It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is it your trying to accomplish,gain or trying to get from ATS?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Haven't been in here in a hand full of months. Most of my life has been spent on the internet, primarily here on ats. I am 23 now, discovered ats since age 16. At least once a day I come on ats. Definitely one of my fav. Pages here on the internet. Haven't been on in a while now but got me thinking about ats when I was at work talking to a buddy of mine about my antitheism beliefs. He commented that I knew too much and that believing in a higher power will bring jubilation into my life. That is a major topic in my life. Religion, in the opinion of mine is just ridiculous and humorous, really. So,question of mine is, does Ats affect us in a negative way? Is it too much for some? Is ignorance really bliss?

kid you not, as I dig deeper and deeper into many things, seems to kill my positive moos, makes me more of a lethargic being, feeling hopelessness.

is ats doing us any good or just letting the negative things overcome the positive things in life?

as much as I love this site, ever since I stopped coming on I seem to smile a bit more, as much as I couldn't wait to come back on, now that I'm in, I feel uninterested about many things on here.
edit on 20-10-2013 by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I have to say ATS may make your mood a little negative inside. Know why? Truth. Denying ignorance. A lot of members come here with topic based on real facts, with real sources, and with no spin. Its not always the doom and gloom or super sugar coated things you get on MSM.

Before I got to any news site in the morning I log onto ATS. I'd rather hear it from someone in the area, with an opinion, and not looking to gain a paycheck off it.

The reason I come to ATS is too learn. I thought I was a very intelligent person. Then I joined ATS. The genuis and time member can put into their threads is amazing. It'll make you and research. I love every second of it.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Isittruee
I have to say ATS may make your mood a little negative inside. Know why? Truth. Denying ignorance. A lot of members come here with topic based on real facts, with real sources, and with no spin. Its not always the doom and gloom or super sugar coated things you get on MSM.

Before I got to any news site in the morning I log onto ATS. I'd rather hear it from someone in the area, with an opinion, and not looking to gain a paycheck off it.

The reason I come to ATS is too learn. I thought I was a very intelligent person. Then I joined ATS. The genuis and time memb
er can put into their threads is amazing. It'll make you and research. I love every second of it.

I love this # too but, at times, I guess things get to me. Just the concentration on negativity here is overwhelming. Being on here has made me hit rock bottom, emotionally. Is this healthy for us? I mean, its interesting as #....but......uhhhh?????

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld

ats I love you. This thread, just a slice of my inquisitiveness. No need for some type of vendetta on this average Joe. Lol

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   

OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld

Isittruee

The reason I come to ATS is too learn. I thought I was a very intelligent person. Then I joined ATS. The genuis and time memb
er can put into their threads is amazing. It'll make you and research. I love every second of it.

I love this # too but, at times, I guess things get to me. Just the concentration on negativity here is overwhelming. Being on here has made me hit rock bottom, emotionally. Is this healthy for us? I mean, its interesting as #....but......uhhhh?????

What forum do you frequent? Maybe should try changing the material you read. I mean if it effects you emotionally though maybe ATS isn't the site for you. Follow your feelings..

I for one though would take cold hard facts over sugar coated nonsense anyday. Regardless of how it makes me feel.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I don't think ATS affects members in a negative way...well, it doesn't negatively affect me. ATS acts as a vast library of information, there whenever we need to gather information on a specific topic.

There is no other site out there, like ATS. ATS is a great site, as it allows individual to engage in conversation, while also sharing their knowledge on a specific topic.

Edit: As the poster above said, maybe you should try reading other forums? You can remove specific forums from appearing in your feed.
edit on 20-10-2013 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Isittruee

OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld

Isittruee

What forum do you frequent? Maybe should try changing the material you read. I mean if it effects you emotionally though maybe ATS isn't the site for you. Follow your feelings..

I for one though would take cold hard facts over sugar coated nonsense anyday. Regardless of how it makes me feel.

very true. Meibe just learning how to handle it. I wasn't like this in the past though. Some hoe it sneaked up to me and wasn't able to handle it after all. Try other site? Their isn't any other like ats. Lol just, idk man. Negativity, seems to overcome everything on here. After being on here for a short period of time I end up in the complete opposite mood as I previously was. ?????

