It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mason Compass Symbol Baphomet Symbol When Turned Upside Down?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Does the Masonic compass above with the G look like a Baphomet Symbol turned upside down and the head of it the formation of a pyramid and the G in position as the pineal gland?

So could it be backwards or both ways? HMMMM INTERESTING..
edit on 20-10-2013 by 2WitnessesArrived because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by 2WitnessesArrived

Uh... no?
The Mason symbol

Baphomet

Masonic sigil is a 6 point star, of sorts, ala the Star of David. Baphomet is a pentagram or 5 sided star. ZERO RELATION.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Yeah but if you put the 5 points together and not include the top peak point which I believe to represents pyramid it kinda does to me. But ok, thanks for answering.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   

A bit of a stretch, but I thought I would at least demonstrate the picture for you.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by soulpowertothendegree

Thanks appreciate you taking the time to do that.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   

So you're manipulating the symbol to make your argument?

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

Just stating what it believes to look like to me, but then again I could be wrong.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

Really though, this made me laugh so much...I doubt anybody who comes here with these kinds of theories have ever actually picked up a book by an actual mason, and read it within context. Show of hands? Beuller?

“Everywhere among the ancients the number three was deemed the most sacred of numbers…In all the mysteries, from Egypt to Scandinavia, we find a sacred regard for the number three…” It was…a general character of the mysteries to have three principal officers and three grades of initiation. In Freemasonry, the ternary is the most sacred of all the mystical numbers.” ―Albert Mackey, Secretary General of the Supreme Council of the Ancient and Accepted Rite for the Southern Jurisdiction of the United States, Encyclopedia of Freemasonry, 1879

“The number 3 is very important in Masonry and the occult…Thus we have three degrees, three great lights, three lesser lights, three principle officers, three assistant officers, three sets of three working tools, three steps… three who rule a lodge, three Grand Masters, and three orders of architecture.” ―John T. Lawrence in Perfect Ashalar and Other Masonic Symbols, 1912

“Jachin—the white pillar of light…Boaz—the shadowy pillar of darkness… the active and the passive…the sun and the moon.” —Manly Hall, The Secret Teachings of All Ages

“The unity of opposites was first suggested by Heraclitus (ca. 535–475 BC) a pre-Socratic Greek philosopher.” ―Wikipedia

“In ancient times men fought with their right arms and defended the vital centers with their left arms…The right half of the body was regarded…as offensive and the left half defensive…the right side of the body was considered masculine and the left side feminine.” —Manly Hall, The Secret Teachings of All Ages

“The axis, which divides the world into two halves, one radiant and the other dark, also cuts through the human body and divides it between the empire of light and darkness.” —Robert Hertz, The Pre-eminence of the Right Hand, 1909

“As is the case in many ancient and modern cultures, the right side was deemed to be more auspicious than the left…The texts speak of the king’s powerful right hand; the right ear is associated with hearing and wisdom; and the right eye is the more important, with the right eye of the god of the heavens being the sun and the moon the left…During the Old Kingdom, the male figure often stands or sits to the right of the female…” ―Richard Wilkinson, Symbol & Magic in Egyptian Art

“…only by the reconciliation of opposing forces is the Pathway made to true occult knowledge and practical power…” —Israel Regardie

For then the two become one and the circle has become squared..

“By the mere fact of being in this dualistic world every living being, whether a Mason or not, walks upon the square pavement of mingled good and evil in every action of his life…he who aspires to be master of his fate and captain of his soul must walk upon these opposites in the sense of transcending and dominating them… He must become able to rise above the motley of good and evil, to be superior and indifferent to the ups and downs of fortune, the attractions and fears governing ordinary men and swaying their thoughts and actions this way or that. His object is the development of his innate spiritual potencies, and it is impossible that these should develop so long as he is over-ruled by his material tendencies and the fluctuating emotions of pleasure and pain that they give birth to.” ―W.L. Wilmshurst, The Meaning of Masonry

“Unfortunately our Western mind, lacking all culture in this respect, has never yet devised a concept, nor even a name, for the union of opposites through the middle path, that most fundamental item of inward experience…” —Carl Jung, Anima and Animus

Now, what does any of this have to do with the compass and square some of you might ask? I'll show you..

