It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is it your trying to accomplish,gain or trying to get from ATS?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I would like to help people understand the difference between your and you're.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   

tetraether

Good...get 20 posts and start a thread about it...no need for that here

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   

tetraether

is that all you came up with through out a whole page of a discussion?

I would like to help people post a valuable reply. -_-

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld

I found ATS a few years back. I enjoyed reading the content of most topics and forums. So later I joined. Made a few comments and had a little feedback. I don't liken myself to a lurker, more inquisitive and some posts are excellent reading. Better than surfing the net. In essence it has changed my life a little. I see other peoples points of view. I see good constructive criticism and some poor responses. I may be wrong but I see it reflects a good cross section of the world community.

I check in each morning and evening looking for a good read. This has also changed my routine/life. Sitting here with the laptop and in front of the fireplace with a beer I enjoy ATS more than TV.

Regards,

Bally

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I find it a bit like flicking through a copy of The Fortean Times, some interesting weirdness, some incoherent insanity. Mostly I find it very entertaining.

Though to be honest the occasionally high level of crazy does mean I have to limit my time here otherwise it could start to be quite bad for my mental health. And I think it's probably quite a good idea for people with a tendency towards depression to not spend too much time reading some of the topics hereabouts.

Also, weirdly since the redesigned website, whenever I open a window to leave a comment Firefox spikes to using 75% of system resources. Just on the comment pages of this website. Which is making me less likely to get involved.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   

what is it your trying to accomplish,gain or trying to get from ATS?

Not a darn thing.

I'm stuck not being able to work or volunteer anymore due to health issues.
So I just read here and post here to pass the time and to keep up with the
things that interest me .... (paranormal, metaphysical, UFOs, ghosts, etc).
It's a good place for that kind of thing.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   

OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld

Isittruee

OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld

Isittruee
I have to say ATS may make your mood a little negative inside. Know why? Truth. Denying ignorance. A lot of members come here with topic based on real facts, with real sources, and with no spin. Its not always the doom and gloom or super sugar coated things you get on MSM.

Before I got to any news site in the morning I log onto ATS. I'd rather hear it from someone in the area, with an opinion, and not looking to gain a paycheck off it.

The reason I come to ATS is too learn. I thought I was a very intelligent person. Then I joined ATS. The genuis and time memb
er can put into their threads is amazing. It'll make you and research. I love every second of it.

I love this # too but, at times, I guess things get to me. Just the concentration on negativity here is overwhelming. Being on here has made me hit rock bottom, emotionally. Is this healthy for us? I mean, its interesting as #....but......uhhhh?????

What forum do you frequent? Maybe should try changing the material you read. I mean if it effects you emotionally though maybe ATS isn't the site for you. Follow your feelings..

I for one though would take cold hard facts over sugar coated nonsense anyday. Regardless of how it makes me feel.

very true. Meibe just learning how to handle it. I wasn't like this in the past though. Some hoe it sneaked up to me and wasn't able to handle it after all. Try other site? Their isn't any other like ats. Lol just, idk man. Negativity, seems to overcome everything on here. After being on here for a short period of time I end up in the complete opposite mood as I previously was. ?????

Your reading the wrong threads my friend

I have a wail of a time on ATS I laugh on here daily with my friends, sure it's got it's serious side, but hell man go to BTS occasionally and have a laugh with us.

Cody

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I am looking for the golden post, the ultimate one with pics where someone has found the meaning of life and the reason for global catastrophe. All this world has to offer is media and blurred reality. I reckon most of people on ATS are a state of mind that goes so much further, we all want more and you know we do.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

"what is it your trying to accomplish,gain or trying to get from ATS?"

Funny you should ask such a thing. Accomplish? Well, in the face censorship, deletions, submissions of ideas to the 'fools locker, suppression of continuity of thought and free expression by a ubiquitous cadre of over-zealous mods on a number of different topics, there really isn't all that much to 'accomplish now is there? Ditto for 'gain' and 'get.' What I do end up getting though - and in a rather incidental way is a lot of laughs. So much so that I had cause to wonder if that's the way ATS was really intended to be - a sort of an internet "Comedy Central" for wayward people (losers mostly) who don't really fit in, but are in need of some up-lift-ment from time to time.

As you can see - I hate ATS
or at the very least I am not in love with the place.

edit on 20-10-2013 by XionZap because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   

XionZap

Funny you should ask such a thing. Accomplish? Well, in the face censorship, deletions, submissions of ideas to the 'fools locker, suppression of continuity of thought and free expression by a ubiquitous cadre of over-zealous mods on a number of different topics, there really isn't all that much to 'accomplish now is there? Ditto for 'gain' and 'get.' What I do end up getting though - and in a rather incidental way is a lot of laughs. So much so that I had cause to wonder if that's the way ATS was really intended to be - a sort of an internet "Comedy Central" for wayward people (losers mostly) who don't really fit in, but are in need of some up-lift-ment from time to time.

