It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello from the Midwest!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Hello everyone!

I decided to bite the bullet and become a registered member after lurking for what seems like an eternity. I have always been impressed with the amount of intelligent and analytical people here. You guys blow my mind on a regular basis. I hope to be able to join in on some of the conversations and expand my mind a little more.

I must admit..I'm slightly scared to actually "talk" here. I'm a shy person by nature and the possibility of making myself sound like a rambling idiot in a public forum makes me a little anxious.

A little about me:

I live in the middle of nowhere with 32 chickens, 2 dogs and 3 other humans. We are working towards being totally self-sufficient(it's a LONG road). I am an avid reader(The Little Prince is my all-time favorite), a music nerd, a lover of rockabilly culture, a truth seeker and a pretty darn good cook!

Shew! I think I covered the basics.

Let the good times roll! :-)
nikki

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by nikkib0421

Welcome. We've been waiting for you.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Thank you!

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Welcome, Nikki! Here are some good links to help you on your journey here at ATS...

Terms and Conditions

Complaints and How to Contact ATS Staff

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

If you have any questions, feel free to private message me. And above all else, have fun and enjoy your stay.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Thank you for the welcome and the links. I will check then out!

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Welcome Nikki,

The fact you are cognizant in the power of words generally means you will wield them wisely.

The worlds a stage. What's your role?

Stay Sacred.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

You're welcome, Nikki.

For now you can reply to any thread in any forum you wish, as well as send & receive Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Good luck and have fun.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS nikkib0421. Glad you joined us.

Not to worry most of us don't bite, be yourself.

Oh yes and BTW, when the SHTF we're all coming to your house.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

Thank you! I am thinking your questions may have been rhetorical. For the sake of making my reply a little more meaningful I am going to pretend it wasn't. My role is evolving. It used to be one of a quiet bystander watching and processing. I have to say...it served me very well for the past 32 years. However, the more I delve into certain topics and understand certain issues....I am becoming more outspoken and doing my best to share my knowledge with less fortunate.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Once again, thank you. I guess I need to work on getting my 20 posts in. I have started an outline of what will be my first thread. I've decided to jump in with both feet!

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

That's admirable.

I thought the same but what I've learned interacting on this site, is the more I think I know the more humbled I become.

As you've stated yourself, there is quite the level of intellect circulating here. A lot of the polar opposite too lol.
I have been participating on this site for years and what I stated above is more true today than it was 5 years ago.

This place just attracts genius and that's why I love it. It's still blows my mind that on a daily, even though I don't always know it, I'm hobnobbing with some of the most brilliant and successful minds on this planet. I have yet to find this quality anywhere else.

Which of course makes this place a target. Something to keep in mind.

Stay Sacred.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Hey...thank you!

When it does happen...the more the merrier! We have homemade wine, lots of guitars and other fun stuff. Just bring some extra supplies and we are good to go!

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Welcome from a fellow rockabilly fan.

Robert Gordon & Chris Speding

Imelda

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

You are right! I am a fairly intelligent person. However, the concentrated amount of genius if this site is intimidating, to say the least.

I will do my best to not dilute the waters.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ColeYounger

Yay! Thanks for the welcome and the links!

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS from a fellow quiet, midwestern, country-person

Nice to have more of your kind here

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ColeYounger

I had a chance to watch both videos and they're great. I am in LOVE with the first one, though. I will be listening to it ALL DAY! thanks!

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by unb3k44n7

Thank you is much! I look forward to seeing you around.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Hey there. Glad you joined us. I'm shy too.

Have some welcome fruit

I hope you enjoy your stay.

-nat the blue eyed cat-

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Thank you Nat!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join