It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Day ET Lands On Earth

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by KellyPrettyBear

I see your point. I think I do go to the opposite extreme with my views. It's good to point that out but for me it is more about exploring another possibility. Ninety-nine percent of the time I see comments of people saying they would shoot at them or run as far away as they could and prepare for battle. In fact - I don't think I have even seen 1% of anyone on ATS have a non combattant idea of them. I think it's important to consider other views but I'm for sure in the minority. I do not think they are gentle like babmi or as a polyanna type,and am not sure what made you think I'm that naive. I simply think there may be another side to consider.

I would also not be one of those people who would approach anything that might show up. I simply don't know. None of us do. I am not convinced of the hybrid baby stuff. I believe people need to look at what could have another plausable explanation, take what does not and work with that. With what is left there is nothing that makes me believe these things are out to harm. That should not mean I'm out of touch. Rather it means I am not convinced they should be feared, and do not agree with everyone else on their views of something that we are not even sure exists. To assume I am on the same page with those who believe they rape women is just that - an assumption. I never said I believed this happens so wanted to make that clear now. What I believe happens is what I have stated in my posts.

They (maybe) have taken people for experimental purposes and released them. Those people were traumatized but otherwise unharmed.

They have shown up in our skies.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Riffrafter

I think that you choose to see the more 'friendly' and
innocuous side of 'ET's', while I've met ... "things"..
that not just go bump in the night, but try to eat
people..

Aye, there are many beasties in the loch, Laddy...

As far as the ET phenomena goes, although I am thoroughly convinced that there are other Civs in the vast universe that we perceive, I am equally convinced that the "legitimate" reports/sightings over the years are of the ED rather than ET variety belying a variety of motives including stupidity or to be more kind, the unintentional crashing of our party.

Although the ED/ET boundary is porous as hell too...

This universe is just a tiny cell in a much larger infrastructure,
and built by interns at that.

Lots of life.. that's for sure.

Now our little corner of paradise? Quite the self-induced melodrama
going on here. We are so obsessed with death and suffering, and
causing as much of it as we can.. it's no wonder that only beings
interested in the psychotic-deathwish channel come here.

Oh .. and the ones trapped by the initial event.. they've been
driven goofy and nasty for a long time...

KPB

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

OP, I haven't read through the responses on your thread.

I think that this is a very interesting topic.

I would like to think that the announcement of such an important event would herald a new age for humanity, and for sure it ought to.

However, with so many people who do not trust what their governments tell them, the reality of this situation would be very difficult to discern. I have met many people who have stated that the proclamation of ET contact would be a prelude to a NWO takeover for example. I have also spoken to people from non-western countries/cultures that have what I would consider to be a stricter(than what I'm used to) religious bearing on their lives, whom, when I asked them if they would ever believe in the existence of aliens, responded "no, it would be a lie that the Americans made up"(and, forgive me, but I imagine that there are a lot of people who would assume this stance....millions).

The 'disclosure movement', as I see it, do not seem to take this into consideration. Many people(I'll hazard a guess at 4/5ths of the Earth's population) simply would not believe that alien contact had occurred, indeed look around on ATS and you will see that a lot of members do not even trust academic scientific inquiry, the ultimate Pandora's box of conspiracies would be opened, we'd never hear the end of it, sheez.

As for me? How would I react? I don't know.

If I was an alien I'd just leave the inhabitants of Earth alone to their affairs, it's not worth the trouble.

edit on 19-10-2013 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

That's something I didn't think of - the skeptics. There could be one on television with blinking lights, and grey beings with big eyes looking out the windows and people would think it a plot from the government. Crop circles are a good example of this. Some refuse to believe they are anything but human made (all due to some being hoaxes).

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Yeah, personally I see it as a no-win situation. That is unless the aliens go to the trouble of landing literally everwhere, and even then people are going to think its an invasion and start shooting and blowing sh*t up. The aliens are better off going someplace else.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Yep - I bet if they have been watching at all they already know we are a paranoid trigger happy (aggressive) species. No other species I'm aware of on earth kills quite like humans do. Can you imagine if animals killed each other because they "might" take their resources or just because they are bigger so must be a threat and eliminated. Or because they are "different" god forbid. You make an excellent point. If they did come here they would be prepared for that I'm sure. And we would then blame them - because they have a defense.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Oh don't get me wrong....

