It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 pointed star with two circles surrounding it?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Romanakis

i belive this symbol is a bond symbol. the nine points mean the nine band members. the two circles mean the bond that they kept . they are like brothers who kept together for all of those years. the symbol repersents them.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
First thing I thought of was what had already been posted... the 9 points are the 9 band members.

From Wiki:

Current members

* (#0) Sid Wilson - turntables (1996–present)
* (#1) Joey Jordison - drums (1995–present)
* (#2) Paul Gray - bass guitar, backing vocals (1995–present)
* (#3) Chris Fehn - custom percussion, backing vocals (1997–present)
* (#4) Jim Root - lead and rhythm guitars (1999–present)
* (#5) Craig "133" Jones - sampling, keyboards (1996–present)
* (#6) Shawn "Clown" Crahan - custom percussion, backing vocals (1995–present)
* (#7) Mick Thomson - lead and rhythm guitars (1996–present)
* (#8) Corey Taylor - lead vocals (1997–present)

I'd do something like this for our band, but a square is so boring!
Plus, we don't need to be thought of as occultish... we already have songs about drugs and kids selling bombs at school and blowing their heads off with a shotgun (God's Really Pissed (Took Too Much) and Bombs at School). 3WGBS Shameless plug...

Honestly, the band's entire image is a marketing scheme. They are there for the fans, thus the image, which is fairly typical of metal. If you follow their side projects, or actually main bands, you will see that is just image to capture the audience, much like the glitter and glamour of the pre-GnR rock/metal era. There are many bands who do this, because it adds to the stage show. Ozzy, for example, used to bite the heads off of rubber rodents, and alot of people went to the shows JUST FOR THAT (until he supposedly picked up a bat that WAS real on accident... we all remember that fiasco..) Another person who does all this stuff is Marylin Manson. That guy was plain as a store clerk in maybury county before he updated his image and busted out on the scene!

A lot of bands are into the 'image' just for the show. If you have a chance to see a bunch of longhairs playing good metal, or a decent metal show where all the people wore halloween costumes and acted 'evil', most kiddies will go to the latter. I actually wrote a punk song about this (Monkeys) lol... I gotta admit, I was into the whole metal scene back in the day... skater mullet, jean jacket with patches... the whole nine yards! Now I just rock the plugs and buzz my head... no more metal shirts for me.

Want to see a truely disturbing (and absolutely hilarious in the sickest sense) show, go see GWAR. Best stage show I've EVER seen... only thing I can think of that is as close to satyrical as GWAR would be Robot Chicken (Adult Swim TV Show).

EDIT: In my opinion, the music that has apparent symbology is quite benign in most cases, and fairly harmless... however, one does have to take into consideration the industry as a whole may not be so. It's kinda like when they wrote the bible... pick what works and discredit the best, I mean the REST.

[edit on 6-6-2008 by Earthscum]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Thorfinn Skullsplitter

Dude, You Have Your Opinion On Slipknot, We Have Ours. Why Not Leave The Hating In Your House And Not Bring It Here

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
By now, I assume we're discussing a nine-, rather than eight-pointed star.

But just for reference, an eight-pointed star is generally known as a "chaos star," with relevance in wicca as well as chaos magick.

It might be noted that in some traditions, a seven-pointed star is the "chaos star," but I believe the general rule to be eight.

As above posters have stated, the nine-pointed star is connected with the concept of "trinity."

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
The unicursal hexagram is only 7-pointed in the fact that the center is a point in it...Slipknot has nothing to do with it.

They are a no-talent band that has enough members to make music because 3 or 4 of them couldn't make music good enough to put on the radio and sell for money.

They use occult symbols not because they know anything about them, but because it make them look like they do, and that sells cd's to losers who aren't accepted by their peers are human beings due to their lack of interaction--and interaction with other people would be a definite form of practicing their "art".

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
The unicursal hexagram is a symbol of Crowley and his version of Thelema in which the 5-pedal rose is used in the center as a symoblogy of humanity in the center of the twisted nature of matter, and being a striving force to manipulate it.

The form of nature is the star of david which is a symbol of fire and water making a cauldron of synthesis in which matter by the # 6 is the basis.

The star that slipknot used is the star of 9 points though...

This is just the highest level of change without divinity, but I doubt they have any idea what it means...and neither do I.

[edit on 31-7-2008 by buttonpsi]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
If you are talking about an 8-pointed star - you mean two squares, which means a converging of two physical bodies, and the two circles forms the Vesica piscis which in esoteric doctrine is the "Ru" in egypt. The Ru is a symbol for the third eye, and within the two clashing diagrams of "4" meaning earth make a new way of seeing reality in three-dimensional form.

You should maybe focus on the number 7 with the letter gamma and the heiroglyphic "ru" above for meaning

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
A gamma with chi (γχ) is pronounced like the nkh in "ankh"

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Not sure what all this nine pointed star stuff comes from.

Never seen one myself.

8 points hmm could it be something old as man himself?

moroccandesign.com...

[edit on 27-8-2008 by Illahee]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illahee
Not sure what all this nine pointed star stuff comes from.

Never seen one myself.

8 points hmm could it be something old as man himself?

moroccandesign.com...

[edit on 27-8-2008 by Illahee]

....you've never heard of a 9 pointed star ???

Wow.

I think it might be OLDER than man "himself"

...:shk:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

Seen my avatar?

I was kidding don't be a tard.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I also became very Curious about the presence of a nine-pointed star on the album and single after I downloaded the single.

As a religious symbol the nine pointed star is a symbol used by the Baha'i faith (www.bahai.org...) and symbolizes the Unity of world religion. The points on the star represent:

Abraham
Moses
Christ
Zoroaster
Krishna
Buddha
Muhamad
The Bab
Baha'u'llah

I'm sure that the band meant to symbolize the nine members of the band and have no meaning to their use to the symbol other than that.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by buttonpsi
They are a no-talent band that has enough members to make music because 3 or 4 of them couldn't make music good enough to put on the radio and sell for money.

Dude! Slipknot kicks so much a$$ I can't even quantify it.

You're free to your opinion and all, but as far as mine, I am of the opinion that Cory Taylor has more talent for wordsmithing in his pinky finger than most songwriters I can think of off the top of my head.

Not to mention the fact that they have an exceptional knack for coming up with "hooks" -- I can't listen to their music without bobbing my head at least a little.

\m/

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by The Axeman

u were rite the second time, the 9 points symbolize the connection between the 9 members of the band. and the only satanic song ive heard is the heratic anthem. but 2 answer the question, no, the nonagram itself is NOT satanic, but some of their other images may be. hope this helped.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorfinn Skullsplitter

YOUR A FAGGIT

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

you dumb dude the nine points of the star represents the nine members of the band. get your # straight be for you make a fool of your self on a forum

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I like 9 point star. I like 3. I like big 3's. I don't like eight, it uses four which have too much power on structure, but 5 and 3 are good. 2 is not bad either. So for me, it is 2,3,5,6,7,9,12,13 and so very simply on......

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join