It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ocean is Broken by: Greg Ray

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
O this is sad, sad, sad you guys... And also very scary. Between, Japan, The Gulf spill, Assumption Parrish, LA...
What the hell are we or our Governments going to do about it?

The Ocean is Broken

Canada's Pacific Ocean/yellow Salmon

Assumption Parish

3yrs after BP Oil spill

... There's much much more none of us are being told. What makes me angry... These People and Governments have made a lot of money... But when it comes to cleaning up, saving our environment... Because of their greed... They do nothing but lie.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

The Ocean gets messed up, we all DIE eventually, very painful deaths! DOOM ON!

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   

It is rather sad, especially because the first thing that came to my mind was that scene in Independence Day where Jeff Goldblum is drunk and ranting about how we should destroy the planet so the aliens won't want it anymore.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   

The Ocean will be just fine.

The only thing we are screwing up is the human species dependence on it.

People often attribute environmentalism efforts to "saving the Earth" when in actuality it is humans they really want to save.

The Earth has seen far more destruction than anything the human race can throw at it and its still here. It will be here long after we are gone.

As usual, George Carlin says it best.

Worth a watch.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Spookybelle

It may be fine someday, however, currents are moving, CHANGING now, more than ever documented before in recorded history! They may be fine in 100 or 500 years, but meanwhile all the life on the planet dies off, then starts anew! not good for us, or other life forms here!

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   

GodsLawsWork

It may be fine someday, however, currents are moving, CHANGING now, more than ever documented before in recorded history! They may be fine in 100 or 500 years, but meanwhile all the life on the planet dies off, then starts anew! not good for us, or other life forms here!

Do you know how long recorded history is compared to the history of the planet?

You have no idea what's happened in the past. Do you think the currents might have changed a little bit after that giant asteroid hit that wiped out the dinosaurs?

Maybe if the currents change it will be a good thing and issue in an era of new and exotic life-forms. As for those life-forms, well they change all the time, always have and always will....you are not going to stop it and you should be ashamed for trying to dictate nature.

Like it or not, humans are part of nature and what they do is natural. Do you get mad at a beaver who dams up a stream and floods thousands of creatures out of their natural habitat? How about giant locust swarms that eat everything in sight and cause massive starvation among other life-forms?

Humans may change currents, nature has done it with every warming period where all the permanent ice has melted..at least 6 times before humans existed so if we cause one now....so what?

The Earth has lived through it before.
edit on 20-10-2013 by Spookybelle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Spookybelle

Maybe if the currents change it will be a good thing and issue in an era of new and exotic life-forms.

Yeah..... plastic lifeforms!

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

There is no going back from this bar Divine Intervention at the Appointed time.

The Devil serving cabalist folk in worldly power that technologically initiated that tsunami upon Fukushima know that the Red Kachina/Wormwood star is incoming regardless and are acting upon observed timelines to release hell on earth moreso.

All part of the chaos plan with more initiations of the nuclear variety to come. We've seen so little yet and the wise will lean on Christ for Salvation of the soul, if not the flesh.

This will be believed by a very small minority and is to be expected...the truth can be moreso unsettling to the souls that cleave to the world and the flesh more than their Maker.
edit on 20-10-2013 by PrimeLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by GodsLawsWork

It may be fine someday, however, currents are moving, CHANGING now, more than ever documented before in recorded history!
Which currents?

They may be fine in 100 or 500 years, but meanwhile all the life on the planet dies off, then starts anew!
All life dies off? That would be something completely unprecedented...and bad.
edit on 10/20/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Spookybelle

GodsLawsWork

You have no idea what's happened in the past. Do you think the currents might have changed a little bit after that giant asteroid hit that wiped out the dinosaurs?

Maybe if the currents change it will be a good thing and issue in an era of new and exotic life-forms. As for those life-forms, well they change all the time, always have and always will....you are not going to stop it and you should be ashamed for trying to dictate nature.

Like it or not, humans are part of nature and what they do is natural. Do you get mad at a beaver who dams up a stream and floods thousands of creatures out of their natural habitat? How about giant locust swarms that eat everything in sight and cause massive starvation among other life-forms?

Humans may change currents, nature has done it with every warming period where all the permanent ice has melted..at least 6 times before humans existed so if we cause one now....so what?

