It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorists

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I agree one hundred percent with this op. It seems the last 10 years things have gotten worse and worse. The terrorism word being thrown around all the time. If a negative atmosphere is created by words and song from our artist and leaders it reflects on the general population. The increased shootings, suicides and such is a product of the negative atmosphere created by our leaders. Where is our patriotism and unity that was once prided on here?

I will not argue on the merits of our wars and their purposes, but the petrodollar would be my number one suspect.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

wise words, my friend....if only you had a national platform to deliver them...

who am i kidding, they'd fall on deaf ears.

i agree with you though.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   

sageturkey
What you are witnessing vxn - Both in your comments and all over ATS for that matter, is the result of a very aggressive 'divide and conquer' strategy against we the people. I could elaborate, siting the two-party charade, Trayvon, etc... but it would only incite further division.
The most poignant reply of all IMO?

randyvs
And be prepared as your own gov. is likely to label you,
" A terrorist ".

I couldn't agree more.

Back in the Bush days it was cool calling liberals terrorists and terrorist sympathizers. It wasn't any less concerning then. And I suppose a lot of what we see now is a version of tit for tat stretched out over more than a decade.

I'm tired of it. A lot of people have lost perspective in this country.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   

buster2010

They want you dead because you're American.

Yeah right. So our invading their country for no reason because they never attacked America has nothing to do with them wanting Americans dead. America is murdering people that never did anything to America. And they are the ones that don't value life. The Bush propaganda doesn't work anymore.

you're partially correct....

they wanted us dead before we were directly fragging them by the handful...because we were meddling in their affairs....manipulating economies, sanctions, funding their enemies, etc....

not to mention, we're not muslims....our women work, and are allowed to wear pants, and walk about with their hair and faces uncovered, and gay people are allowed to live, and a whole list of things you might find silly, but they take dead serious...

they STILL have a bug up their ass about israel.....can't say i completely blame them for being pissed about that...but i digress...

they're mad at us now, because of afghanistan, iraq, syria, etc...but that's just the latest reasons....
edit on 21-10-2013 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

buster2010

projectvxn
reply to post by buster2010

I think you missed the point of this thread entirely.
edit on pSun, 20 Oct 2013 11:59:39 -0500201320America/Chicago2013-10-20T11:59:39-05:0031vx10 by projectvxn because: Edited so as to not derail the point of this thread...Which is very clear.

You mean you spewing propaganda? Didn't miss that one bit.

lol you missed the point of him pointing out that you missed the point....you're on a roll, son...

his point was that the word "terrorist" is being bandied about as if it were something innocuous, like....oh i dunno,"toast"

the word is being used inappropriately, to facilitate disgusting political propaganda, by people who have probably never spent a day in a theater of conflict, and just get paid to vomit newer and better ways to manipulate the people...

you entirely missed the point, congrats..

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

intrptr
reply to post by GNOarmy

Let me "dumb" it down a bit. The OP is simply stating that calling people terrorists, is absolutely disgusting in that they are comparing the animals, like the Boston bombing suspects to American politicians. I know some believe they are one in the same, but this is a conspiracy website.

Yes, its terrible isn't it? As far as conspiracies go look up police state, government spying and violation of American civil rights. Ordinary Americans are becoming the terrorists over here.

The Military Industrial Complex, Big Brother Government and Industrial Banking are the ones that saddled Americans with all that debt. A lot of that was to fight wars like the OP is participating in. Thats really terrifying. Those are the real terrorists.

Not some goat herders armed with pop guns and bottle rockets hiding in caves.

lol....while the things you listed are, indeed, cause for concern, i don't fear them.... when i'm down to my last mag, and half the guys i flew in with are dead, i'm scared of the "goat herders with pop guns"

i don't usually come out and say this sort of thing, but you're an idiot, and you have no idea what you're talking about...get a clue, then feel free to come back to the conversation..

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Scorchio
reply to post by plube

This.

Americans need to realise that they are the Zionist enforcers and bully boys of the world. If the Zionists that rule your country and mine want something done, they'll order their puppets in government, who will then send the troops in based on some lie. And then the government can borrow a ton of money from a Zionist bank to pay for it. And to compound matters, we taxpayers can pay off this loan and inflated interest just so we can give the Zionists what they want.

What mugs we are.

lol, first world problems....

jesus christ, when's the last time a "zionist" walked into a marketplace wearing a bomb, and blew himself up? when's the last time a "zionist" shot up a place full of people?

can we have less "zomg jews r t3h evul", and more discussion about the bloody topic of the thread?

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   

intrptr

I don't know why you think any of that name calling over here had anything to do with your mission in Afghanistan, those are two completely different subjects. Occupation of a foreign country and the national debt are as far apart as the two countries are geographically.

My mission puts me in direct contact with the effects of real terrorism and terrorists.

It was meant to put some things in perspective for those who like to throw the word 'terrorist' around like it's nothing.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Far as i can see , the whole #mess,can be laid at the feet
of greedy psychopaths like Dick Chaney, and the Bush family.
Truth to tell, i believe the USA to be run by corporate decisions and not the government.
JFK was killed as part of a coup and the US government has not existed as a representative body since that time.....

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   

It was meant to put some things in perspective for those who like to throw the word 'terrorist' around like it's nothing.

I know. Who cares? The media sponsors that crap all_day_long. You think you are tired of it?

