to keeping others out.

Granite plug, three doors, and the counterweight (leaf) left in place. They wanted access to the contents of the King's Chamber but they didn't want it to have the ability to get out. They even plugged the airshafts with slabs.

We should be asking ourselves what they wanted to lock up so badly.

It was documented that different teams took responsibility for doing each corner of the pyramid. The blocks were actually tagged. So they would probably have four supply lines going all the way to the quarries. So 315 blocks/day = 75 blocks/team, 12/hour day, then each team has to transport 6 blocks/hour.

There could be all sorts of optimizations they could make. Carve out a block, surround each end with four quarter circles and the rock essentially becomes it's own wheel. Then as you get towards the pyramid, remove the quarter circles and start dragging it across some smooth rock. That would get smooth down all the rough edges. Or maybe used a band saw and just flatten out the edges. All the scrap pieces of rock are then pulverised and used as polishing material or used to build the ramps. Then natural erosion wears away the ramp once construction is finished.

Food and water supplies were documented - they had large outdoor eating areas where beer and bread was made along with fresh meat. There were some estimates made, and it was like 4.5 tonnes of red meat was consumed each day.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by stormcell

My post from another pyramid thread:

I find it interesting that thousands of workers are supposed to have worked on the Giza Plateau and we have yet to find a single crap pit. Where did they get rid of all that bread and beer? 

I think the theory is fundamentally erroneous.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Restricted
I've always had the impression that, based on the interior design, the GP was designed to keep something in as opposed to keeping others out.

Granite plug, three doors, and the counterweight (leaf) left in place. They wanted access to the contents of the King's Chamber but they didn't want it to have the ability to get out. They even plugged the airshafts with slabs.

What makes sense is they did want to keep something in, something very powerful and prone to damaging the pyramid without such great reinforcements.

However, I don't think the thing they were trying to keep in was a 'being' of some kind, but rather the immense pressure that would build up from using the pyramid as a ram pump. Ram pumps require a compression chamber needed to build massive amounts of pressure in order to force water upwards. Check my previous post.
edit on 21-10-2013 by Rychwebo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
My "theory" is that mankind in an intelligent capacity has been on this earth for much much longer than we have been led to believe. I would also propose that maybe the "Nordic" class of ET could just be an offshoot of a long past human culture that left the earth to avoid a cataclysm that put the humans left behind back into the "stone age". There are various ooparts, like the perfect metal spheres that were buried inside a mountain, that would suggest a much more ancient intelligence on this earth. Myths and legends and re-telling of the same stories, secrets that were once held by the mystery schools, many of the mysteries lost in events like the burning of the library at Alexandria(or so we are led to believe).

I fear that with this modern technique of digitising all knowledge that once the power gets switched off, that knowledge is lost. A harddrive fails, knowledge is lost. I think the time we are living in could very much become a dark age itself as books and material knowledge starts to only exist in the ether that is the "virtual" world. And to be lost when that virtual world ultimately becomes obsolete or is switched off.

Im of the opinion that we are an ongoing experiment being performed by a "species" much older and much wiser than ourselves. Rather like lab rats. The buildings like the pyramids(with their encoded mathematics only visible to those who have the eyes(knowledge) to see) are a fingerprint of either that "unknown" species or a much older and wiser version of our own. I think the pyramids are a signature, only to be understood with the understanding of the mathematical principles hidden in its dimensions.

And that screams one simple thing "We(either the older version of ourselves or an "alien" species of geneticists that created us) were very intelligent and we/they lived a very long time ago, we built this just to let you know that fact"
edit on 201310America/Chicago10pm10pmMon, 21 Oct 2013 16:38:58 -05001013 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Restricted

I love it. Because evidently no one found an outhouse, the entire history of the site simply MUST be viewed in a different manner than that established by literally a hundred years of digging and painstaking research, not to mention all of the documentation provided by, you know, the very society that built the things. Because a guy on the internet who hasn't turned over one single shovel full of Giza Plateau dirt says if there is no outhouse, the entire timeline is disrupted, lol. Long slow clap for you, sir.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by maquino

Point being that if the Egyptians had conceived the GP, it would have been a lot more open, colorful, and fun. They were a fun-loving people, not the Egyptonazi necrophiliacs Cecil B. deMille would have you believe. Which may well be why, when we try to make sense of the GP "through Egyptian eyes", we get nowhere.

We're in full agreement there. The only thing I'm fairly certain of is that the conception, design, & construction were not of any human origin of that time (other than cheap labor). So now the fun starts. Where does that leave us?