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Isittruee

Good to see you back.
Your reply mirrors my own on this subject. Add to that, this site is so well moderated I enjoy reading the contributions of other members I am in routine disagreement with.

There's only one other site I visit for the non-MSM 'drivel of the day.' I'm not sure ATS could handle discussions related to weather. LOL

-Cheers

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   

If you use ATS with an impressionable mind, then yes, you will definitely take in more negative perspectives - this place has doom and gloom written all over it.

However, if you have a good disposition, and keep a sharp mind, nothing will bother you unless you let it.

To answer the thread title: The openness of the thread topics inspire open minded thoughts, and that is what I really enjoy - the exploration of thoughts, from my own mind, and other open minded people.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Bleeeeep

If you use ATS with an impressionable mind, then yes, you will definitely take in more negative perspectives - this place has doom and gloom written all over it.

However, if you have a good disposition, and keep a sharp mind, nothing will bother you unless you let it.

To answer the thread title: The openness of the thread topics inspire open minded thoughts, and that is what I really enjoy - the exploration of thoughts, from my own mind, and other open minded people.

maibt ats Is just too concentrated in negativity, what happen to the positive things in this world? Not as interested?

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   

OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld

Bleeeeep

To answer the thread title: The openness of the thread topics inspire open minded thoughts, and that is what I really enjoy - the exploration of thoughts, from my own mind, and other opean minded people.

maibt ats Is just too concentrated in negativity, what happen to the positive things in this world? Not as interested?

There is plenty of positive thoughts and threads on ATS. Like I said check the content your viewing. If you view political forums and breaking news(and topics like it) that is going to be mood changing. If you want to get away from world news and arguments then view the joke forum. I go there every now and then just to lmao.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Isittruee

my main interest is politics. End up pissed every time once in done here. Lol but it seriously does play with ones emotions, as Smokey does with big worms emotions from friday. Lol

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Positive threads are just as good, but it takes a certain je ne sais quoi to make it not seem like boasting, delusional grandeur, or a fix to something that is broken.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Your feelings are normal. I'm not much older than you, and I feel the same way.

The truth?

The world is shot. There are HUGE bad things happening everywhere, oftentimes they're so big that they cast shadows on the good. It's perfectly understandable to feel like you do. Sometimes I get so depressed and misanthropic that it scares me.

Then I remember that there is hope. That we have love, laughter, and life. Maybe the future won't turn out as dire as it is oftentimes portrayed here on ATS.

One of the things that always brings me back is the hope that maybe things will turn out more like Star Trek, instead of 1984. My advice is to find something that inspires you to dream, and hold on tight.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   

There's your problem, right there. Politics is an emotional game for the mind, used to control your thoughts and actions.

If you do not see it for what it is, you will get emotionally caught up in it.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

right. Just something of my interest. My gf here next to me wants me to quit politics, she so agreed with you. Lol. .....

she needs to go to sleep.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryyptyk

I got to the Point where I gave up on life and lost hope. Anticipating some type of collapse or dooms day. As I rested my reading from here it made me a bit more serious about my future. Always dreamed of being a professional soccer referee, been doing it since 13, abandoned my dream cause I just got too stuck on politics. Back on track though, you shall soon see me on on the professional level, which has made me be more serious about it considering I don't anticipate a collapse, war, etc...
edit on 20-10-2013 by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Exactly. Glad you're out of that dark place man. Yeah, its hard to focus on any long term goal while reading all the doomsday stuff. You start thinking "Well, whats the point? Its all going to hell anyway." Then you end up feeling so much worse.

Yeah, screw that. Doomsday or no doomsday, I'd rather do something more worthwhile than crouching in a bunker.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   

I use ATS as a primary news forum. Second to that, discussion of actual conspiracies or unusual topics.
Could use a little less of the far right propaganda, but hey, you can't have everything.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryyptyk

right? And I thought I had it all right. Ahhhhh, the ignorance of a young one, how I miss don't miss it one bit. Think it wad just a phase I was going through. My excuse to not working was to not be a conformist, that I was much better. I said that with honor, living at mommies house. Lol now, I have no choice, just one chance to make something out of my hobby.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join