It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Digital Book that Copies Itself

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Just another thread to say "it is so amazing that it must have been god".

Good enough answer for some, not that good for others.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

daskakik

I find it ironic that for all your needs of lofty proof, or whatever it is you expected from OP, that you contributed NOTHING. Why not try engaging in the conversation...or pass on it. Why do you feel the need to bash someone who (as far as I can tell) does an excellent job of communicating their point of view in a compelling way. Or were you just trying to let everyone know how smart you are and how this is all just so "beneath you"?

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   

GEmersonBiggins
Why not try engaging in the conversation...or pass on it.

Not much point in flogging this dead horse.

Pointing out that it is just more of the same is enough ignorance denial, as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   

daskakik

Actually, nothing of the sort was said or implied in the OP. But if the glove fits....

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
If i put two magnets close to each other, the chances of them "locking up" are pretty good.

If i put them in a swirling vortex, they will eventually find each other and join.

This is the nature of the chemistry that created life. Life exists because is a property of the universe. The building blocks of proteins, amino acids, tend to want to group up together in certain ways. Entropy encourages them to, as succumbing to the chemical bond takes less energy than fighting against it.

Life happened because the universe is prone to such things. Whether it is by intelligent design or not....it is a property of reality.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

daskakik

GEmersonBiggins
Why not try engaging in the conversation...or pass on it.

Not much point in flogging this dead horse.

Pointing out that it is just more of the same is enough ignorance denial, as far as I'm concerned.

THen you have shockingly low standards for denying ignorance.

"Because I said so" is hardly a denial of anything, other than your own effort in reply.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Broom

Nice write-up and good visuals. However you should really cite that you used "The Origin of Life" Jehovah's Witness Watchtower publication as the basis for the thread.
edit on 2013-10-20 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Broom

It is implied when you signal out "evolutionists", a group that doesn't exist except in the arguments of those who support ID and therfore a creator/god.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
THen you have shockingly low standards for denying ignorance.

No, just understand how futile it is to actually try with some.

"Because I said so" is hardly a denial of anything, other than your own effort in reply.

It isn't "because I said so". I offer no apologies for keeping it simple and just pointing out the obvious fallacy.

edit on 20-10-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

Fallacy...like an appeal to ridicule? Appeal to tradition?

If you have a position, state it in a way that refutes or supports. This "Well, I know better but no one here is worth wasting my breath on" is just stupid.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Fallacy like "God of the gaps". There really isn' t anything new being brought forth by the OP so the only logical conlcusion is, we don't have enough info to say with certainty if design is true or not.

As a personal belief, pick a side and argue all you want. In the end its still just arguing over opinions. I think that is even dumber than me trying to point that that is all that is being accomplished here.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Broom

A very very good thread and topic. It's hard to put a headline on a thread like this because it covers so much, and the headline you have will attract some people but not others. I am one of the lucky ones to have found this thead, and read the first post. Thanks for your work!

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

Some want to argue. But others want to discuss.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

What do you think the OP was aiming for?

First let us put the two premises up for debate. The Bible states that the originator of life is God. Evolutionists postulate that there is no evidence of design in the DNA molecule, in the information contained therein, nor is their evidence of design in the way that it works

Either way it doesn't change the fact that with what is known all anyone can do is form a personal opinion on the matter and that arguing or discussing at this stage will not lead to a valid conclusion.

Is pointing that out a bad thing?

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Xtraeme
Nice write-up and good visuals. However you should really cite that you used "The Origin of Life" Jehovah's Witness Watchtower publication as the basis for the thread.

He also based his previous thread Was It Designed? on material from the Watchtower.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

This is incorrect. Although the thread link is appreciated.

However. People on this website use resources from all over all the time. It is curious that you both are trying to attack Jehovah's Witnesses. No doubt, a plethora of other occultic and atheistic as well as so-called Christian people will jump on this band-wagon of witch hunters.

Trying always to deflect from the OP, to your own agendas.

Nevertheless the OP is made for those with open minds who are searching. For those who are close-minded, or even worse, you can leave. There is nothing for you here. The OP is there. If you wish to add to the understanding then do.To do any less, well, it is pointless in this OP. You may create your own threads about the rants you have.

It has been years since the broom has talked about creation or evolution with anyone. He came to the realization long ago, that most hard-core atheists are not so because of reason or logic. And to discuss things rationally with them gets nowhere. Just as talking with a so=called Christian who believes in a Trinity or Hellfire. Yet, he also realizes that there are many, many, many children going through the school system who are not dogmatic, not arrogant and haughty, and are not hard-headed, nor narrow-minded. They want answers. This was geared towards them. Many willl find it no doubt.
edit on 21-10-2013 by Broom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I had this discussion with my Dad a while back.
He thought life was created the way the Bible says it was.
I disagreed.

He said, "You don't get a royal flush by randomly shuffling cards."

But that's not true. Of course you do... eventually.

And the Universe has had billions of years to shuffle cards. And not only that, it has a near infinite number of cards to shuffle.

Given that, it seems it would be more surprising if amazing things, like self-replicating organic molecules, didn't occur.

<< 1   >>

join