I see 4 choices:

1 - It was ET entities (insert Giorgio Tsoukalos meme here)

2 - It was ED (Extra-Dimensional) entities

3 - It was a combination of 1 & 2 above where ET discovers ED and quickly realizes that the shortest distance between 2 points is NOT a straight line, it's a jump thru the dimensional vortex(es).

4 - It is of future human origin where they use ED or some other form of time travel to get there. Hell, for all we know, they could also be ET by that time too and probably unrecognizable as human by the people of that time. Why they would do so is beyond my ken although I'm sure they had their reasons.

I like the fact that any of the 4 above would help explain the impossibility and/or sheer high-strangeness of the pyramid itself, the origins of some (if not all) of the Egyptian gods, and the wild depictions seen on many hieroglyphics that have been found all over Egypt and that Giorgio T & co. so gleefully embrace.

So that's my story and I'm sticking to it. What are your thoughts on the origins of the GP?

On a final note, I've stayed at the Luxor a few times both pre and post de-Egyptification and I agree that it was a far better place (and a lot more fun) before the "genocide" committed by MGM.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

jaffo
reply to post by Restricted

I love it. Because evidently no one found an outhouse, the entire history of the site simply MUST be viewed in a different manner than that established by literally a hundred years of digging and painstaking research, not to mention all of the documentation provided by, you know, the very society that built the things. Because a guy on the internet who hasn't turned over one single shovel full of Giza Plateau dirt says if there is no outhouse, the entire timeline is disrupted, lol. Long slow clap for you, sir.

Be a wiener somewhere else.

I didn't point out this fact. An archaeologist did. It is a legitimate point.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Rychwebo

What makes sense is they did want to keep something in, something very powerful and prone to damaging the pyramid without such great reinforcements.

However, I don't think the thing they were trying to keep in was a 'being' of some kind, but rather the immense pressure that would build up from using the pyramid as a ram pump. Ram pumps require a compression chamber needed to build massive amounts of pressure in order to force water upwards. Check my previous post.

Why does this thoroughly debunked woo make more sense to you than the purpose every credible, reputable scholar in the field of Egyptology accepts as fact? I'm just curious why people are so quick to dismiss millions of man hours of research and mountains of evidence in favor of some crackpot's theory as presented in a youtube video?

Is it that you believe that everyone in the mainstream community is either lying or too scared to admit that prominent individuals are wrong for fear of being ostracized?

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Maghda
reply to post by Scott Creighton

I doubt carbon dating will be abandoned on the say so of Hawass

edit on 21-10-2013 by Maghda because: (no reason given)

SC: Dr Hawass didn't say the C14 dating technique should be abandoned, just that it is "useless". He has expressed his personal opinion and one has to imagine that his opinion comes from experience of using the technique. He is obviously not impressed by the results. And he is not the only archaeologist or scientist to express such misgivings.

So, who do we believe?

Regards,

SC

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by theantediluvian

I don't understand why you insist on squatting in that box.

For every theory substantiated by scientific research there is another theory thoroughly debunked by same. Science is fallible because men are fallible.

Don't be so afraid to stick out your neck. Live a little. Dream big.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

theantediluvian
reply to post by Rychwebo

Why does this thoroughly debunked woo make more sense to you than the purpose every credible, reputable scholar in the field of Egyptology accepts as fact? I'm just curious why people are so quick to dismiss millions of man hours of research and mountains of evidence in favor of some crackpot's theory as presented in a youtube video?

Is it that you believe that everyone in the mainstream community is either lying or too scared to admit that prominent individuals are wrong for fear of being ostracized?

I don't know where you extracted this conclusion from, but I haven't denied anything at all, I just pointed out something that made sense. Did you even bother to review the links I provided with an unbiased mind?

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I'd just like to politely point out there is an evolution to Egyptian pyramid construction, from the step pyramid (Saqqara) to inward-leaning buttresses (Saqqara, Meidum), the on-the-fly redesign of the Bent pyramid, through the stone pyramids of Giza, to the later mud-brick pyramids. They dealt with structural and foundation problems in the early pyramids (esp. the South Dashur pyramid) that were obviously taken into consideration when engineering those at Giza. Imhotep was the common link between all the early 'stone pyramids', leading up to the GP.

You make a comment about having to float 70-ton blocks across the Nile, but only the Tura dressing stones were taken across from their underground quarries on the opposite bank of the river. The quarries from which much of the stone for Giza came from were immediately adjacent to the pyramids, and they had even constructed an artificial harbor to bring the Tura blocks right up to an area adjoining the valley temple/Sphinx temple. It's been demonstrated many times that a simple straight-forward ramp would have accommodated 2/3rds of the Great Pyramids stone bulk, with the upper 1/3rd reached by a spiraled ramp or even by Shadufs (Herodotus had made such a claim, although his observations were based on construction he witnessed 2,000 years after the GP). The Petrie 'rollers' would have made it possible to turn each block into a rolling block, and a Japanese team demonstrated how easy it was to push/pull 2.5 ton blocks up a ramp with a very small team of workers.