It was nice to meet you

Two questions

1 If you hate ATS so much why are you still logging on ?
2 See above

Cody

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Hi OP and everyone!
Yes....I agree with what you originally posted, and sometimes I make myself take ATS breaks.

I love to read and learn. This site has some truly brilliant people....and some really funny members. When I can't handle the doom/gloom I head over to BTS and look for a thread by Cody or Rodinus, lol.

Why am I here? I want to know the truth. The truth about everything. About religion, politics, food, nature, et's, outer space....you know, the stuff that you never get from MSM. The problem is that the truth hurts. It hurts my feelings. I want to know how people all over the world are doing...and many of them are suffering.

Is ignorance bliss? Yes...it is. I was much happier when I wasn't as aware...but I've always known there are lies...and I don't appreciate being lied to. I do however enjoy all the different ATS members' theories, ideas and discussions...whether I agree with them or not. I also practise the 'be the change you want to see' ideology in my 'real life' as do many others here. Do we make a difference? I think so.

I love this place...and soooo many of the members. They understand me in ways that my family/friends don't, hehe.
S&F
jacygirl

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

cody599

XionZapreply to post by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld

It was nice to meet you
Do you really mean it doll?

Two questions
Who said I was' logging on'?
2 See above
see below --- as in "that which is above is like that which is below."

The Master of Internet Forum(ation)s, the inimitable; the indubitable, the inextinguishable; the unchallengeable; and the overall undefeated champion of all E-talk - The XionSmasher.

BTW - hate feels really good especially when applied to the right "Person, Place or Thing" when in its right and proper Catholic order. Same can be said of Anger, and Jealousy, and all the other God Given emotions that - of the face of it would seem negative, but when made use of in their right order - can be rather efficacious.

Who do I love? Jesus Christ and His Mother Mary for openers, mindful the we cannot (logically or spiritually, or philosophically even) love places and things, objects or incidents, memories or dreams etc.We can only love another person. Of course you may love yourself but be cautious when doing so - remember what happened to Narcissus.

All that in contradistinction to "Hate" for God put it into our hearts and minds to be able to hate all things - even our mother and father if it came to a choice between them and Christ.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

XionZap

It was nice to meet you
Do you really mean it doll?

Two questions
Who said I was' logging on'?
2 See above
see below --- as in "that which is above is like that which is below."

The Master of Internet Forum(ation)s, the inimitable; the indubitable, the inextinguishable; unchallengeable; and the undefeated champion of all E-talk The XionSmasher.

BTW - hate feels really good especially when applied to the right "Person, Place or Thing" when in its right and proper Catholic order. Same can be said of Anger, and Jealousy, and all the other God Given emotions that - of the face of it would seem negative, but when made use of in their right order - can be rather efficacious.

Hate feels really good? So do Anger and Jealousy?
Wow. Really?
jacygirl
P.S. Yes, I'm sure Cody DID really mean it....he is a gentleman.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld
Haven't been in here in a hand full of months. Most of my life has been spent on the internet, primarily here on ats. I am 23 now

Just living in the Salad Days.. =)
Sorry Im an old school sXe guy, older than you since I am 40 and clearly see you like Minor Threat. ANyway.

I come here to get info, doom pr0n (which their is a lot of) and comic relief.
edit on 20-10-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

-=-=-=-=-==-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Ohhhhh I bet he is. After all, he's got almost 10,000 stars to my lil'ole one. I bet that means he really 'loved' as lot here too - huh?

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

XionZap

jacygirl

XionZap

Hate feels really good? So do Anger and Jealousy?
Wow. Really?
jacygirl

Ohhhhh I bet he is. After all, he's got almost 10,000 stars to my lil'ole one. I bet that means he really 'loved' as lot here too - huh?

Aww c'mon....stars? Really?
Yes. Cody is loved.
jacygirl

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

jacygirl

BTW - when anyone posting on Forums such as these has over - say - 2 - 3 hundred posts they should be viewed with suspicion, and for those with over three thousand - outright derision - to be turned over to the NSA and the "See something - Say something division - immediately if not sooner."

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by XionZap

You are entitled to your opinion.
It is my opinion that people who promote hate should be viewed with derision.
jacygirl

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

jacygirl
reply to post by XionZap

You are entitled to your opinion.
It is my opinion that people who promote hate should be viewed with derision.
jacygirl

In my youthful days I once had a radio show titled "Who do you Hate? It was really juicy and all sorts of different kinds would call in. I must admit -it was then that I really learned the principles of "Loving to Hate" and I honed my skills and talents very well indeed. I would have put Rush Limbaugh on the skids for sure.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by XionZap

You must be so proud!
It's fun hearing other people's perspectives. I hope you have a lovely day.
jacygirl

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join