Aliens could be perfectly lovely people....

I'm not one of those people who see evil
and mistrust in everything.. not at all..

I'd rather hug 'evil' than fear it.

I know a lot of people .. millions or hundreds
of millions maybe.. think that 'UFO's' are
a trick of satan.. and their mind shuts off.

I'd be utterly fascinated if real, friendly
space aliens carefully and lovingly showed
up.. even better if they are 'battlestar galactica'
lost tribe of humanity types.. or something else
'human enough' that we could understand them
a little..

floating gas bags that eat kittens for nutrition
and fart the alphabet through a voice decoder
box.. ah ok... aliens alright.. but not so huggable..

still fascinating though.

I agree.. nobody knows for sure..

I like your passion for the subject.

KPB

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Dianec
There could be one on television with blinking lights, and grey beings with big eyes looking out the windows and people would think it a plot from the government.

I'd probably think the same thing first to be honest. The governments have managed to become so badly untrustworthy that I'd probably be with the people around here trying to work out how it could've been hoaxed, if it ever happened like that.

Also, with computer effects being as good as they are nowadays, it's going to take a lot more than some tv footage and statements from government departments/agencies for many of us to be convinced. Some of us have spent so much time finding almost nothing but deception when we've researched that we'd probably not be happy enough until we'd actually met one or more of them face to face. (and even then, there's a smaller group that'd probably still wonder how the governments had pulled it off even at that stage!)

I suppose it's the type of thing that's naturally going to happen when we've spent so long being lied to. At the same time though it's probably more realistic to assume that real Aliens would have plenty of ways of proving it's them if they ever turned up, and almost definitely if you met one face to face.
edit on 19-10-2013 by robhines because: added

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

This universe is just a tiny cell in a much larger infrastructure,
and built by interns at that.

Puts me in mind of Campbell's My Big TOE...

But I don't want to stray too far off topic and hijack the thread...

Now our little corner of paradise? Quite the self-induced melodrama
going on here. We are so obsessed with death and suffering, and
causing as much of it as we can.. it's no wonder that only beings
interested in the psychotic-deathwish channel come here.

"Earth - The Ultimate Reality Show" probably gets pretty big ratings on that channel. You'd think as characters on that show we'd at least get paid something. Guess we're not quite up to Chumley standards though (or Chum Lee as his business cards say). Something to strive for perhaps...

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

I know. I criticize but I would be right there with you all trying to figure it out but secretly hoping it was the real thing. What I detest is the fact that military (the government) would immediately take something like this over so we would never be fully convinced without something more from them. I do wonder - if on private property could the government legally take over? Hopefully if they come they will go to a country that wouldn't get this government response so quickly. Mexico maybe. Or land in the middle of the ocean.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

I agree.

It, in my mind anyways, brings a perspective as to why any visiting ET's, if there are any, would do their utmost to remain out of the 'limelight'. And for some reason this ambiguity also fits in nicely with the mainstream notion that UFO's are bunk.
Is there a cover-up? Personally I believe so, but as to why? Your guess is a s good as mine.

At the end of the day, taken as a whole, how 'civilized' are we? Really though.....?

edit on 19-10-2013 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Dianec

I know. I criticize but I would be right there with you all trying to figure it out but secretly hoping it was the real thing. What I detest is the fact that military (the government) would immediately take something like this over so we would never be fully convinced without something more from them. I do wonder - if on private property could the government legally take over? Hopefully if they come they will go to a country that wouldn't get this government response so quickly. Mexico maybe. Or land in the middle of the ocean.

Seriously, it would be too dangerous for them to land. Someone would nuke them.
"Welcome to planet Earth". They'd be well advised to stay beyond the orbit of
the moon and broadcast. Hence my original point;

if a feeble intellect like mine can see how inadvisable it would be to land.
how advantageous it would be to stay in space.. then surely some alien
with a 300 IQ would be way ahead of me.

Seriously? Can anyone name a GREAT reason why aliens would just land first?
(if they were intelligent, wise and caring?) I sure can't.

Thus all these low altitude sightings MUST be explainable in a totally different
way.