All the evidence points to Khufu as the Pharaoh for whom the GP was intended, and nothing suggests they were built with anything more than human ingenuity.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Riffrafter
reply to post by maquino

Point being that if the Egyptians had conceived the GP, it would have been a lot more open, colorful, and fun. They were a fun-loving people, not the Egyptonazi necrophiliacs Cecil B. deMille would have you believe. Which may well be why, when we try to make sense of the GP "through Egyptian eyes", we get nowhere.

We're in full agreement there. The only thing I'm fairly certain of is that the conception, design, & construction were not of any human origin of that time (other than cheap labor). So now the fun starts. Where does that leave us?

I see 4 choices:

1 - It was ET entities (insert Giorgio Tsoukalos meme here)

2 - It was ED (Extra-Dimensional) entities

3 - It was a combination of 1 & 2 above where ET discovers ED and quickly realizes that the shortest distance between 2 points is NOT a straight line, it's a jump thru the dimensional vortex(es).

4 - It is of future human origin where they use ED or some other form of time travel to get there. Hell, for all we know, they could also be ET by that time too and probably unrecognizable as human by the people of that time. Why they would do so is beyond my ken although I'm sure they had their reasons.

... Or perhaps the not so fantismal, hidden, option, number 5. It was just done by humans with the tools available at the time and lifted with water.

Water can lift something as heavy as the Titanic, so I am certain it can lift a few pebbles with ease, you just have to build some system of channels to lift them up. Review the research others have done in the links I provided for a view on this subject that will make aliens and gods seem like a fairytale worth saving for a Hollywood production.

I'm not one to dismiss claims, but Occam's razor would dictate that one should proceed to simpler theories until simplicity can be traded for greater explanatory power. The simplest available theory doesn't have to be the most accurate. The research I provided is indeed a very simple explanation, AND has some explanatory power.

Lifting stones with water can be proven, aliens - not quite as much. To bring a precious, life sustaining, vital component to the polis is indeed a necessity. Building ridiculous and unnecessary tombs to just bury some dead guys and make a calendar is a much more difficult thing to prove than to look at the obvious possibilities.

Again, I'm not denying anything, but I have an idea of probabilities, combined with the ability to make 'sense' of things, so that leads me to follow the more sensical and probable answers to unknown questions.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by theantediluvian

Could you also provide me links to evidence that debunks the ram pump theory? I have not had the pleasure of looking at any such information like you have. I'll look over it though if you'll save me the trouble of digging it up.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
There was quite a bit of information missing from this article and also some points most never consider when calculating the build of the GP and the plateau as a whole...

First not much thought is given to the time and effort before the first stone was stacked in the GP... The Whole of the plateau had to be leveled and tunneled and a layer of black granite slabs weighing in at around 60 to 100 ton each interlocked with poured metal clamps over 100's of acres....

Then you have to give some credence to the possibility that the three main pyramids do actually match by design the Orion Constellation ... It does match with star magnitude to size and position.... I so then that would mean that the whole plateau and all the pyramids were designed and started at the same time. That in and of itself disrupts history as we have been told....

Personally the Crustal Displacement theory and a Global catastrophic event that ended the last Ice Age and wiped a civilization that we are looking at the remnants of..... gives the best explanation of what we are finding in the seas and megalithic structures around the planet....

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I've been fascinated by the pyramids since I was a child and always scoffed at the idea of humans building them! Who (or what ) built them- I don't know.
To what purpose were they built: definitely NOT a tomb!
I DO believe they were built FAR earlier than "experts" want us to believe.
I believe this current Advanced Civilization is too prideful and ignorant to admit there were Advanced Civilizations prior!!
I've read many books on ancient civilizations, Atlantis and the like. The best explanation I've come across is "The Giza Power Plant" by Christopher Dunn.
The Giza Power Plant
As far as why they put it there:
The Atlantis Blueprint
.... and how might they have done it:
The Source Field Investigations
This is a topic I am truly passionate about and saddened by the ignorant views that these structures were built and used for anything beyond OUR conventional wisdom!
Absolute Disclosure would NOT be a bad thing- it would be Illuminating!!

THANK YOU, Mr. Aquino for this post!

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Restricted

Maybe the ravening insane destroyer of worlds prototype was locked in there: man..

J/K

KPB

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join