It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Check Out This Weird Website I Found....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
This website seems like gibberish but the deeper you go in the weirder it becomes.

wwwwwwww.jodi.org...

What do ATSer's make of it?

ALS

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Looks at the page source (ctrl-u).

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

I think I will pick my nose and bring it to peoples attention and ask what they think about it.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Most of it looks like gibberish about NATO carpet bombing Europe (I think)

Just one more random webpage in the vastness of the internet.

simply put, looks like crap.
edit on 19-10-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
It will refresh and try to open some popup windows.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Yeah I wouldnt trust it. Its a tarp.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

ALOSTSOUL
This website seems like gibberish but the deeper you go in the weirder it becomes.

wwwwwwww.jodi.org...

ALS

Clicking around and viewing source from some of the pages reveals some references to the game Quake. It will also d/l a file to your system (Ctrl-space.zip) which I've d/l'd but not looked at, and some other nonsense. The completely blacked out page seems to want to perform some actions (after viewing source) but nothing happened on my system.

Who knows...probably nonsense or malware. I'm sure someone here can figure it out if they so desire...

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Riffrafter

ALOSTSOUL

wwwwwwww.jodi.org...

ALS

Clicking around and viewing source from some of the pages reveals some references to the game Quake. It will also d/l a file to your system (Ctrl-space.zip) which I've d/l'd but not looked at, and some other nonsense. The completely blacked out page seems to want to perform some actions (after viewing source) but nothing happened on my system.

Who knows...probably nonsense or malware. I'm sure someone here can figure it out if they so desire...

I downloaded the file, used several AVs to scan it, it appears clean (but you never know). Upon further inspection, I browsed the contents without unzipping, and it appears to be a folder containing someone's Quake (video game) configurations.

I would guess that the page was probably set up by a clan, or a person involved in Quake, and it hosts a Quake config. The rest is probably meant to just "look cool". I could be wrong, but that is my expert analysis

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Here's a trippy site:

zoomquilt

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by supermarket2012

I would guess that the page was probably set up by a clan, or a person involved in Quake, and it hosts a Quake config. The rest is probably meant to just "look cool". I could be wrong, but that is my expert analysis

Thanks supermarket. That's my opinion as well. It would be helpful if the OP could tell us how he came across this site, but at the end of the day it's probably not anything too weird or nefarious...

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

ColeYounger
Here's a trippy site:

zoomquilt

That is definitely pretty cool - thanks!

Wish it took a little longer to loop back on itself - I was enjoying the ride.

Reminded me of a Clive Barker book I read years ago - Weaveworld.

(Note to self: hyphen much?)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ColeYounger

Quality.
Second

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

ColeYounger
Here's a trippy site:

zoomquilt

Takes a while to adjust back again after seeing that through.

Cool site

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

ALOSTSOUL

wwwwwwww.jodi.org...

ALS

It wasn't just "found" by you.

Cracked.com told you about it...

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
so after i see this post I go to cracked.com and they have a new article entitled "The 5 most aggressively crazy websites on the internet" and number three includes wwwwwwww.jodi.org which is, according to them, part of an "art collective" called Jodi. They don't give the address for any of the other sites involved in the collective however.

cracked article

here's their wikipedia entry

en.wikipedia.org...(art_collective)

so that file is an artistic mod for Quake
edit on 10/19/2013 by Josephus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mwood

dang it. I was excited by my two favorite sites coinciding so randomly and you beat me to it.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

Thank you for reminding me the name of that book. I remember the story from time to time, but can never remember an author or title. That is one of my favorite fictions.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Thanks for a myriad of dancing pop-up boxes on the red page. However, close one and that stops the dancing, then you need to close them all.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

tamusan
reply to post by Riffrafter

Thank you for reminding me the name of that book. I remember the story from time to time, but can never remember an author or title. That is one of my favorite fictions.

You're welcome.

He's a terrific author. At the time I was devouring books by Barker, Stephen King and Dan Simmons. Simmons splits the Sci-Fi/Horror genre and his Hyperion Cantos and Ilium/Olympos novels are some of the best writing & stories (sci-fi or otherwise) you'll ever find if you're not already familiar with him. King needs no introductions...and his Dark Tower series is simply amazing.

BTW - Easiest way to get me OT is to talk about books/writing...

new topics

top topics

join