But if we can prevent it and do not, it's just stupid.
I can cause an accident with high speeding and kill someone and say; ''so what'', every day car accidents happen. There are still plenty of people left.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Plugin

Why would you want to prevent it?

First of all, the Earth is going to change regardless of what humans do and secondly, how do you know the change will be for the worse?

People say that global warming is bad but actually, plant and animal life absolutely flourish in warmer climates. Having permanent ice is the anomaly, not ice-free oceans.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Spookybelle

GodsLawsWork

Very nicely stated. Eventually ALL species go extinct.

Call me a boy scout, but I've always wanted humans to
evolve out of their toddler phase. I have no idea whether
they will or not.

I do not place myself on some pedestal with this comment.
I too seek to not be a toddler on toddler planet; it is not
an easy aspiration.

KPB

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Spookybelle
reply to post by Plugin

Why would you want to prevent it?

First of all, the Earth is going to change regardless of what humans do and secondly, how do you know the change will be for the worse?

People say that global warming is bad but actually, plant and animal life absolutely flourish in warmer climates. Having permanent ice is the anomaly, not ice-free oceans.

In the past animals could just move to a warmer or colder part of the planet to survive (if lucky).
Animals can't move now, we only have some reservations mostly. Only Africa and some places in South America have some places untouched but even those are today tiny compared in the past (and even there mostly reservations now!) with fences (in Africa).

You had lions and elephants everywhere (you name it) in Europe and even in the middle east.
They are gone a long time ago, soon perhaps also in Africa (they sure can't move to other parts if needed as they could before). The animals they prey are like wild beast which travel very large distances and almost always run. When they can't cope the lion will follow their doom as welll.

The state of the oceans is very bad, because of the co2 and everything that gets in the oceans because of humans, the oceans are getting toxic. Right now Jellyfish are exploding and fish dissapearing.
I can go on because this gets a long story.
But we haven't seen the real hard effects of climate change yet but it could a final blow for most species and again they can't move to other parts (except birds, just speaking about mammals in general mostly).
And we also could as we had a crazy increase of people in a very short time period, could also decrease very fast at the highest point reached, following the mass extinction from most other species soon under way.

And mass extinctions are a rare sight. You can count them on your fingers.
Sure you can say; they will recover but destorying things goes must faster and it could take how long, millions of years? Sure you never know things for sure but something has to give.

But sure what can you or me do, so I guess this is our natural course but just kinda silly, stupid and shameful?
edit on 20-10-2013 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Plugin

As you just pointed out, Jellyfish are doing extremely well as well as other species of animals. Many bird and insect species are thriving because of what humans are doing to the planet.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like you are picking and choosing what parts of nature you want to survive. I'm sorry you don't think Jellyfish are beautiful but I do.

Yep, polar bears may go away and I admit they are cute too but something else will take their place. As for animals going extinct, well that has happened long before humans were here. Currently there is anywhere from one to sixty animal and plant species that go extinct every 24 hours depending on whose research you believe and some of it is because of man and some of it isn't.

That is nature.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Spookybelle
reply to post by Plugin

As you just pointed out, Jellyfish are doing extremely well as well as other species of animals. Many bird and insect species are thriving because of what humans are doing to the planet.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like you are picking and choosing what parts of nature you want to survive. I'm sorry you don't think Jellyfish are beautiful but I do.

Yep, polar bears may go away and I admit they are cute too but something else will take their place. As for animals going extinct, well that has happened long before humans were here. Currently there is anywhere from one to sixty animal and plant species that go extinct every 24 hours depending on whose research you believe and some of it is because of man and some of it isn't.

That is nature.

You can call everything 'nature'.

You can make a nice garden for yourself and I can come with my shovel and destroy it and say: sorry pal, it's just nature.
Or some nuclear disaster and just calling it ''nature''. It's all good since it's nature?

Jellyfish are nice? The last time they ruled the oceans there was not even a mouse, let alone we.
Sure they can look nice in their own way while drifting but they are basicly ''slime moving parts'' *(moving because of the water movement). And looking nice because they are transparant and the sun giving them nice colors.

At least we could eat them when no fish around though.
edit on 21-10-2013 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

top topics

join