It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little girl sold for ‘organ harvesting’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

In the UK, we actually have some of the more progressive Stem Cell research laws and guidelines and allow it - unlike in the US were your religious nutters have far too much say.

Stem Cell Research UK

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

stumason
reply to post by Bassago

So because of one mistake you're going to take the selfish route?

Me thinks you're just looking for a justification in not signing up and this fit the bill. As with most things in life, mistakes happen but if you constantly focus on the few mistakes and ignore the huge amount of correct decisions, you're going to make some very dubious decisions.

No actually you're incorrect. I have always been against being a organ donor or organ taker. I'm just here for the ride. When it's done it's done, for me anyway. You can have your own beliefs.

I'm not stuffing someone else's body parts into my body. It's just a personal belief. When I go I'll take the only thing to the grave that I came into the world with thank you very much.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Helious
Sometimes, Sharia law has it's benefits, if you know what I mean.

Have said it before and this thread lends its weight: every religion has something to offer. -Snarl

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

The human trafficking industry is growing by leaps and bounds, and not just for organ harvesting. Labor, sex, you name it - if a slave can be used, there's a supply for the demand.

Did you know both the UK and Canada have a 14 year maximum sentence for human trafficking? A recent case in US Federal Court found a trafficker guilty of 12 charges - he was sentenced to a total of 3 years in prison.

In all, Bell was sentenced on 12 charges. The charges and respective sentences are as follows:

Count one: conspiracy to commit sex trafficking: 360 months’ imprisonment
Counts two and three: sex trafficking: 180 months’ imprisonment on each count
Counts four through seven: coercion or enticement to travel in interstate commerce for prostitution: 240 months’ imprisonment on each count
Count eight: conspiracy to transport in interstate commerce for prostitution: 60 months’ imprisonment
Counts nine through 12: transportation in interstate commerce for prostitution: 120 months’ imprisonment on each count
All the sentences were imposed to run concurrently.

...Something is very wrong with our world.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

DaRAGE
As if you wouldn't do it to save your own child!

Dude, you might as well cancel your account now and start over, it' s hard to come back from that!

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Sadly, this doesn't surprise me one bit... With so many people on the planet there's always going to be a market for messed up sh*t, ie. this....

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

That's beyond sick.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Jeez ATS is becoming so gloomy, now if I did not know this sort of stuff happens already. I would be totally and completely shocked. But yes its a sad state the world is in, and it did not get here and will not head deeper into such depravities by chance.

As to your link, you would get a longer time if they found pot on you, at least here were I am at. And god help you if you lose your job and have to get a bit desperate, you start shoplifting, and have to do other seedy things, and get caught because that would lead to a spiral of paying constant fees, in and out of jail, which you would never likely get out. But hey its not that bad if your a trafficker of human parts, or a real druglord, or a big time pimp, not only could you likely afford the best lawyers, but you would just get a slap on the wrist to begin with.

I know people who got much harsher sentences for a quarter of what that guy had on his record.
edit on 20-10-2013 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

TheLieWeLive
What we are seeing is the price people are willing to pay for mortality and the people who are willing to make a profit from either maiming or killing a child in the process. It's horrific and I don't see this going away unless an alternative is allowed.

Scientists can grow headless mice in laboratories by removing a single gene. Why would you want to do that? Well if you can grow headless humans then you could organ harvest their bodies without seemingly interfering with religion and human rights. No head no soul kind of reasoning. Maybe this would and could help with eliminating the need for human organ trafficking.

It's a harsh reality combating another harsh reality but it's the only option I got.

Very interesting post. First of all, there are so many wonderful advanced worlds and cities in space, where you would have anything that is needed, for cloned organs, and without consciousness, food, all that is required. And this is lower level tech though above ours. But there is a catch. In order to progress to levels like you can't harm others.

So unless people can control themselves, and resist killing or maiming a child to save their own (imagine even having to write that sentence, wowzers!!!!) you won't get there at all.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

We have a whole lot of prisoners who could be harvested, instead of wasting good quality euthanasia solutions. Why not? At least they would be contributing to society..