KPB

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Well I have tried to imagine if it was me - visiting another planet. If I knew the species on it were unpredictable, always at war, fearful/jumpy, and had images of aliens as the enemy (assuming I would be able to tap into their technology and see what they send over airwaves), I would keep my distance. If I really wanted to study them I would do it in a very careful way - after studying the habits of these creatures (wooded areas, remote spots, the cover of darkness; integrating maybe). If some of them had made contact with me I would probably be pleased. I wouldn't know those making contact were the governments - just happy I had an "in". But with this - I think someone would have spoken by now.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Dianec

Well I have tried to imagine if it was me - visiting another planet. If I knew the species on it were unpredictable, always at war, fearful/jumpy, and had images of aliens as the enemy (assuming I would be able to tap into their technology and see what they send over airwaves), I would keep my distance. If I really wanted to study them I would do it in a very careful way - after studying the habits of these creatures (wooded areas, remote spots, the cover of darkness; integrating maybe). If some of them had made contact with me I would probably be pleased. I wouldn't know those making contact were the governments - just happy I had an "in". But with this - I think someone would have spoken by now.

You appear to be logical, reasonable and caring.
Are you projecting this mindset on the 'aliens'?

Gosh! Star Trek TNG would be a swell universe
in many ways! But even the enterprise crew
got jumped, experimented on and eaten
by black oil creatures (well Tasha Yahr did!).

KPB

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

The subject of ET contact, interventionism, and the theories of ET's having somehow being involved in human evolution/creation etc. These are complicated concepts. Conversely, the idea that some alien species was just navigating through space and happened to come across our little 'chimps tea party' here on Earth seems a bit off to me....either they are here, and have been for some time, or they're not here at all, that's my opinion.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Yes - definitely had a target for study if here - sent something in advance to observe (maybe that sent pictures back), and if wanted to know more planned a mission. I'm not sure who be believes they are cruising around in space but I wouldn't agree with that at all. So yep - they have either targeted this as a planet of interest or have not.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
This will never happen. It doesn't need to. They are here now, are coming back and forth all the time....and have always been here. Astronaut-scientist Story Musgrave has stated that they must be a billion years ahead of us. A BILLION years.

In only 100 years, we've gone from horse and carriage to flying into space....so we cant comprehend anything about them like your "War of the Worlds" scenario.

There will never be a "kum-ba-ya" arms-around-all-countries-in-the-world moment where a "disclosure" will happen...and be accepted by everyone.

I'm betting they don't use "space-ships" to fly around in, don't need our gold, don't need to enslave us, or are here to eat us either. To follow this tv-video world as though its real...is silly.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   

I'm just saying that say 1,000,000 weird and often scary
UFO sighting worldwide since the 50's.

That's a lot of sightings, for sure! However, the number is closer to 150 million reported UFO sightings (worldwide).

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

The subject of ET contact, interventionism, and the theories of ET's having somehow being involved in human evolution/creation etc. These are complicated concepts. Conversely, the idea that some alien species was just navigating through space and happened to come across our little 'chimps tea party' here on Earth seems a bit off to me....either they are here, and have been for some time, or they're not here at all, that's my opinion.

So how do you feel about the NUMEROUS scriptures, since the beginning of time, describing this scenario?

To clarify, I'm convinced that these ancient cultures, combined with the MASSIVE amount of physical evidence left behind, were visited just as we are being visited (and directed). I don't believe the aliens (not all anyway) have a non-interference policy. Now, that's not to say I believe that everything the aliens communicate to humans is real or truth.

It's like when Ben Kenobi tells Luke that Vader murdered Luke's father. I think aliens communicate in a way that will promote growth - like speaking down to a toddler. They know, and we SHOULD know, that "project earth" (or whatever you want to call it) is about YOU, not THEM...so stop asking for them to come hold our hands and get on with FIXING the damn world already! Focus!

We have the potential to make things great down here. Unfortunately, at least in America, we're taught how to compete in the rat race and, by the time we figure out what we SHOULD be doing, we're old, feeble, complacent, tired, apathetic, and most importantly, we've lost sight in our dreams and beliefs that we really CAN do it. So, we wait for leadership that never comes...

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by GEmersonBiggins

According to the United Nations, since 1947, approximately 150 million people have been witnesses to UFO sightings throughout the world

www.ufoevidence.org...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join