It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama adviser ‘architect’ of showdown: author

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
It seems that Valerie Jarrett -- dubbed "The Night Stalker" is the architect of the shutdown.

I wonder how many people suffered during the shut-down, I mean what was the human cost and the financial cost?

Holding the nation to ransom for a Fairy Story that had nightmare potential.

Talk about psycho operations , this has to be up there with the best , shall we call it 912?

President Obama’s top adviser Valerie Jarrett was behind a plan to force a showdown with Republicans over ObamaCare as part of a strategy to regain Democratic control of the House next year, claims author Ed Klein.

It was Jarrett who advised Obama that voters would mostly blame Republicans if the federal government ground to a halt, providing a golden opportunity to swing back control of the House to Democrats in the 2014 mid-term elections, according to Klein.

Klein said Jarrett is the conscience of the administration, “the keeper of the flame” who reminds Obama why he wanted to become president.

Keeper of the flame ehhh ? I thought that belonged to the "Statue of Liberty" , ohhh well she was roped off as well during the shutdown , so maybe it's Valerie's job now.

nypost.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinkorchid

Actually there wasn't much of any toll.
It was pretty much a sham, only about 17% of the Govt. Actually shut down. Everyone still got paid.
It was a complete farce.

It was fear mongering to get what both sides wanted, there is now, no longer a debt ceiling. The Govt can spend all the money they want now.

And 912? Seriously?
edit on 20-10-2013 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I think there are figures behind and around Obama that are well worth a few minutes to look into and learn about for the biographies, history and background before coming to serve in the White House. Every president has some like that...but I think most Presidents have the strength to remain in total control over their own inner circle.

I don't believe that's always the case right now ..and among those most interesting to learn a bit about? You hit the jackpot, first shot.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I'm wondering how many posts before the author, Ed Klein, and the NY Post are called 'discredited', and 'tabloid', respectively.

2nd

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

So this is not true:-

Government shutdown has cost US economy $1.5bn a day, S&P says,Ratings agency says impasse has shaved 0.6% off US GDP in the fourth quarter – equivalent to taking $24bn from the economy

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by BobM88

It seems that the list of discredited sources is growing , one wonders if one day we will only be left with one source that is acceptable, seeing as it seems that there is no faith in peoples ability to discern the truth at all on their own anymore.
edit on 20-10-2013 by Pinkorchid because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
So Obama FORCED the Republicans to declare that they were going to shutdown the government if Obama doesn't repeal the ACA???

I finally just had to make a meme.

i.imgur.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
If this Valerie Jarrett was the architect of the shutdown for Obama then why is Ted Cruz threatening another shutdown? Is Obama behind this also?

T ed Cruz faults his party for agreeing to 'lousy' deal to reopen the government

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I do not sit in the left/right paradigm and I am not an American , so I do not hold the illusion that is American politics as the all seeing eye of knowledge or righteousness.

I do not blindly follow an ideology down any path that creates pain and unhappiness for others , wether they be Democrats , Republicans or little green men from the planet Zion.

I see the fallout created by those parties and offer my opinion on their actions, if I see the result of their actions harming others for their self interest with out regard for the consequences.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Pinkorchid
It seems that Valerie Jarrett -- dubbed "The Night Stalker" is the architect of the shutdown.

I wonder how many people suffered during the shut-down, I mean what was the human cost and the financial cost?

Holding the nation to ransom for a Fairy Story that had nightmare potential.

Talk about psycho operations , this has to be up there with the best , shall we call it 912?

President Obama’s top adviser Valerie Jarrett was behind a plan to force a showdown with Republicans over ObamaCare as part of a strategy to regain Democratic control of the House next year, claims author Ed Klein.

It was Jarrett who advised Obama that voters would mostly blame Republicans if the federal government ground to a halt, providing a golden opportunity to swing back control of the House to Democrats in the 2014 mid-term elections, according to Klein.

Klein said Jarrett is the conscience of the administration, “the keeper of the flame” who reminds Obama why he wanted to become president.

Keeper of the flame ehhh ? I thought that belonged to the "Statue of Liberty" , ohhh well she was roped off as well during the shutdown , so maybe it's Valerie's job now.

nypost.com...

Nonsense. This shutdown was orchestrated by the people that control both parties. Well executed political theater. You all need to abandon the left right paradigm.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by supremecommander

Read above post .

If it had been about the other party I would have posted that as well.

It is you who are hooked on the fact that she happens to belong to one particular party and because I mentioned it and it does no show them in a particularly good light , there is objection to the information.

new topics

top topics

join