It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trick or Treat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
The three bears decided to go trick or treating. Mama Bear purchased three jack-o-lantern shaped pails and they set off. Before they got to their first stop, Papa Bear said, "Ooooh...my jack-o-lantern is disintegrating - it's crumbling in my hands."

Mama Bear said she would share with Papa Bear and so they continued. Their first stop gave them some apples which were still a little wet from being washed. As they walked, Mama Bear exclaimed, "Argh...my jack-o-lantern is getting too hot to hold" and she dropped it whereupon it shattered.

Baby Bear said not to worry because he would share with them both but before they could get to their second stop Baby Bear dropped his jack-o-lantern which had started to smoke and now burst into flames. The fire department arrived but wouldn't come near before all the smoke had blown away.

Goldilocks came forward from amongst the onlookers and explained to the bears that their jack-o-lanterns were made from advanced composites. She further explained that the firemen were trained not to approach advanced composites burning because the vapors are very toxic. She explained that the night was damp and they had banged their jack-o-lanterns around quite a bit while walking and that these two circumstances had stressed the advanced composites to the point of catastrophic failure.

All ended well, though, because Papa, Mama and Baby Bear had all worn hazmat suits and asbestos grade gas masks as their Halloween costumes. The Happy End.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

What a world. When we were kids we threw eggs and firecrackers.

This Halloween I bet we hear drones buzzing overhead looking for acts of terror.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Yeah and don't forget the toilet papering and all the other innocent pleasures of exuberant youth. Thx for your post and the vision of a simpler time.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

A more tolerant time. What happened to us? I mean, I am still like that at heart. But nowadays everything is a crime and hand wringing neighbors cry, " Help, Police!"

top topics

join