It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abrahamic cult members only. It is demonstrable that God has to be one of us.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

jmdewey60
reply to post by Greatest I am

Jesus takes all the love out of forgiveness.
You are probably thinking of a theory promoted by certain evangelical Christians that Jesus somehow "paid" for our sins.

"Jewish forgiveness" is killing the offender and trying to forgive yourself for not doing it sooner.

What did you do to the intelligent poster who used to use your name?

www.thepowerofforgiveness.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

www.thepowerofforgiveness.com...
That just reinforces what I already said.
It says that we can commit horrible atrocities and then lay the blame on the victims.

And what happened to me was learning more about how we are constantly being manipulated by propaganda, and learning what really happened rather than what we are being persuaded to believe happened.
edit on 22-10-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

And here I thought that you had some intelligence. Oh well.

I didn't know that you had become a zionist.

You are being led by propaganda into thinking that you are smart by understanding history, all the while they are giving you a fake version of history in order to produce this feeling of being magically enlightened.
edit on 22-10-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
You have lost any credibility. You have changed quite a bit in the last while.
The respect I had is all gone.

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

For not liking a video that you posted a ink to?
You haven't even made an argument for me to disagree with.
Maybe you are a little too busy to make a summary of the point someone should take away from watching it.
To me it looks like a person barely out of childhood reading a script that his handlers gave him to promote an agenda and make it look like he came up with it himself.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

jmdewey60

For not liking a video that you posted a ink to?

Not at all. Just tone and content of your last few posts.

It may be that you have let comments and debates over time change your attitude. We did not always agree but did not nip at each other. Now I see some of that of late and I do not mean just here or me. You and I have not chatted for some time

But that is personal opinion and I do not like to get into those areas because it all becomes psychobabble.

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
akushla99
jmdewey60
reply to post by akushla99

jmdewey60
Do you think that the Bible was somehow crippled by there not being any higher concepts of God? That if they were writing today they would have the benefit of evolution of thought to where they could describe a god without human type attributes?

If there were not higher concepts of God the Bible as "IN INFANCY" never should have been introduced as a covenant/doctrain BABE IN ARMS. Evolution has nothing to do with creationism so the twain shall never meet. Someone Somewhere introduced the concept of OVERLORD to the struggling humans to give it hope. Well now that still isnt working as a viable concept because all CAUSALS remain invisible aspects of an unknown quantity.

akushla99
...and 'describing' God in that fashion would seem to be pushing the analogy envelope in a direction of diminishment of grandeur...but, best to stay 'on message'...Å99

If you have to describe a 'GOD ASPECT' you are clearly under the covers with a flashlight trying to imagine something into existance. I kind of like the notion "CREATE YOU OWN PERSONAL GOD GAME" what would it look like, what would it personify (best and worst human traits), scales, fur, wings, fangs, subtle body?

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
jmdewey60
reply to post by akushla99

akushla99 That's my take...how does it differ to yours?

jmdewey60
I don't think that God is an "it" or a place to go to or a concept or a "source" that we emanate from. God is a person, and I don't see the Prophets or other biblical writers saying otherwise. Jesus I believe is also a person and not an idea.

If God is a person then I look at it everyday in the mirror, the humanbeings I encounter in casual circumstance (I look into the face of God as ITS representing itself) as an in your face reminder LOOK AT ME I AM YOU. Why would you not think God could also be place, a dimension, a thoughtform beyond physicality, an IDEA/DREAMSCAPE? Why hinder the idea into a scriptural diatribe, solid. Why cant Jesus not only be a person but the personification of AN IDEA? Why is there such stubborn unification of UNTRUTHS sticky?! and thereby disallowing A Freeform God TRYING TO DREAM itself into a physical existance (as if the evidence was not already here YOU).

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

Why cant Jesus not only be a person but the personification of AN IDEA?
No one is stopping you from calling anything you want "Jesus".

There would be no Jesus unless he was written about in the New Testament, so to me, anything that veers off from what is described in those writings is something else.
Maybe I have a thing about authenticity and will accept no substitutes.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
jmdewey60
reply to post by vethumanbeing

clarification VHB Why cant Jesus not only be a person but the personification of AN IDEA?

jmdewey60
No one is stopping you from calling anything you want "Jesus".
There would be no Jesus unless he was written about in the New Testament, so to me, anything that veers off from what is described in those writings is something else. Maybe I have a thing about authenticity and will accept no substitutes.

You are reading the wrong scriptures then. Jesus never put a stylus loaded with ink to papyrus (a simple 'dear youme' daily journal/diary). In groking that, everything/or obviously nothing written about him can be verified, so the veering off never occured as it may NEVER HAVE OCCURED. You want authenticity, and yet you can provide no proof your savior existed at all, in faith and authentic cookbook relic cupcake receipes of the 0 Julian or Gregorian start over calendar AD period middle eastern times (I forget). Do not substitute baking powder for baking soda otherwise chemistry comes into play, cream of tartar.

edit on 24-10-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
It is rather strange that we have busts and carving of anyone of importance of that day yet no likeness of Jesus exists. Hmmm.

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

no likeness of Jesus exists
There is.
Here's one for example.

The thing is that they were not portable but were generally painted on the walls of churches that were subsequently destroyed.
But there was a tradition of doing just this right from the very beginning of Christianity that was passed down several generations.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

jmdewey60

no likeness of Jesus exists
There is.
Here's one for example.

The thing is that they were not portable but were generally painted on the walls of churches that were subsequently destroyed.
But there was a tradition of doing just this right from the very beginning of Christianity that was passed down several generations.

No two are alike so there is no likeness of Jesus.

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Greatest I am

Greatest I am It is rather strange that we have busts and carving of anyone of importance of that day yet no likeness of Jesus exists. Hmmm.
DL

He wasnt enough of an importance to make a 'death mask', but then he wasnt a brilliant composer or mathmatician. Why the lack of documented history (of his life) Even I keep journals, and Im not the son of God, maybe the point was to keep everyone fishing for truths (keep us busy) so as not to investigate the reality of the INSERT personality. I am beginning to think of Christianity as an epic movie, "THE BIBLE", "THE ROBE", "BEN HUR", "THE TEN COMMANDMENTS". Apparently none of his disciples was an amateur 'sketch artist'.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Jesus is the anti-christ acting nice to trick people to the violent Yahweh

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
arpgme
reply to post by jmdewey60

arpgme
Jesus is the anti-christ acting nice to trick people to the violent Yahweh

Its crossed my mind more than once.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

vethumanbeing
Greatest I am

Greatest I am It is rather strange that we have busts and carving of anyone of importance of that day yet no likeness of Jesus exists. Hmmm.
DL

He wasnt enough of an importance to make a 'death mask', but then he wasnt a brilliant composer or mathmatician. Why the lack of documented history (of his life) Even I keep journals, and Im not the son of God, maybe the point was to keep everyone fishing for truths (keep us busy) so as not to investigate the reality of the INSERT personality. I am beginning to think of Christianity as an epic movie, "THE BIBLE", "THE ROBE", "BEN HUR", "THE TEN COMMANDMENTS". Apparently none of his disciples was an amateur 'sketch artist'.

Possibly.

More likely he was as Joseph Campbell thought. Just another Hero from Heroes of a Thousand faces.

Jesus was written up as not favoring idols worship yet Christians have all become idol worshipers of their Godinabook and it would be even worse if they had a likeness. The writers wanted us as free thinkers the way Jesus was but Christians decided it was better to idolize him instead of following him.

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL
edit on 25-10-2013 by Greatest I am because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join