Stay focused.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

when i'm down to my last mag, and half the guys i flew in with are dead, i'm scared of the "goat herders with pop guns"

You should be. After all, you're in their country.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

lol zionists dont walk in...they use drones ..and heavily bank rolled militia...they fund armies...they use the banks wealth to fund take overs and walk into the US on false flag ops...911 oklahoma...strikes on American vessels....co ordinated assaults on pearl harbour....assassinations of presidents....are they any less terrorists.

this is not about Jews....it is about the rothschilds backed zionist political movement....is it not time to call a spade a spade.

Should we not take our heads out of the sands of the middle east and follow the money, you will then find out who the real terrorists are....they slaughter by the thousands...not by 20 here...and 40 there.....you can live in fear of terrorists....while snuggling up to the slaughterers.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Most of the fighters aren't even Afghans.

They are foreign fighters from the Caucasus, Pakistan, Iran, Syria, and Africa.

The Taliban, who are still here, make up the indigenous fighting force in the country. They have no control, or very little over the foreign elements that operate here.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   

BenReclused

You mean you spewing propaganda? Didn't miss that one bit.

Yeah... I didn't miss your bit of propaganda either:

So our invading their country for no reason because they never attacked America has nothing to do with them wanting Americans dead. America is murdering people that never did anything to America. And they are the ones that don't value life. The Bush propaganda doesn't work anymore.

See ya,
Milt

When did they attack America? When did congress make a declaration of war? Keep looking for that history course kid.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   

dlbott

projectvxn

I think you missed the point of this thread entirely.
edit on pSun, 20 Oct 2013 11:59:39 -0500201320America/Chicago2013-10-20T11:59:39-05:0031vx10 by projectvxn because: Edited so as to not derail the point of this thread...Which is very clear.

He is Iranian so he gets it lol...

I stand corrected, you are right. Thanks for putting things back in perspective for us.

One veteran to another, I thank you for your service.

So you seen any ufo's or weird phenomenon over there. Heard there are some places have some strange history over there.

The Bot

I'm American. And you should be thanking him for his service to big pharma because that is who he is fighting for not America.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   

First of all, thank you for your service.

Second, it is frightening to see Americans calling one another terrorists. Our country is becoming more divided than ever before. Racially and politically. I see it being encouraged on the nightly news, or online forums such as this.

If we succumb to such divisions, we will never be able to unite. United we stand, divided we fall.

Our country is definitely going through the birth pangs of change. Will it be for the good, or the bad?

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   

stirling
Far as i can see , the whole #mess,can be laid at the feet
of greedy psychopaths like Dick Chaney, and the Bush family.
Truth to tell, i believe the USA to be run by corporate decisions and not the government.
JFK was killed as part of a coup and the US government has not existed as a representative body since that time.....

That's the thing. We have to stop blaming the dems, the repubs, the tea party, the libertarians, the constitutionalists, the independents. We have to all unite on some common ground. Things are going to get really bad for everyone if we don't. Evil has taken over our country, it's not just dems, it's not just repubs either. It is BOTH. We are in unstable and scary times. People are going to start feeling like they have nothing to lose.

When or if DHS rolls those tanks out for everyone, will you be helping your neighbor who happens to be a dem or a repub, or will you turn your backs on one another and let everyone get destroyed?

They want us to fight. They = those in charge, whoever they are. If we fight, if we hate each other, then we are powerless.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   

The problem I see as I see it in regards to your post is that the majority of ATS members have been raised with a western world view, education and values. Just like many in Afghanistan know nothing other than how they were raised and educated.

Most, people in that neck of the world, both the indigents and those deployed have a hard time separating the two. This is actually common and has led to centuries of warfare between the two cultures.

What the MSM and progressive movement is doing is just taking a page out of the Bush era playbook and applying it at home. Label some one a extremist often enough and people will start to believe it. Just like Goebbels said they would.
edit on 21-10-2013 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
What's the definition of terrorism?

Merriam-Webster defines it as;

ter·ror·ism noun \ˈter-ər-ˌi-zəm\ : the use of violent acts to frighten the people in an area as a way of trying to achieve a political goal

What are violent acts?
Bombings? Sure.
Kidnapping? Yes.
Flying planes into building? Yep.
Shooting people? Uh-huh.

What are other acts?
Witholding money?
Barricading public areas?
Threats to defund projects?

If the act itself, frightens people as a way to achieve a political goal, then the definition of terrorism can and does encapsulate a large number of people.

So the next time a politician or even a regular person uses fear as a motivator to drive a political goal, then they could be called a terrorist.

Just some random morning thoughts.

Cheers.

beez

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter.

You are in another country without invitation, surely our enemy cant be called terrorists? Perhaps if they were on US soil or involved in atrocities in your country.

The British armed forces were in N Ireland to protect the British there, so the IRA attacking the service men and women (and innocent civs) in NI were terrorists. We didnt go into Dublin.

Similar to the posters from the UK, if you really were arrested, then you are as thick as mince posting on here again, if you dont like the UK gov, vote for the other party, if you dont like the laws, vote for the other party. I have only ever been arrseted for breaking the law - you are both talking rubbish if you claim to have been lifted innocently (assume posting abuse on websites) and yet you are posting on ATS - some people never learn (or just lie like internet warriors).

edit on 21-10-2013 by IamSirDrinksalot because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join