It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How long until people agree with the Shutdown?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
So the Shutdown was over Obamacare right? With Tea Partiers kicking and screaming saying Obamacare is going to ruin the country! Well how long until Americans fully agree? Considering that Obamacare is a massive failure only about to break on shore.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Why do you assume there 'will' be a time at which people will agree with it?
And, it really doesn't matter if anyone agrees with it it's kind of irrelevant right, seeing as nobody needs to agree with it, as it's not up for "us" to debate, 'we' aren't invited to be a part of the decision-making process, yeah? Not being smart or cocky, by the way- real rhetorical questions

edit on 10/19/2013 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

unb3k44n7
Why do you assume there 'will' be a time at which people will agree with it?
And, it really doesn't matter if anyone agrees with it it's kind of irrelevant right, seeing as nobody needs to agree with it, as it's not up for "us" to debate, 'we' aren't invited to be a part of the decision-making process, yeah? Not being smart or cocky, by the way- real rhetorical questions

edit on 10/19/2013 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

It's not irrelevant because once people realize the Tea Party was right (probably about January when Obamacare totally fails to meet it's required sign-ups), the hammer will come down so hard on the Democrats their brains will fly out their A$$ making that dusty poof sound...cuz that's all there is up there.

To answer your question, when people vote for a Tea Party candidate, they vote for someone apart from the "closed sessions" of Congress who serve nothing but the interest groups.
edit on 20-10-2013 by FreeMason because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
When the New York Times agrees?

Obamacare, Failing Ahead of Schedule

But if the fix-it effort moves too slowly, it’s possible to envision a worst-case scenario unfolding. If the Web site doesn’t work soon, even liberals concede that the mandate would have to be delayed, because you can’t very well fine people for failing to buy a product they can’t access.

And that combination — a hard-to-navigate online portal and no penalty for staying uninsured — could effectively discourage all but the most desperate customers from shopping, which in turn would create an unsustainably expensive insurance pool, driving prices up and driving people away, and potentially wrecking the entire individual insurance market in short order.
www.nytimes.com...

Although he still needs to say republicans could do no better - he's right - we need Harry Potter.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Maluhia
When the New York Times agrees?

Obamacare, Failing Ahead of Schedule

But if the fix-it effort moves too slowly, it’s possible to envision a worst-case scenario unfolding. If the Web site doesn’t work soon, even liberals concede that the mandate would have to be delayed, because you can’t very well fine people for failing to buy a product they can’t access.

And that combination — a hard-to-navigate online portal and no penalty for staying uninsured — could effectively discourage all but the most desperate customers from shopping, which in turn would create an unsustainably expensive insurance pool, driving prices up and driving people away, and potentially wrecking the entire individual insurance market in short order.
www.nytimes.com...

Although he still needs to say republicans could do no better - he's right - we need Harry Potter.

Look at the comments to the article you posted.

That is how STUPID Democrats are....

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by FreeMason

People will agree with the shutdown when they realize obamacare is nothing but a way for the gov't to give more money to the private banksters (the federal reserve and IMF) and their bank accounts, retirement savings, and all other "wealth" that they've managed to hold onto - is given to IMF that is not affiliated with the US gov't.

They will agree with the shutdown when they realize the politicians - both dems and repubs - have been lining their own personal pockets with the last that they could get out of the bankrupt USA.

Until people realize we've been swindled by all of these crooks - it will be too late - we will have been nuked by fukushima and sold down the river -- and then the chinese will come to claim their collateral with guns - helped along by the DHS.

US citizens have remained completely ignorant for too long....

It's over......

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   

FreeMason
So the Shutdown was over Obamacare right?

Was obamadeathcare the issue? Or was the issue a government gone totally wrong and deathcare was just the lightning rod? I ask because there are *much* bigger problems with this "government" to worry about.

Are you aware that obama has instituted a gargantuan pretorian guard of sorts that is now carrying out terror operations in ~75 countries? It's called JSOC and this covert terror group is being run by the navy reporting directly to the White House. Watch the documentary Dirty Wars (2013) for more info.

It would be my guess that JSOC will be operating on US soil ..... if they are not already.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
How about I'll agree with a shutdown when they find a way to do one without crippling everyday Joe/Josephines in the process.

No, seriously. I'm all for debating an issue and making a bunch of noise in the process, but when you're trampling the federally employed people under you to make a point by way of suspending their income, your point isn't worth much to me. That's more FITH than "get insured or pay the fine".

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by FreeMason

Subject: Obamacare: Not Free or Affordable

>>WARNING CONCERNING OBAMACARE>>>m
----Immediate Attention Required PLEASE -----
If you do not have to sign up with Obamacare on their website PLEASE DON'T!

Once you see the cost of premiums and yearly deductible and choose to opt out from that point they will within a few hours email you stating your actual fees in which now they will by any means collect.

REAL EXAMPLE ---- Please Read & Please Forward ASAP!!!
A comment posted on the Affordable Care Act/Obamacare FB page:

"I actually made it through this morning at 8:00 A.M. I have a preexisting condition (Type 1 Diabetes) and my income base was 45K-55K annually I chose tier 2 "Silver Plan" and my monthly premiums came out to $597.00 with $13,988 yearly deductible!!! There is NO POSSIBLE way that I can afford this so I "opt-out" and chose to continue along with no insurance. I received an email tonight at 5:00 P.M. informing me that my fine would be $4,037 and could be attached to my yearly income tax return. Then you make it to the "REPERCUSSIONS PORTION" for "non-payment" of yearly fine. First, your drivers license will be suspended until paid, and if you go 24 consecutive months with "Non-Payment" and you happen to be a home owner, you will have a federal tax lien placed on your home. You can agree to give your bank information so that they can easy "Automatically withdraw" your "penalties" weekly, bi-weekly or monthly! This by no means is "Free" or even "Affordable."

join