It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will we be seeing a mid-term / senate election forum?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Well, a few months from now and we're in 2014, effectively ending 2012.... By 2 years. I'm just wondering if this forum will be put aside and the 2014 mid-term / senate elections will be replacing it? It seems like it's going to be even more important to pay attention this time around than ever before, especially so if you follow the many conspiracy theories out there hahaha.

To quote wiki:

Elections for the United States Senate will be held on November 4, 2014, with 33 of the 100 seats in the Senate being contested in regular elections whose winners will serve six-year terms from January 3, 2015, until January 3, 2021. Additionally, special elections may be held to fill vacancies that occur during the 113th United States Congress.

Midterm elections in the United States refer to general elections in the United States that are held two years after the quadrennial (four-year) elections for the President of the United States (i.e. near the midpoint of the four-year presidential term). Federal offices that are up for election during the midterms are members of the United States Congress, including all 435 seats in the United States House of Representatives, and the full terms for 33 or 34 of the 100 seats in the United States Senate.

In addition, 34 of the 50 U.S. states elect their governors to four-year terms during midterm elections, while Vermont and New Hampshire elect governors to two-year terms in both midterm and presidential elections. Thus, 36 governors are elected during midterm elections. Many states also elect officers to their state legislatures in midterm years. There are also elections held at the municipal level. On the ballot are many mayors, other local public offices, and a wide variety of citizen initiatives.

Anyhow, I was just wondering is all. =)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I would be in favor of a 2014 Elections forum.

There's State and local elections too.

edit on Oct-20-2013 by xuenchen because:

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Cool =)

I wish more people could respond, but I guess this forum category is pretty dead? Looking forward to an answer by a mod

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Nice Information, I hope many people will be participated.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
They may be afraid to have a forum specifically for the political bloodletting, lol.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
It looks really odd to have this forum still under Breaking News. Is there a hidden message there or did the midget behind the curtain fall asleep? They could just have a Current Elections forum section without a date in the title.

(post by ghhtty removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Legalizing medical marijuana is our hot button topic on the ballot....that and the choice of governor...the flip-flopping ambulance chasing Charlie Crist, or the evil, crooked as hell Rick Scott. Sorry, but Scott is just pure evil. At least Chain Gang Charlie knows where his bread is buttered.....

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
well baring them creating a forum i think your thread is the first on the election or at least could be.

www.politico.com... site to check when the polls start to close

www.google.com...:en-US
fficial&client=firefox-a&channel=sb google search of election results lists a map that seems to update

www.politico.com... seems to update regularly

www.postcrescent.com... one last link so far showing mostly red
edit on 4-11-2014 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join