It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little girl sold for ‘organ harvesting’

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

Like I said If everyone donates their organs there will be enough for all and this type of crime will be a thing of the past, simple economics. Also the right thing to do

donating your organs is a noble thing to do, however im just not comfortable with that spiritually. Something about it bugs me! We live in a society where people test their bodies to the max by drinking till they cant walk and over doing the drugs, those types of people dont entirely deserve "new organs" when they should have been taking care of their original ones! But that's another thread

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   

stumason

Dianec
Maybe I need to check the box on my license that says I will donate organs should I die. I mean is it truly this hard to get them from the dying? I've known about this for a long time but to see them intercept this is miraculous. Just like another poster said - how much lower can people sink?

I think everyone should be automatically assumed to give consent, not the other way around. Thing is, while everyone is indignant about this particular example, should you suggest that people automatically give up their organs upon death unless stated, they get in an uproar over that as well. This policy has been touted in the UK before and is regularly beaten down by religious groups and selfish wierdo's, which is exactly why we have a shortage of organs and why this horrible practice has sprung up.

We could end this overnight with presumed consent.

For the record, my younger brother is a transplant recipient and he had to wait 5 years to get a kidney. With 500,000 people dying in the UK every year and with only 8,000 people on the transplant list, this could be easily sorted even when you remove those who have died and left organs unsuitable for transplant. As it happens though, less than 1,000 potential donors are found every year due to the extremely low uptake of voluntary organ donation..

Maybe if scientists focused on manufacturing artificial organs instead of testing how cow flatulence leads to global warming, then this kind of obscene practice wouldn't happen. There are too many cases of hospitals declaring people dead when they are not and then harvesting their organs; that's why a lot of people refuse to sign up to become an organ donor.

Quite frankly, I can't blame them.
edit on 22-10-2013 by TheBigEmpty because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
one company was working on growing organs. That's on Ted.com and tedtalks but my guess is it's just more technology that will only be shared with elitists. As if they want to cure, or heal anyone. quite the opposite. They do whatever they can to damage your organs and make you sick and keep you that way as long as they can and then kill you. That's how they make the most money. Hard kill by the nazi's didn't work. Soft kill is in.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

This is, of course, utterly disgusting. The people responsible for removing these people from their home nations, and taking their organs FOR MONEY AND FOR NO OTHER REASON ought to be rounded up and summarily executed in the slowest and most harrowing manner possible.

And the people who purchased these organs for sick family members, or even themselves? I have only this to say to these people. My heart goes out to every one of them, because I cannot imagine what it would be like to have a relative seriously sick to the point of requiring a transplanted organ or marrow. It must be a terrible burden to carry psychologically. However, as hard as this may be to accept, there are right ways to do things, and there are wrong ones, and requiring another individual to die, just so that you or a loved one can have a few more years, or even a full and long life, is not morally acceptable, no matter what your heart tells you to the contrary.

In addition, there are significant risks to using organs which have been harvested as part of a criminal enterprise. The sort of people who would be prepared to maim and kill a "donor" in order to make money, will not think twice about using poor practice during the removal of organs, or indeed their storage during transportation. You think having your burger dropped on the floor is a problem? Try your brand spanking new liver!

There are, of course, reasons that people turn to organ traffickers, and illegal enterprises such as those detailed in the OPs linked article. One of the foremost among them, is the enormous gulf between the supply and demand for these organs. Solutions to this particular issue are beginning to come to the fore now, with three dimensional printing waiting in the wings, and the possibility of growing organs from stem cells also waiting to make an entrance into front line medicine. However, these are some way off, in terms of being able to immediately begin to make new kidneys, liver, lungs, hearts, and so on and so forth, and pass regulatory testing to ensure their safety.

I think this particular type of crime is one of the most exploitative that there has ever been on this planet, because it exploits those at both ends of the supply chain. Those who practice it, offer money in exchange for life at one end, and demand money in exchange for life at the other. Anyone who could consider that manner of manipulation, just to acquire for themselves vast wealth, cannot be considered sane, cannot be considered HUMAN. It is capitalism at its most foul, that these wretches have found a way to trade even the beats of a human heart for currency.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

"Sometimes, Sharia law has it's benefits, if you know what I mean."

No, don't know what you mean. can you explain?
edit on 22-10-2013 by robbo961 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
This has probably been going for sometime. I doubt few would willingly do this if they knew but that said, they probably weren't told. Only that they could maybe be "moved up" in the cue if they were willing to pay.
Horrendous for sure but probably true. Just like the Moral Majority. Remember them? They would be first in line to save there own skin with stem cells, etc. whatever it took.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

This has been going on for a very long time, as long as rich people are willing to pay for what they need such horrible things will never stop. The problem is the rich people never know ( and like many more dont want to know ) where things come from. Its different when the child is trafficked for sex, and there have been many cases where the child is used till death. Sad thing is that non of this shocks me anymore, the world can be a very very dark place, so dark sometimes even evil fears to walk there.

edit on 22-10-2013 by imod02 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

DaRAGE
As if you wouldn't do it to save your own child!

Agreed. Anybody who says they wouldn't is either a liar or has too many morals. Yes, there is such a thing as having too many morals. Hell, I'd even do it to save an immediate family member.

