It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 pointed star with two circles surrounding it?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I noticed on my friend's Slipknot (ugh) hoody, that it had two circles (like the baphomet symbol), but it had like an 8 pointed star, with two points on each side (top, bottom, left, and right). Anyone know if this actually means anything to any secret societies or religions? Coming from Slipknot, I doubt it does, but it is strange as of why they would put that on there.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Huh???

In English please,...

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Romanakis is speaking of this image

[edit on 16-11-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Wouldn't that be a nine pointed star then? I would imagine it makes a huge difference to the meaning.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
The Nonagram, or nine pointed star, consists of three interlaced Triangles, representing the Trinity of Trinities. It is important in occult philosophy for this reason, similar to the Pentagram (which is elemental, representing the Microcosm) and Hexagram (which is planetary, representing the Macrocosm).

I'm not sure what you meant by two circles on a Baphomet symbol, but the symbol on the album cover posted above in the center of the Nonagram looks like the mathematical symbol for infinity.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Slipknot are too lame for anyone to take seriously in any shape or form...

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The Ninefold Star (Nonagrams)

(Trifold Triple*)
Nine-pointed designs represent the Moon in the Tree of Life, the balanced astral plane where comes inspiration and guidance. The 9 is the final digit, the culmination of numbers and therefore symbolizes completion and eternity. There are many groups of 9 in our mythologies, including the nine muses and the nine Celtic Heros & Adventurers.
* As this specific design is also 3 x 3, we will mention that the "magic of three" is also present - mind, body, spirit, past, present, future, birth, life, death

Three represents the "masculine" energy in the Classical Pythagorian System.

HINDU: 9 X 9 = 81; a square mandala, the universe
CHINESE: Celestial; most auspicious

I got this from [email protected]. I hope it helps

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
While I do believe that at least some of the members of Slipknot are Satanists (I have seen the symbol on the front of the Satanic Bible on some of their merchandise), I believe the star has nine points because there are nine members of the band. Not too much of a stretch there.

Good stuff if you're into metal, though the Satanic aspect bothers me a little...

To each his own, I guess. I still like the music...

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Thanks for the education all, from what I know of the others, the explanations above are sound. Has anyone else noticed how they seem to be rooted in a similar origin/relationship/religion? Pentagram vs. inverted pentagram, similar or opposite? I have my own experiences but would rather hear what people have to say here.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Hey guys, whaddya make of this?

[edit on 11/16/04 by The Axeman]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
i have seen the 8 point used as one variation of the compass rose. the 4
primary directions + the 4 quarter winds. i have seen this with as many
as 32 points but dont remember all the designations.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman
Hey guys, whaddya make of this?

Zodiac on the outer rim?

Got some latin up there...vista, cultum, interi... translator please

Is it a diagram of a process or decoder?

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I think I remember Masonic Light telling me that it was Thelemic, or it had something to do with Aleister Crowley, but I can't remember it's significance.

I got it from this site.

As far as translating, I'm not the dude... Yet.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I think I remember Masonic Light telling me that it was Thelemic, or it had something to do with Aleister Crowley, but I can't remember it's significance.

Yes...the Seven Pointed Star is the Seal of the A.'.A.'., the occult fraternity founded by Aleister Crowley and George Cecil Jones as a continuation of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn.

The odd looking hexagram in the center is called the Unicursal Hexagram, or "Hexagram of the Beast" (because it was invented by Crowley). Ceremonial Magicians draw occult symbols in the air during ritual, using the Elemental Weapons; however, no one had been able to draw a hexagram unicursally, i.e., with one sweep of the wand. Crowley invented this new Hexagram for that purpose.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Thanks ML I knew it was something like that.

Is is just that particular polygram? Can you expand at all on the rest of it? The words around the outside, or some of the other symbols?

Is "A.'.A.'." an abbreviation?

Am I missing something? I don't see a 7 point... I see a 9 point, the three triangles interlaced in the middle, then the interlaced nonagon that corresponds to the points... the one in between the others (nonogons) is drawn unicursally as well...

Thanks in advance...

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Is is just that particular polygram? Can you expand at all on the rest of it? The words around the outside, or some of the other symbols?

Then you said:

I don't see a 7 point... I see a 9 point

You're right...the official Seal of A.'.A.'. is 7 pointed; this one has been altered to 9, but looks very similar. It is not the orthodox A.'.A.'. Seal, but appears to based on it. I have no knowledge of the archaic lettering; on the A.'.A.'. Seal, each point of the Star has a letter to spell out "Babalon", which was Crowley's way of spelling "Babylon" because its numerical value is 418, a significant number on AC's magical system.

Is "A.'.A.'." an abbreviation?

It stands for "Astrum Argentinum", or (loosely) "Order of the Silver Star".

Their website is:

www.outercol.org...

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
slipknot just tries way too hard to be different. well thats my opinion anyway. maybe you should change the subject to 9 not 8 pointed star, thats false avertisment!

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Masonic Light, you should change your name to "Human Encyclopedia". The only secret I want to know is where do you find the time to learn all this stuff?

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by metalmessiah
Masonic Light, you should change your name to "Human Encyclopedia".

LOL! Nice one metal!

Originally posted by metalmessiah
The only secret I want to know is where do you find the time to learn all this stuff?

Masons are masters of symbology, yes? If so, why is that?

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
As has been discussed, its a 9 pointed star, I just wanted to mention that I think alexander the great's family symbol is an 8 pointed star or sun.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join