When asked what the compass and square represent, most masons will say that they are both architect's tools used to teach symbolic lessons. Like what kind of lessons? When used properly a compass will draw a perfect circle. Likewise, a square will draw; you guessed it, a perfect square. What do these geometric symbols represent? Notice the word geometric there? The G in Freemasonry does not stand for God, it stands for Geometry, the foundation of the world...

Since antiquity, the square symbol has represented the physical, and mortal body, while the circle represented the infinite and immortal soul. However, the symbolism of the two overlapping is quite different. Once you create the geometric squared circle of Euclid's 47th problem, you will have the union of opposites, the two becoming one, and the god above, reuniting with the animal below. This is the true goal of any real mason who holds the craft close to his heart.
edit on 20-10-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-10-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Ok folks, I will reveal something "EnLIGHTening" for you all.

The symbol of the Square is the Square of LIGHT C^2 (Chi X)

The Compass symbolizes the Circle, which is Rotation of Mass (Rho P)

Therefore Square and Compass =
Squaring the Circle
Chi Rho (RX - XP)
MC^2

The "G" stands for many many words, including Geometry, God, and Generative.
Also it is the "E" in the "MC^2" Equation.

Einstein said it best "Reading the Mind of God".
Math = God's Language
edit on 20-10-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
My wife says if she closes her eyes during love making she can picture me as Brad Pitt, doesn't make me Brad though /sigh

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   

2WitnessesArrived

Yeah but if you put the 5 points together and not include the top peak point which I believe to represents pyramid it kinda does to me. But ok, thanks for answering.

If you take a Christian cross and remove the top rectangle from it, it forms a T. That can either be a manipulatory coincidence or it might mean that Mr. T is the second coming of Christ. I think sometimes we want to believe something so badly that we go to great trouble to force things into whatever form we're trying to see. That seems to be the case here.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Square and Compass Is :

Atomic Principles in plain sight :

Chi Rho = MC^2

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
When fire hits the room, there is definitely a fire. Notice the flames burning evidence.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   

"The square, to square our actions; The compasses, to circumscribe and keep us within bounds with all mankind".[1] However, as Freemasonry is non-dogmatic, there is no general interpretation for these symbols (or any Masonic symbol) that is used by Freemasonry as a whole.[2]

^ Gilkes, Peter (July 2004). "Masonic ritual: Spoilt for choice". Masonic Quarterly Magazine (10). Retrieved 2007-05-07.

In English speaking jurisdictions the Square and Compasses are often depicted with the letter "G" in the center. The letter is interpreted to represent different words jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Among the most widely accepted interpretations are that: [G] stands for God, and is to remind Masons that God is at the center of Freemasonry. In this context it can also stand for Great Architect of the Universe (a reference to God). In a different context, the letter stands for Geometry, described as being the "noblest of sciences", and "the basis upon which the superstructure of Freemasonry is erected."[3]

G = God = Everything = E

Square = X = Two Rays of Light Squared (Cartesian Coordinates Graph)
Compass = 0 = Rho Circle = Mass Spinning

It's all E=MC^2 to me folks!

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Re-read my post, you may find it interesting.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Incidentally, the Christian cross means the same thing as the compass and square ; the union of opposites, which is symbolic of the message of Jesus on how to reach heaven..

(106) Jesus said, "When you make the two one, you will become the sons of man, and when you say, 'Mountain, move away,' it will move away."

Taken from the Gospel of Thomas.

To reinforce my last post as well..

“There is one sign which has never changed its meaning anywhere in the civilized world—the Compass and the Square. A sign of the union of the body and soul.”
—Deman Wagstaff, Wagstaff’s Standard Masonry (1922)

“The Compass, as the Symbol of the Heavens, represents the spiritual portion of this double nature of Humanity…and the Square, as the Symbol of the Earth, its material, sensual, and baser portion.” —Albert Pike, Morals & Dogma

Ancient mysticism considered and named those souls incarnated on earth as “the dead.” “To die” was to incarnate; “death” was…the “tomb” of the flesh.” —Alvin Kuhn, mid 1900s

What's that in the Bible about the dead will walk again?

