It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas gun owners stage rally at the Alamo!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Remember the Alamo, the cry has gone! Usually said with passion and real conviction in Texas. I'd say the protest yesterday in San Antonio was no different.

Plenty of passion.

Hundreds of gun-rights advocates, many toting rifles and shotguns, gathered early Saturday at the Alamo in San Antonio to rally in support of gun ownership and the right to bear arms.

The rally, called "Come and Take It San Antonio," comes in response to what organizers called San Antonio police's "disregard for Texas law and The Constitution." Organizers said the police department has harassed gun owners and created a hostile environment for legal gun ownership.

Plenty of conviction too....

"(The San Antonio Police Department) is no longer going to be messing with us," Chivers said from a podium, with the Alamo's famed Spanish mission behind him.

The day's keynote speaker, Texas Land Commissioner Jerry Patterson, is a Republican candidate for the lieutenant governor and an avid gun-rights advocate.
Source

..but then Texas tends to be that way. Folks down there are passionate about being, well, Texans.

What I didn't see any mention of, anywhere, were arrests or violence or damage as a result of their moment to protest in a site of such meaning.

Perhaps there is hope for peaceful demonstration? Given the nature of this rally and how easily something with everyone carrying long guns (I notice one in the picture with a magazine inserted, too) could get stupid these days? It's a hopeful thing to read about.

Anyone else see it that way?

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Already posted.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

join