It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan troops"In biggest ceasefire violation in 10 years"(India)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Didn't see this covered yet so-
The Pakistani Army has been shooting across the border,and making incursions at 25 locations says this article:

Jammu:
In the biggest ceasefire violation along the International Border in a decade, Pakistani soldiers opened fire at Border Security Force (BSF) posts at 25 different locations in the Samba district of Jammu and Kashmir last night.
Sources in the BSF say they have asked for a flag meeting to lodge formal protest but are awaiting response from Pakistan.

www.ndtv.com...
Read the updates on the page for more info on the events.
Not good-What are they up to this time?

Edit for a couple of extra links on the matter:
news.xinhuanet.com...
freepresskashmir.com...

edit on 19/10/2013 by Silcone Synapse because: extra words added

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
25 locations at once? That's no harassment and wake up nonsense like often happens over the LOC, that's a coordinated action by the sound of it. Uh Oh.... I hope, just a message and not an omen.

Of all the flash points on the global map I most dread hearing about REAL conflict in? That hits the top 3 with no particular order given at that level.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Things could explode quickly.

Literally.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Pakistan blames US drone strikes as terror. I thought this story revelent to this thread... ( I think lol)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The US has quietly decided to release more than $1.6bn (£1bn) in military and economic aid to Pakistan that was suspended when relations between the two countries disintegrated over the covert raid that killed Osama Bin Laden

These two threads were next to each other.

-USA gives $1.6 billion military and economic aid to Pakistan.
-Pakistan violates ceasefire.

Damn.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Here we go again! I wonder how long it will take to escalate to threatening each other with nuclear missiles? It's happened before. One of these times either India or Pakistan will push the button- and then all hell will break loose in the entire region. Let's hope it doesn't come to that this go around!

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
25 locations at once? That's no harassment and wake up nonsense like often happens over the LOC, that's a coordinated action by the sound of it. Uh Oh.... I hope, just a message and not an omen.

Of all the flash points on the global map I most dread hearing about REAL conflict in? That hits the top 3 with no particular order given at that level.

I hear you Wrabbit,Its a potential powderkeg in that whole area..
Last thing the world needs is more chaos,but hey we are on the road to entropy,and that means more chaos.
I think less religious extremism may slow that entropy of our world,but hey,WTF do I know..

Sorry for grumping.

edit on 19/10/2013 by Silcone Synapse because: sp

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

snowspirit
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The US has quietly decided to release more than $1.6bn (£1bn) in military and economic aid to Pakistan that was suspended when relations between the two countries disintegrated over the covert raid that killed Osama Bin Laden

These two threads were next to each other.

-USA gives $1.6 billion military and economic aid to Pakistan.
-Pakistan violates ceasefire.

Damn.

Well spotted snowspirit,

Good lord,thats a smack in the face to the USA in anyones book...
Shady shennanegans are happening.

Not good-The US should bounce that check when they try to cash it IMO.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

After the IMF meeting in murica during the shutdown - Oct 11 -13 - the IMF ups the debt ceiling and has murica send 1.6 billion to Pakistan to start a war with India (India of the BRICS that want a world bank to rival the IMF).

Boy, the FED REserve and the IMF certainly want a world war as they are being challenged for their financial "monopoly" of the world and to keep the USD as the oil peg dollar.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

It's more than religion there now. That used to be the core and heart of the Kashmir quagmire, for lack of a better term ..but Kashmir now sits astride a route China intends to literally reshape regional and global history with. Perhaps they told their Pakistani allies to turn up the heat for some reason? Could be a deal running behind the scenes on something we don't know about ..and this was a hard shove in negotiations?

Pakistan, China sign deal to build 200-km-long tunnel through PoK

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Silcone Synapse

Last thing the world needs is more chaos

I would disagree. Chaos is exactly what the world needs right now, and in heavy portion. Chaos precipitates change, and thats what the world needs in a major way; change, on a global scale.

Before the world ever becomes a better place, people in general need to be shaken to their cores, bucking them out of the established order (mindset) that dominates them and their actions, and allows the world to be as it is currently; unstable, divisive, misery just being par for the course, etc.

While I may disagree with the method in which that chaos erupts, it has to come via some way, or all youll get is more of the same, and more wishing, hoping, and praying, that things would change.

edit on 10/19/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yep, China Is the hidden hand in this. There have been conflicts between the Indian/Sino border in recent years as China pushes their boundaries ever Westward towards the oil rich nations of the Middle East.

I wonder if part of the debt deal with China was for the US to release $1.6B in foreign aid in exchange for Pakistan to fire up some border conflicts? This would draw India's troops and attentions towards that border and away from China. The capture of Kashmir would directly link Pakistan and her Indian ocean ports to China. See the map here - maps.google.com...

That's how I read it in terms of strategy - it works to the benefit of Beijing. India would take one hell of a beating between both Pakistan and China.
edit on 19-10-2013 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Happy1

After the IMF meeting in murica during the shutdown - Oct 11 -13 - the IMF ups the debt ceiling and has murica send 1.6 billion to Pakistan to start a war with India (India of the BRICS that want a world bank to rival the IMF).