Isaiah 26: 19-20
But your dead will live;
their bodies will rise
You who dwell in the dust
wake up and shout for joy
Your dew is like the dew of the morning;
the earth will give birth to her dead
Go, my people, enter your rooms
and shut the doors behind you;
hide yourselves for a little while
until his wrath has passed by.

The sea gave up its dead. Death and hell gave up their dead. People were judged based on what they had done. - Revelations 20:13

Funny that one ain't it. What year is this? 2013...

biblehub.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I'd like to be the first to point at that most of these replies make an extremely limited amount of sense

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   

burdman30ott6

Masonic sigil is a 6 point star, of sorts, ala the Star of David. Baphomet is a pentagram or 5 sided star. ZERO RELATION.

Baphomet is actually Bahamut the "Godhead" representing the Abyss.

The "Goat" symbolism is a corruption of Banebdjedet the Ram of Mendes Egypt.

This is actually Amun-Amen, meaning roughly 'to be', 'hidden', and 'truth'.

Also note that Amun/Amen's symbol is the

the ram-headed Sphinx (Criosphinx)

Ram headed Sphinx with the riddle.

From the Bronze Age, the Hellenes had trade and cultural contacts with Egypt. Before the time that Alexander the Great occupied Egypt, the Greek name, sphinx, was already applied to these statues. The historians and geographers of Greece wrote extensively about Egyptian culture. Heredotus called the ram-headed sphinxes Criosphinxes and called the hawk-headed ones Hieracosphinxes.

Crio = Ram

This is Crius the Greek Titan.

Crius, Kreios or Krios (Ancient Greek: Κρεῖος,[1] Κριός)

When the war was lost, Crius was banished along with the others to the lower level of Hades called Tartarus. From his chthonic position in the Underworld, no classical association with Aries, the "Ram" of the zodiac, is ordinarily made.[citation needed]

Aries is the first visible constellation in the sky at the spring season, marking the start of the new year in the ancient Greek calendar. This fact may have implied that Crius was the Titan of constellations, measuring the duration of the year while his brother Hyperion measures the days and months.

No association ordinarily made? Citation please, haha, because guess what?

CRIOS = ARIES the Ram of God! FACT!
Christ the Lamb!!

Crius + Hyperion = JANUS two faced Gateway God of Abyss.
Prometheus and Epimetheus, foresight and hindsight.
The Rising and the Sitting One.

Know this is the hidden truth of Ēostre / Easter the East Star of Passover.
The "Blood of the Springing Ram" = Aries
(Aries means to Spring, Jump, Arise)

Rising Ram = Jesus Resurrection

Easter is linked to the Jewish Passover by much of its symbolism, as well as by its position in the calendar.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   

VeritasAequitas
reply to post by muzzleflash

Re-read my post, you may find it interesting.

You added all that stuff after I replied to you.
It's all fine and dandy and interesting and all, but I was adding new creative insights that you won't find anywhere else, and combining information from elsewhere to reveal insights into the whole equation.

You said Geometry does NOT Equal God?
Decisively incorrect.

God is defined in our language as meaning "All" aka "PAN".

It's figurative, therefore it's easily discerned that Geometry = Language or Law of God (All that Is)

FreeMason = Free + Mason = One Who Builds Freely
Great Lodge of G = Your Body the Temple of God

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   

VeritasAequitas

Incidentally, the Christian cross means the same thing as the compass and square ; the union of opposites, which is symbolic of the message of Jesus on how to reach heaven..

(106) Jesus said, "When you make the two one, you will become the sons of man, and when you say, 'Mountain, move away,' it will move away."

But yet 5 minutes ago you said:

The G in Freemasonry does not stand for God, it stands for Geometry, the foundation of the world...

Yet here you are equating it now to the Cross of Jesus?
This is illogical.

The Cross of Jesus is clearly a historical symbol associated with "God".

The Cross represents the Cartesian Coordinate Graph, similar to the Chi X.
Light Squared.

Thus God = Geometry.
It's a direct equation.

Plus + when you make a Cross, you are representing the two duality aspects of God geometrically and symbolically.

Also please take notice of the quote where they explain that "Freemasonry is NOT Dogmatic".
That means we have a lot of leeway as long as we can stick to the facts and use logic and rational understanding to unlock the mysteries.

Anyone can research, but who can actually understand what they read? Few I dare say, few.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join