It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mason Compass Symbol Baphomet Symbol When Turned Upside Down?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

Now? Why yes of course, I believe in a Supreme Being; however I believe my idea of such is quite unique to me.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   

VeritasAequitas
I will do better to not reveal that I know so much...

You are missing the point. There is a lot about masonry that you "think" you know, but you DO NOT.
Until you can accept that you will have to learn new things, and learn them in the way they are taught, you aren't ready and if that's the case, I hope the investigating committee finds that.

A sponge can pick up a large amount of water and hold it. But if it's full of crap that just got mopped up off the floor, it's already full of something, and cannot hold anything else. Be the empty sponge, or be full of crap.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

network dude
You are missing the point. There is a lot about masonry that you "think" you know, but you DO NOT.

Personally I think he is going to be very disappointed if he gets in since he will find that a good deal of what he is posting here is not in or mentioned in the Degrees.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

I think what is taught, If learned, will greatly help him in life. I just hope he comprehends that the lessons that are important have very little to do with ancient secrets or Esoteric meanings, and everything to do with how you use your knowledge to traverse your daily routine.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I can see it. But I wouldn't necessarily say it was intentional.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Expectations aside, I would love to be a Mason, so that I can experience, not theorize, about the Craft, and gain a first-hand idea of what everything is really about. If I believe nothing else, I believe it can do nothing but help me a better person overall, and that's all I'm asking for from it; no illusions of grandeur.

Maybe you missed this... By no means will I be 'disappointed'... I only wish to be able to experience the craft, rather than theorize about it like you reprimand me for doing...

Although, I don't think I left this quote with you guys originally in the discussion.

“There is one sign which has never changed its meaning anywhere in the civilized world—the Compass and the Square. A sign of the union of the body and soul.”
—Deman Wagstaff, Wagstaff’s Standard Masonry (1922)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

VeritasAequitas
Maybe you missed this... By no means will I be 'disappointed'... I only wish to be able to experience the craft, rather than theorize about it like you reprimand me for doing...

Although, I don't think I left this quote with you guys originally in the discussion.

If you push your opinion (or other's) on the symbolism as being correct you will be a bit more than disappointed.

Take network's advice.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

The problem is AM, I believe symbols are open to interpretation. While you may think I am 'pushing' my interpretation, I'm not. I'm merely trying to assert that it is an equal belief, and that we are both correct, and both wrong to assert, that they don't mean what the other one says it does.

I can accept and agree, that within the context of standard Masonry, and it's rites, that the interpretation asserted here by yourself for the meaning of the compass and square, is correct in it's own regard...

However, I do not agree with your constant denial that the association of the compass and square as I and others within masonry have asserted, has an equal footing or interpretation within Masonry.

Perhaps you have misunderstood my stance on the debate, and that I'm asserting the dualistic interpretation of the compass and square, as being the only 'true' interpretation. That's not my stance or belief at all. I merely believe it to be an equally valid interpretation of the symbols in conjunction with what the standard rites of Masonry explains..
edit on 28-12-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

VeritasAequitas
The problem is AM, I believe symbols are open to interpretation.

I have never said they are not, I did however say, and others reiterated, that symbol's meanings are explained in the degrees, if you choose to make further interpretation that is your prerogative.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Please read my full post; I discussed and touched on that point.

While you may think I am 'pushing' my interpretation, I'm not. I'm merely trying to assert that it is an equal belief, and that we are both correct, and both wrong to assert, that they don't mean what the other one says it does.

I can accept and agree, that within the context of standard Masonry, and it's rites, that the interpretation asserted here by yourself for the meaning of the compass and square, is correct in it's own regard...

Perhaps you have misunderstood my stance on the debate, and that I'm asserting the dualistic interpretation of the compass and square, as being the only 'true' interpretation. That's not my stance or belief at all. I merely believe it to be an equally valid interpretation of the symbols in conjunction with what the standard rites of Masonry explains..

edit on 28-12-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

VeritasAequitas

The explanation is the explanation, it is not 'correct in its own regard'. If you want to provide further personal interpretation then preface it with 'in my opinion it can also mean' or 'to me it also means'.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Fair enough, good sir..

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
It's kinda weird because I actually can see the resemblance between that compass and the head of Baphomet. It's not really much of a stretch at all. But then again, I don't just assume that makes it nefarious or Satanic or anything. I don't think that at all. I am intrigued by the resemblance though.
edit on 30-12-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I can see it if i squint real hard with one eye closed.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
It's kinda weird because I actually can see the resemblance between that compass and the head of Baphomet. It's not really much of a stretch at all. But then again, I don't just assume that makes it nefarious or Satanic or anything. I don't think that at all. I am intrigued by the resemblance though.
edit on 30-12-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

You can spend your whole life chasing shadows. The truth is that unless you let go of all superstition you will never find the truth. Heres a nice explanation of the Baphomet.

in the staff of Moses. On the right appears Baphomet, which is a word that has to be read backwards “Tem-o-h-p-ab”. It means in Latin templi omnium hominum pacis abbas, "Peace of the Father to all men in the temple."

Read the whole article here: gnosticteachings.org...

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Magitera
which is a word that has to be read backwards “Tem-o-h-p-ab”. It means in Latin templi omnium hominum pacis abbas, "Peace of the Father to all men in the temple."

Tempest bebende... da mihi sis cerevisiam dilutam.

edit on 31/12/2013 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Well hello there good sir... I believe I have found a rebuttal to your notion that I am wrong about your symbols...

This was written by Albert Pike; but feel free to dig up the actual source (which book)...

“It is in its antique symbols and their occult meaning that the true secrets of Freemasonry consist. But these have no value if we see nothing in the symbols of the blue lodge beyond the imbecile pretenses of interpretations of them contained in our monitors. People have overlooked the truth that the symbols of antiquity were not used to reveal but to conceal. Each symbol is an enigma to be solved, and not a lesson to be read. How can the intelligent Mason fail to see that the blue degrees are but preparatory, to enlist and band together the rank and file Masonic army for purposes undisclosed to them, that they are the lesser mysteries in which the symbols are used to conceal the truth?

Crucial key points are underlined and bolded... Not only did I source Pike on my statements about the meaning of the symbols, he also states that their meaning far exceeds any beginner explanation given in your 'monitors'...
edit on 7-10-2014 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: VeritasAequitas
Well hello there good sir... I believe I have found a rebuttal to your notion that I am wrong about your symbols...
This was written by Albert Pike; but feel free to dig up the actual source (which book)...

Pike's opinion is only relevant to him. You are making the same mistake many other people do when posting in this forum; that of adding extra weight to Albert Pike when he was completely irrelevant to half of the country and more than half of the Masonic membership even when he was alive.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Then why was he charged with cleaning up the rites and manuals? I think you just don't like what he has to say and many writers who happen to disagree with him today do so because the take a more basic approach

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: VeritasAequitas

How about a direct rebuttal to his quote?

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join