It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schwarzenegger intends to challenge law and run for president

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

The thing is though, the constitution is limiting, until that part of the constitution itself is altered. The USA is very, very young as a nation, and all the while there has been great changes throughout the world from the time the USA was created to the present, those great changes seem to make the US's constitution a little creaky in places, and so soon.
Don't get me wrong, the UK's unwritten constitution for instance, is far from perfect, but it's often in the conventions that say, a Catholic would not become Prime minister even with Catholic emancipation, while someone from any part of the commonwealth could just step on British soil, and be the next PM.
So what if Arnie, a Republican, turned out to have the popular vote everywhere in the US, that would be interesting, it might even unify the US outside of party politics if he was that popular, since he is Republican with a small R. while being of Austrian, Aryan stock.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Everyone with half a brain knows the guy was born in austria, with no american parents. Hell, he wrote all about it in some of his own books.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

ColCurious
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Do not make a guy from austria your leader!

I repeat:

Do not make a guy from austria your leader!

Your post made my day. TY.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
TV news today reported that AH-NOLD tweeted that he's just fine with the Constitution as it is and he has no intentions to run. So .... AH-NOLD will not be running.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

FlyersFan
TV news today reported that AH-NOLD tweeted that he's just fine with the Constitution as it is and he has no intentions to run. So .... AH-NOLD will not be running.

The run would have been interesting. I'm curious to see if he'd win.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
If Arnold was to be elected, I could see things going in a much lighter path! We need Obama to stand down,
We need the right person to run the USA as it reflects the whole world! Someone who is more conscious and can actually lead the people to where we need to be!

P.s I am from Australia.
edit on 19-10-2013 by kangajack because: mm

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

kangajack
If Arnold was to be elected, I could see things going in a much lighter path! We need Obama to stand down, even if someone was to kill him who would care?

We need the right person to run the USA as it reflects the whole world! Someone who is more conscious and can actually lead the people to where we need to be!

P.s I am from Australia.

You're going to be in trouble for saying that. The hysterical types will report you.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Oh my god, just like they said in Demolition Man

Ah, nvm.. read the rest of the thread.
edit on 19-10-2013 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

cenpuppie
Oh my god, just like they said in Demolition Man

I never saw that movie. What did they say?

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Restricted

That Arnold got the law changed and became president

But Taco Bell was the swanky of the swanky for restaurants too.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

superman2012

starfoxxx
Quite comical tenth good thread, I needed a laugh. All I have to say is,

I'll pass....

The governator can't even keep it in his pants with a house maid while he had a beautiful rich wife and family.
A man that can't control his second head is a man that does not need to control the country.. Born here or not..

Did you happen to know that JFK is one of the most popular past presidents? Also Clinton is in the top ten. Obviously, affairs have no bearing on their ability to be POTUS otherwise I would've expected Bush Jr. and Obama to have a harem following them.

OH IM SO SORRY, asking for a morally right man that can stay faithful to his wife I think is NOT TO MUCH to ask of OUR president.. If they want to screw everything that walks then don't get married and make that commitment. That is the problem with the country, men with NO integrity in the white house and congress look how much this country has went down the crap hole.. Again if a man can't control his sexual urges, then I do NOT want him to control my country... I don't give one flying flip how popular, hip, or cool, they might be for screwing around on their wife! It's sick

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

thank you, I did not really think about that whole side of things, edited op.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Does anyone but me remember how bad a governor he was???

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
People can try to split hairs and put whatever spin they like on it but as an outsider looking in it looks pretty clear cut - under the current Constitution Arnie can't become POTUS.

I know 'The Constitution' is a hallowed thing in the USA - but it's not perfect, as proven by the various subsequent Amendments.
Obviously there is due protocol and procedure for making any such Amendments to The Constitution - if those protocols and procedures are not followed then surely it is illegal and 'Unconstitutional', isn't it?

I can only speak from my own viewpoint, but why would anyone even consider such a move?
Notwithstanding Schwarzenegger's personal lack of credibility and integrity and obvious unsuitability to be the 'leader' of the world's superpower why would anyone want someone who was not just born but also raised in a completely different country and continent to be the 'leader' of their nation? - I know I wouldn't.

And for such a basic and fundamental amendment to your Constitution shouldn't it be the 'people' who decide in some sort of referendum? Or is that being too democratic?

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Maybe some day I can be president of the USA
I used to torture whole colony's of ants when i was younger I'm sure i qualify.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

cenpuppie

That Arnold got the law changed and became president

But Taco Bell was the swanky of the swanky for restaurants too.

And Stallone's character said that the words "President Schwarzenegger" hurt his ears.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

The US Constitution is pretty clear in this regard:

The constitution is pretty clear on a lot of things. Few of them have been honored and many have been completely ignored, if not outright trampled on.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by starfoxxx

I think the differences are the men who can still make their marriage and commitment to their spouse work. People live lives, make choices - sometimes stupid ones. I doubt even the elite are any more or less as human as the rest of us and screw up. I don't know these people personally, nor play the games of intrigue they do to climb the social ladders. That is their lifestyle choice. The one I wonder about is the marriage that didn't work which points to lies and deceptions that are unforgivable.

So no - I wouldn't be voting for Mr. Arnold. I would attempt a spelling of his last name but I would fail, apologies.

CdT

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Unfortunately this might happen because the Reps learned that Americans vote by charismatic star-appeal, not by rational consideration. No purely rational human being would vote for Obama or Arnie.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

No purely rational human being would vote for Obama or Arnie.

Or Carter, or Reagan, or Bush, or Bush.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join