It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Is the IQ of Ashkenazi Jews So High

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Then why does israel have a mere 12 Nobel laureates since 1966,
yet even France has double that ?
If laureates are a reflection of IQ this shows that israel isnt doing
very well.
by country

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Success in life has a lot to do with attitude, not just IQ or social aptitude. People who're self-motivated tend to be driven from inside, not outside. There're a bazillion stories out there about people who rose up above adversity and persevered. They don't let life tell them what to do or think. No matter how bad things are outside, they never let it hold them down until their heart stops beating.

Anyway, nobody should use their IQ as an excuse to sit on their butt. There're people with Down Syndrome finding work in this economy, so it's not an excuse to be unemployed. However, I don't think anybody expects somebody with subpar IQ to get a nobel prize or become a doctor or produce a unified theory for physics.

One other thing is low IQ doesn't mean you can't have an interest in science. Low IQ doesn't mean you're automatically a grunt and must act like one.
edit on 20-10-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Success in life has a lot to do with attitude, not just IQ or social aptitude. People who're self-motivated tend to be driven from inside, not outside. There're a bazillion stories out there about people who rose up above adversity and persevered. They don't let life tell them what to do or think. No matter how bad things are outside, they never let it hold them down until their heart stops beating. Anyway, nobody should use their IQ as an excuse to sit on their butt. There're people with Down Syndrome finding work in this economy, so it's not an excuse to be unemployed. However, I don't think anybody expects somebody with subpar IQ to get a nobel prize or become a doctor or produce a unified theory for physics.

No disagreement. I've got a relative with an IQ in the low 80's who's never been unemployed or in trouble with the law and who owns her own home. A work ethic, care with money and honest nature can make up for a lot.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Looks like there's some decent health tips on the first page (and maybe others, not checked yet), just wanted to say thanks for sharing. Will hopefully be following some of that up later on.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Natural selection.

I mean for the last 5000 odd years everyone wanted to kill them.
1) It was because there were a group of nomads that could be exploited (Egypt)
2) Then it was because they were a whinny annoying country Israel picking fights with everyone (1600-586 BC)
3) The three were a group of nomad and slaves again
3) Then they got their country back 539 BC as a vassal state and then lost it by 73CE became annoying again and started a fight with Romans and most got slaughtered.
4) Then it been 2000 years of nomads being chased round the round being killed and worse getting on the bad side of the NAZI's.
5) Now they have an annoying whinny country again trying to pick fights.

I guess in all that time the stupid ones ended up dying off and the smart ones who made themselves invaluable with a skill or entwined themselves with the banks and economy’s that purging them would be suicide.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I have no idea but an IQ test score only shows how good you are at IQ tests. It isn't a predictor of intelligence.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
The reason is that their trades and business practises required intelligence, in Medieval Europe Jews were prohibited from owning land and joining trade guilds, and thus their society could not support those who were most suited to such work, and they were unable to marry and their genes went out of the pool.

The most successful were the shrewdest and most ruthless practitioners of trade or those that could be an asset in book keeping and drawing up of contractual agreements, thus the bankers, business men, accountants and lawyers that today are masters of all they survey.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by cathar

Its not. One thing I have learned about IQ is it varies by age and by race. For instance in the US we have had some very bright Indian students who had amazing IQ's in their preteens and just after puberty. However by the time they hit High school they had the exact same IQ as everyone else.

There is a lot more to IQ then people understand. Genetics and age both play a part it is not consistent through out your lifetime.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Thanks ! As an Ashkenazi Jew I'd like to think its
due to the necessity of figuring out ways
to not get killed by all the Foes we've
encountered with as a people over the eons.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by bastion

I have no idea but an IQ test score only shows how good you are at IQ tests. It isn't a predictor of intelligence.

Sighs melodramatically.

I keep seeing this. The vast bulk of psych PhD's disagree with you, as I proved in an earlier post. IQ tests equate very well with your life outcome. Please go back a few pages!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by cathar

Could it be that all the less intelligent ones allowed themselves to be killed? Survival of the fittist?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join