It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is it your trying to accomplish,gain or trying to get from ATS?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

what is it your trying to accomplish, gain or trying to get from ATS?

I not only get news, but I can voice my opinion about the current events.

It's like yelling at the tv or radio, only sometimes, people yell back.

Actually, it was either ATS, or community service or 3 to 5 years for llama smuggling.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

beezzer

Actually, it was either ATS, or community service or 3 to 5 years for llama smuggling.

I was very interested in smuggling llamas until I found out there was a mandatory minimum sentence. Since then, I have discovered that the government would pay me to raise alpacas, who knew?

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld
now that I'm in, I feel uninterested about many things on here.

It's the constant one sided thinking.
Nobody wants to discuss...they only want to debate.
Or just taunt each other. "MY side! Your side!"
Zero to extremist in 3.5 secomds.
It bums you out.

edit on 20-10-2013 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-10-2013 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld

I come here to learn about some of the more interesting things the world throws at us.
I have always been interested in the "unseen". I have always enjoyed a good mystery, and I find ATS is good exercise for my grey matter.

"The truth will out"

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I came here at first because of curiosity

I found a place where there were people interested in the same things I was

I learned about things I had never heard of before (and still do)

I stayed because of the people

I have made some great friends here, and sometimes get more support from them than I do in "real life"

There is plenty of negativity here, and at times, some people can be real jerks....... but overall, I think ATS is a great resource for information, where people can find others with a common interest. There are also some genuinely good people here, who are more than happy to lend an ear when you need to vent, or make you laugh just when you need it. I guess you could say it is an escape....sort of like the corner bar (or pub) where everybody knows your name (or at least your screen name).....except you can visit here in your PJs!

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld

It's basically like this...nobody wants to hear the truth. The truth is depressing and saddening. The fact of the matter is we live in a cruel world. ATS brings all of these things to light, instead of living inside your bubble watching american television thinking the world is peaceful.

People can go back to believing that everything is okay but is denial actually better?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

beezzer

I come here for people like Beezer and others, they're like part of small online family. Some give me news, some laughs, always food for thought and they kind of keep my brain functioning. That and I have always liked to read, and there is plenty to read. As far as doom and gloom, well take what you want and leave the rest. Remember you are in control of your attitude. You make it what it is.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Where else can a 50 year old, southern gentleman, who carries a gun, flies his two flags upside down, ( American & Confederate Battle Flag) and is an vocal atheist, go to and have their say & be accepted into the fold, why ATS of course. It's a soundung board for some, myself included. A great place to spend some time and know like minded individuals are here as well.

ATS is just like the boob tube, if there's a channel that you dont want to watch...then move along to another channel. If there's threads and forums you dont like...dont read them or enter into the discussion. It really is that simple. Why most come on here I would suppose would be " real cheap entertainment" that's interactive as well. After awhile on here you realise, some of these folks aint denieing any ignorance, their embrassing it and spreading it around..
edit on 24-10-2013 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
This is one of three websites that I go to on a daily basis. (The other 2 pale in comparison.) I appreciate a fresh view on news. I am blown away by the intelligence of certain people who post a lot. I am awed at how much time some put into their posts. You know that a few put in a lot of hours in research. I get a big laugh at those who also put in NO research. I feel accepted and comfortable. It's home and I feel a connection. Pretty cool.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I first found this site searching for conspiracy theories, obviously, but it's become much more than UFO stories and extraterrestrial encounters for me.

I come here looking for knowledge, truth, research, psychological insight into the general minds of my peers. There's so many great minds that grace us with their presence on these boards, just reading their replies and threads are good enough. I don't partake in many threads because I am an observer, I'd rather watch than be flamed for my thoughts and opinions really, especially now days on here.

After spending a few years on this site, I realize more and more that my way of thinking isn't abnormal, it's not weird.. it's fairly common I must say. I've met a lot of people through various conversations sparked by this website, and I've directed all of them to come see what this is all about. Whether they came and stayed, I haven't a clue. I actually turned my wife onto this site, opened her eyes to a lot of things, she is no longer a sheep and I am quite proud of that.

All in all, there is much more to gain from this place than entertainment -- if you just sit back and watch, take in everyone's thoughts and opinions on various subjects and are able to create your own opinions and thoughts on things. I love that we all come from various walks of life, all over the world. It's a very intelligent world-wide family, IMHO, whether we all get along or not, you must respect others views and enjoy a great debate and try not to let it all get to you and affect you in ways that it shouldn't.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I'm 24, and have been on ATS since I was about 13, finally signing up when I was 15. At that time, ATS was a source of scientific information for me, I was getting really into astronomy, and had all sorts of questions. I also had a bunch of ideas going through my mind with little to no evidence to support my opinions, like, is big foot real? Loch Ness? Roswell, etc. The list goes on. At that time, again, ATS opened my mind to so many new ideas. The pyramids are too complex to be built by humans. I was a huge fan of OOPART. I believed that grey aliens were just humans from the future, and that a UFO was more of a time machine than a vehicle for travelling interstellar distances.

Since then, my logic has changed, and I accept much more logical explanations for things, many of which I'm very sure of.

For me, ATS is a source of information, polemics, rhetoric, and enlightenment in the form of, "Huh. I never realized that..."

If ATS, to you OP, is too melancholy and bringing you down, you're visiting the wrong boards. ATS is a huge site and should not be limited to a few boards. We should periodically check all the boards. In the end, ATS for me is entertainment and information. Not something I go to when I'm in any sort of mood.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join