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Tancred
reply to post by Bassago

We have a whole lot of prisoners who could be harvested, instead of wasting good quality euthanasia solutions. Why not? At least they would be contributing to society..

Prisoners CAN be rehabilitated and become contributing members to society. I don't believe harvesting the organs from people who may have made a mistake a time in their life is the way to go... I say, back to the drawing board...

Now death row is another conversation....

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

To be fair, slavery is new. [Did I say that?] Our legislators have not caught up with the new state of affairs vis a vis human trafficking. The legal language just doesn't cover the current situation - our laws are designed to allow wage slaves and indentured servants, but not extreme forms of slavery and human trafficking. Getting the words right is a tricky business.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Tancred
reply to post by Bassago

There does seem to be some sentiment to do that but is it really a direction we want to go. People have suffered the death penaly only to be found later that opps there was a mistake.

China was doing this in the past and has apparently put a stop to it. Do we really want to do the things the Chinese prison industrial complex has turned it's back on?

China to stop using organs from executed prisoners in transplants

This source has expired due to copyright but points to Reuters is you want to look it up.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

jhn7537

Tancred
reply to post by Bassago

Prisoners CAN be rehabilitated and become contributing members to society. I don't believe harvesting the organs from people who may have made a mistake a time in their life is the way to go... I say, back to the drawing board...

Now death row is another conversation....

LOL People don't typically wind up in jail for mistakes. Can you imagine the crime rate if everyone knew they would lose an organ in the process? I'm tell in' ya ... Sharia law is an answer.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Say you work your tale off, paying all the bills, your wife stays at home. You come home early one day because you were laid off, you are beyond stressed cause bills are piling up and you find your wife upstairs with your close friend. You snap... You put both in the hospital and end up in jail... Mistake... Justified... LOL... I tried to put together a fun hypothetical for this discussion... Just saying, mistakes can happen....

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I like the stem cell idea the best. Why hasn't this gone further for regenerating failing organs? I don't like the death row idea. I wouldn't want a Ted Bundy type kidney in me. I would much prefer they just fix what's there with some stem cell technology.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

jhn7537
reply to post by Snarl

Say you work your tale off, paying all the bills, your wife stays at home. You come home early one day because you were laid off, you are beyond stressed cause bills are piling up and you find your wife upstairs with your close friend. You snap... You put both in the hospital and end up in jail... Mistake... Justified... LOL... I tried to put together a fun hypothetical for this discussion... Just saying, mistakes can happen....

Still LMAO over the last post.

Anyone living under Sharia knows you don't snap. You run grab the nearest Imam (and they're everywhere ... Like Hitler's brown shirts even). You'll get more vengeance through them than a typical Westerner could even begin to imagine. Ever seen someone stoned? T'ain't a pretty sight. I don't know if public punishments are still carried out in Saudi Arabia, but I assure you, I would never be caught with something in my hands that didn't belong to me in that country. I once saw a forgotten wallet on a store counter everyday for a week.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I'd rather give up and organ than live in Africa. I'd give up more than one if I were a female in the same predicament.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Char-Lee

DaRAGE

The parents don't probably even know about it though. They have probably just gone to some back water medical people who said they have access to organs.

Though a 50% rise year on year is very troubling isn't it?
edit on 20-10-2013 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

My God you would have another child killed for their organs to save yours? i can't even believe someone would think such a thing besides say it openly. You should give your own organs to your child. Yes someone elses child is as precious as my own!

MODS

This poster deserves an applause.

That is all.

Regards,

FTE

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Bassago
Little girl sold for ‘organ harvesting’

A young girl has been smuggled out of Africa and sold for organ harvesting, authorities have revealed. It is the first case of a child being trafficked into Britain for the express intention of providing organs for people desperate for a transplant, reports the Telegraph.

The girl, whose identity has been protected, was taken from Somalia and smuggled into the UK so that her organs could be removed and sold. A British government report revealed human trafficking has reached record levels, rising by 50 per cent in the last year.

This has got to be the most despicable thing I have ever heard of. If there ever was a case for the death penalty this has got to be it and that's all I'll say about it.

This is old news. This happens every day in India/Pakistan and in Mexico. This is why I cancelled my trip to Goa, India. You never know what may happen to you there...

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join