It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mason Compass Symbol Baphomet Symbol When Turned Upside Down?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

VeritasAequitas
However, to end this little debacle, what do the compass and square mean to you?

Exactly what I posted. I do not ascribe a deeper meaning to them.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

They were explanations, not opinions, but yes continue twisting that inconvenient fact.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Exactly what I posted. I do not ascribe a deeper meaning to them.

Some mason you are then; do you ascribe a deeper meaning to anything in Freemasonry at that point, or is it just a nice little social club to you?

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

VeritasAequitas
They were explanations, not opinions, but yes continue twisting that inconvenient fact.

Personal explanations. Again, post a ritual cipher if you have one.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Again, post a ritual cipher if you have one.

No...I don't think I will. It's pretty evident you would argue with a brick outhouse at this point.

Personal explanations.

An explanation is a set of statements constructed to describe a set of facts which clarifies the causes, context, and consequences of those facts.

You are still wrong. Facts are the exact opposite of an opinion.
edit on 20-10-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

VeritasAequitas
Some mason you are then...

Let me get this straight. Because I choose not to adopt the same line of thinking as you and others that somehow makes me less of a Mason? I am so glad that you are not in my Fraternity.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

VeritasAequitas
No...I don't think I will. It's pretty evident you would argue with a brick outhouse at this point.

There would be nothing to argue with if you did. I would acquiesce and loudly proclaim that you are the all knowing Maharaja of Masonry.

Please, post one.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Let me get this straight. Because I choose not to adopt the same line of thinking as you and others that somehow makes me less of a Mason? I am so glad that you are not in my Fraternity.

Not at all; I was referring to your blatant lack of regard for finding a deeper meaning to Freemasonry..That makes it pretty dogmatic in my book. Similar to a Christian pastor telling you his 'interpretation' of a bible passage, and accepting it without looking for your own meaning...That is dogmatism...

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

This Right Here

I think I've made my point...Your entire argument about their 'interpretations' is highly invalid.. Not to mention ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

VeritasAequitas
Not at all; I was referring to your blatant lack of regard for finding a deeper meaning to Freemasonry..That makes it pretty dogmatic in my book.

Again, if I choose to have that view on the symbols how does that make my opinion any less valid than those that you quoted or make me less of a Mason? The option to find deeper meaning in the symbols is optional. If someone feels the initial explanation of them in the ritual is concise enough and makes a deep enough impact why do they need to go digging any deeper to find what you think is the 'true' or 'hidden' meaning?

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

VeritasAequitas

I think I've made my point...Your entire argument about their 'interpretations' is highly invalid..

Perhaps another random example from ritual may be useful - the explanation of the Skirret:

"The Skirret points out that straight and undeviating line of conduct laid down for our pursuit in the volume of Sacred Law.

That's it - nothing else is said about it in the ritual, and it's meaning is clear.

However, what each individual considers to be the Volume of Sacred Law, how he interprets that Volume of Sacred Law, and how he pursues it, is the interpretation left to the individual Mason.

edit on 20/10/2013 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

VeritasAequitas
I think I've made my point...Your entire argument about their 'interpretations' is highly invalid.. Not to mention ridiculous.

And I made mine. What I said: taught in the ritual. What you said: not taught in the ritual.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Which leads me back to the question you so doggedly avoided : Do you look for any deeper meaning to Freemasonry or is it just a nice social club to you? If you answered the latter, then my statement stands.. I would further argue on the grounds of the latter, that is precisely what is wrong with Freemasonry today... Too many see it as a nice little social club, rather than the continuation of an age-old initiation of mysteries.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

VeritasAequitas
Which leads me back to the question you so doggedly avoided : Do you look for any deeper meaning to Freemasonry or is it just a nice social club to you?

In some places yes and in some places no.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Well, here is my last comment...Despite your asinine views that I must be a mason to have an opinion or any knowledge at all of Masonry, it is simply not true and is folly to think so. Much can be gleaned from these explanations that I littered this thread with...Simply because you don't choose to glimpse past the curtain, doesn't mean nothing is there. However, thank you for wasting my time with pointless and irrelevant arguments not to mention enforcing the obvious dogmatism that exists in aspects of freemasonry...You were quite forceful with your 'one and only' explanation of these symbols...

As I inquired before, is it not possible that these are both correct? Which in the case that they are, makes this entire argument pointless and stupid...

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

VeritasAequitas
Well, here is my last comment...

I seriously doubt that.

Despite your asinine views that I must be a mason to have an opinion or any knowledge at all of Masonry...

It was not about having an opinion, it was about stating that opinion as fact. It is quite obvious that a non-Mason can post relevant facts about Masonry as muzzleflash demonstrated when he cited the ritual.

As I inquired before, is it not possible that these are both correct?

As I explained before you can say it means Lime Jell-O to you and I would not care. If you start saying it only means Lime Jell-O and do not preface that this is your personal interpretation than you have a problem. You did this with both the letter 'G' and the Square and Compasses.

edit on 20-10-2013 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

edit on 20-10-2013 by AugustusMasonicus because: delete

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Actually as far as the letter G goes, you Masons have stated multiple times on this board that it doesn't necessarily represent God, it represents Geometry...Which is exactly what a compass and square makes ; geometric symbols...

Okay this is the last reply, since you somehow tried to create strawman argument against me. It is only your assumptions that my quotes were to be construed as 'one and only' explanations. I never stated them as such. You are the one however, that stated so matter of factly that they couldn't or didn't mean what I posted. That was the issue.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

LOL

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

VeritasAequitas

Dude...I'm getting irritated with your almost feigned ignorance...

Interpretation is synonymous with explanation, and I just posted the definition of it.

Interpretation and explanation are not interchangeable in the manner that true synonyms are. An explanation can be factual. An interpretation may be correct. But it can just as easily be incorrect. And being the product of one individual's worldview, it can not be universal ergo not factual.

Fitz

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join