Boy, the FED REserve and the IMF certainly want a world war as they are being challenged for their financial "monopoly" of the world and to keep the USD as the oil peg dollar.

Meanwhile, Canada, and I think also Australia, probably Russia too, supply India with their uranium .....

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Along with granting the Jews land smack dab in the Arab Holy Land after World War II they also drew a line between India and Pakistan that has been contested right up until today. Regular skirmishes along that border have broken out ever since. Not that the Brits had a clue what they were doing (maybe they did). Religious fervor is most assuredly part of the equation, too.

However, both sides are nuclear armed and Mutual Assured Destruction (MAD) hangs over their heads just like during the wider "Cold" war between the US and the Soviets.

Like that era when The Soviet Union and US traded "Cold" blows in remote places like Vietnam, the Indians and Pakistanis also need a place to train their troops and test weapons.

Very cold and remote in those mountains. Good place for a little "Cold" war. Even when not shooting the border bristles with guard posts and weapons. All this time its been like that. Bristling, waiting, pointing...

Escalating to MAD proportions would ruin it for both sides and they know it.

Edit to add: Maybe the big con spiracy here should be who is supplying India wtih the arms?

top arms buyer
edit on 19-10-2013 by intrptr because: link

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000

It's more than religion there now. That used to be the core and heart of the Kashmir quagmire, for lack of a better term ..but Kashmir now sits astride a route China intends to literally reshape regional and global history with. Perhaps they told their Pakistani allies to turn up the heat for some reason? Could be a deal running behind the scenes on something we don't know about ..and this was a hard shove in negotiations?

Again,I hear you Sensi Wrabbit.
I have similar ideas on China I think.
While our western governments use 1984 and brave new world as handbooks for control of their own populaces,China.gov already have that long nailed,so they look to Sun Tzu for their long term global strategy to become the number one bank of the planet.

By any means,behind the curtains...

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

This took me a bit to wrap my mind around as the sheer scope of what China is doing and planning to do here is ..well? Unprecedented would be, for once, a true and accurate term. Using a map here... (Ignore all but the map itself....it's showing Chinese plans to look at Afghanistan connection)

POK is the Pakistani side of the Line of Control/Kashmir separation. Pakistan controls it and they have some connection with tunnels and highways now (some new ones are impressive too) between China and the low lands of Pakistan out to the Indian Ocean.

China recently acquired control of the Gwadar deep shipping port on the Pakistani coast, as well...and so, what has all this got to do with anything? What will, if completed, redefine trade and geography for Asia as a whole....that is what China is doing in that spot of land.

Kashmir happens to sit astride the western end of the Himalaya Mountains. A natural and pretty much insurmountable barrier for all of history and man's development.

200km? 18 billion in cost? If you run a line across the most formidable mountain range in the world? You see...they're going to tunnel UNDER it...with all the accouterments of modern high volume transportation considered.

China wants outlets West ...and Russia is full of Russians. Afghanistan is a loooong desert to cross (although you see they're considering that too)

.....but Pakistan? Awww.. They just have to tunnel under POK/Kashmir. It's now a global strategic point, not just religious.

edit on 19-10-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Hasn't China built a huge seaport in Pakistan, that is mired in all kinds of problems? Especially, trying to keep the Pakistans out of it? It's all fenced off?

Kind of like the chinese seaport in Long Beach, CA?

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Great research there Wrabbit! I hadn't really studied it per se, just run across articles that confirmed my suspicions. With what you added here I think it is all about connecting to the Indian Ocean and the oil of the ME through Kashmir.
The seizure of Tibet was my first clue - the Chinese plan very, very long range. There are no resources to speak of there, only political liabilities. Reaching the Indian subcontinent was the only rational conclusion that could be drawn from it.

As important as this is I doubt 1 in 10,000 people in the US would have an inking of what's going on or for that matter even be able to point out on a map where it is. The MSM really does farm us like mushrooms, don't they?

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

I believe this is the one you mean...and I'm going to leave off the topic with this, since I feel like I'm drifting from the original topic? Still it's all related in that part of the world and I couldn't help but note just how key Kashmir has become when everyone was very busy, focused elsewhere.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000

And guess where this new dam is going to be built by Pakistan with our tax dollars. You guessed it! In Kashmir.

The Indian Embassy in Islamabad declined to comment directly but it pointed to a statement that the government of India issued in 2006, after the Diamer Basha project was first proposed. That statement said India had officially protested to Pakistan, as the dam would be "in territory that is part of the State of Jammu & Kashmir, which is an integral part of India by virtue of its accession to it in 1947."

www.jewishworldreview.com...

My My, so I guess China was pushing Obama on this one too! They need power for the pumping stations to supply all those oil pipelines they plan to go through Kashmir. Lets see just what India has to really say about all this news soon.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join