Like it or not our species evolved to look out for family members first, not strangers. Sometimes nasty and unethical things have to be done to help those we love.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Xaphan

DaRAGE

Agreed. Anybody who says they wouldn't is either a liar or has too many morals. Yes, there is such a thing as having too many morals. Hell, I'd even do it to save an immediate family member.

Like it or not our species evolved to look out for family members first, not strangers. Sometimes nasty and unethical things have to be done to help those we love.

Could it be because many people think that way the world is the mess it is ?

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Char-Lee
My God you would have another child killed for their organs to save yours? i can't even believe someone would think such a thing besides say it openly. You should give your own organs to your child. Yes someone elses child is as precious as my own!

Probably a libertarian/objectivist/republican or teabag/partier.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Xaphan

DaRAGE

No we're not liars or too moral. Perhaps we're just truly human where others are "sub" human.

There is war, violence and many things that sometimes we must take part in. Transplant theft, exploitation and virtual cannibalism isn't one of them. If you really feel this way I pity you.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Bassago
No we're not liars or too moral. Perhaps we're just truly human where others are "sub" human.

There is war, violence and many things that sometimes we must take part in. Transplant theft, exploitation and virtual cannibalism isn't one of them. If you really feel this way I pity you.

I'm not saying I wouldn't feel guilty about it. Of course I would. But sometimes you have to choose the lesser of two evils. I'd rather live with the guilt of that than the guilt of allowing somebody I love to die knowing I could have prevented it.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I hope I'm correct in assuming that those who claim that 'any parent would do the same for their kids' are only referring to merely accepting an organ that happened to be obtained by shady means, rather than condoning the actual murders.
I have to assume that. ATS couldn't seriously have otherwise-fine users who look upon living kids as sacks of organs to be ordered like a dish at a restaurant, at the snap of a desperate finger.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

EllaMarina
I hope I'm correct in assuming that those who claim that 'any parent would do the same for their kids' are only referring to merely accepting an organ that happened to be obtained by shady means, rather than condoning the actual murders.
I have to assume that. ATS couldn't seriously have otherwise-fine users who look upon living kids as sacks of organs to be ordered like a dish at a restaurant, at the snap of a desperate finger.

You and me both and a double amen to that, brrrr.

My faith in humankind isn't that strong though, those people from Africa and the UK involved in this are no different from many many other people and they're everywhere. Maybe someone you know or even your neighbors.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Bisman
well is there something wrong with the uk's health system that makes this a more convenient thing to do?

No.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Char-Lee

DaRAGE

The parents don't probably even know about it though. They have probably just gone to some back water medical people who said they have access to organs.

Though a 50% rise year on year is very troubling isn't it?
edit on 20-10-2013 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

My God you would have another child killed for their organs to save yours? i can't even believe someone would think such a thing besides say it openly. You should give your own organs to your child. Yes someone elses child is as precious as my own!

Thousands of people, make this choice, everyday. Not necessarily under the same circumstances, but there are adults killing other people's children to save the lives of their own, on nearly every continent on the planet. It's really not such a large jump to make.

Despise it all you want, this is the truth, under this context you can simply realize it's the choice they made, I think it is immoral to a degree, but I also question the morality of someone unwilling to kill to protect their own family, however, I would argue that on entirly different grounds. Preferably one that doesn't involve turning children into portable organ containers.

But I guess to some, spare meat is spare meat......

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by vind21

I think it is immoral to a degree

I am at a complete loss as to how any of you can say these things let alone believe them!

It is immoral to A DEGREE!
Killing a child to get their body parts! So why not kill your neighbor you may not like anyway and take their parts at least that way you will know it was not some well loved and beautiful child someone else adores!
The selfishness of those saying your family member is worth more than some other human being and you don't even KNOW who the body part was stolen from, what it were YOUR kidnaped child!

God help us all! I hope there is truly a hell!

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

This thread seems to illustrate very clearly that sociopathy is acceptable in our whole society, not just in corporate culture.

Why Publicly Traded Corporations Behave Like Sociopaths

The Corporation (film)

Sociopath World: Are corporations sociopathic?

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
unfortunately, it's far more common than people think, especially within the very privileged family's.

You don't think that Dick Cheney was at the top of the transplant list for his new heart do you? Nope, chances are someone was murdered for that heart he got so quickly, even though he is in his 80's and most likely has very unhealthy habits.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

NavyDoc

BlubberyConspiracy
Goes to show you how irresponsible the whole system is. Until corporate hysteria is removed form the entire complex, the technology necessary to avoid this kind of sickness won't come or last long if it does.

Nothing should come at the cost of another human being against that person's will. ]

I agree with that statement completely. I'm a bit curious though, would you extend that philosophy to welfare? Socialized medicine? After all, these programs give to one person against many other people's will. Although not to the extreme of removing an organ, certainly, they certainly have a similar basic philosophical point: to take from one by force to give to another.

I think too far out of context of my reply, although we are so advanced now if we all stopped for a few days to find a technological solution to health issues, we could. The need for most jobs would end but the suffering would not, when the comfort of human life becomes accessible and people reproduce, resources will become problem A and we'll go back to doing sick things to one another.

Space colonization is an important thing before all.

To answer your question, if you mean forced injections, I consider that a violation of a human being. And forcing one who doesn't need welfare to pay for another's welfare check? Not worth commenting on IMO. We all have to pay in one way or another, but it can be cleaned up by denying welfare checks to those that aren't looking for work through their labor departments.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join