It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Increase your chances to dream? I think I stumbled upon a way.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I ran across a post the other day that talked about activating your pineal gland. There were some dietary suggestions in terms of supplements that should prove beneficial for those wishing to increase thier chances of opening the "Third Eye".

I happen to belive that the Pineal Gland (Third Eye) is also closely related to dreaming so I compared what was layed out with what I already had incorporated into my diet. I noticed that I had no source of Iodine, which I used to partake of daily, either through supplements or eating seaweed snacks. For some reason I had cut it out of my diet over a month ago and I went from dreaming nightly to 1 dream in a span of 30 days.
This no doubt disturbed me because I had cut out plenty of bad practices in that time only to find myself hit a wall.

I connected the two, Seaweed is a natural source of Iodine, so that evening I went home and took a couple of Kelp pills(no seaweed available). I had a vivid dream with full recall that night. So I tested it again the following evening with success having two dreams along with partial recall. I think I'm onto something so this is the third day and I'm posting this info for everyone to read.

After further searching online I found that others had also had similar experiences when supplementing with Iodine. With everything there is some sort of health risk, I understand someone will jump on here with warnings about how dangerous it is so do your own research and make judgement call. Just remember anything if taken in too great a quantity can be harmful, but if you have a block in regards to dreaming this could help you get past it.

If anyone has any other helpful tips for dreaming I'd be more than happy to hear some successes. Particularly if this happened to have helped you.

Thanks for your time!

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by QuietSpeech

Although not the point of your thread, I would like to call out that if you had two dream recalls back to back its probably a good thing to write them both down and reflect.

There is a very high chance those dreams are related. A continuation if you will, even if the dream content is completely different, there is almost always a progression of emotions that can be linked.

As for seaweed, ill give it a try. Also plane on getting salve fish oil too.
edit on 19-10-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
If you want to dream, wear socks to bed.

You're welcome

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jarrodpace

Socks?! Really? lol

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

I keep a journal of sorts but I was unaware that back to back dreams were connected in some manner, I will look into that. Thanks!

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

QuietSpeech
reply to post by Rosinitiate

I keep a journal of sorts but I was unaware that back to back dreams were connected in some manner, I will look into that. Thanks!

It happened to me while on a cruise ship heading to Bermuda. 3 days in a row, so vivid i wrote each down immediately upon waking. It wasn't until after the third dream the something clicked. I went had breakfast out on the top deck and brought my journal. It was then i was able to put it together.

The entire series was literally a new life direction and the peace of mind I needed to embrace it. I think my subconscious or eternal spark was genuinely concerned I wouldn't go forward with it, hence the trilogy.
edit on 19-10-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Thank you for the info. I was not familiar with the use of Iodine for dreaming.

I use high dose Vitamin B6. Many years ago I was reading a book written by a psychiatrist who proposed certain increase or decrease in various nutrients depending on the diagnosis. This is where I learned Vit. B6 tended to increase dream recall.

I bought some and my family took it as well, without knowing the reason I bought them. A couple days later I overheard my daughter and her father talking about all the dreams they had been having. It was too funny. It took me about a week but it does work.

Will try the iodine though along with the B6.

Noticed someone suggested your record your dreams. You should take that to heart. If you don't already know how to interpret them,then learn. Usually your first instinct is correct so don't over think.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

I do take B6 but for other reasons, I did not realize it was associated with dream recall. That is great! I like learning all of these little things.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

If anyone has any other helpful tips for dreaming I'd be more than happy to hear some successes.

Two words: Video games. They have been linked to lucid dreaming, the best kind of dreams.

The first study suggested that people who frequently played video games were more likely to report lucid dreams, observer dreams where they viewed themselves from outside their bodies, and dream control that allowed people to actively influence or change their dream worlds – qualities suggestive of watching or controlling the action of a video-game character.

livescience.com

I have been gaming for more than twenty years, believe me it works.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Thecakeisalie

That was a great article, I found this part to be particularly interesting.

"In other words, a scary nightmare scenario turned into something "fun" for a gamer.

What happens with gamers is that something inexplicable happens," Gackenbach explained. "They don't run away, they turn and fight back. They're more aggressive than the norms."

Pretty awesome find!

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
S+F! I have wondered about this for quite some time. I was even going to start a thread on it, so thank you for posting. I used to have some of the most vivid dreams, but I haven't had a dream that I can remember for a long time. I will try adding a little iodine to my diet and will report the results.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

You wanna dream? Drink milk.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I, like another poster, have not had dreams I can recall for years apon years.

So far in the thread I have leared I need to take a kelp, iodine, vitamin B6 and milk cocktail, put some warm fuzy socks on my feet and hit the xbox before turning in for the night. Lol

There may actually be some merit to the sock thingy. My wife will not wear socks to bed, she says it gives her nightmares. Tried it with no effect.
I will also state that as a child I had TERRIBLE nightmares. I didn't grow up in a very religious home but I did the only thing I could think of at the time. I prayed about it and slept with a small New Testament under my pillow.
The nightmares stopped as well as most other dreams. There have been only a handfull of dreams I actually remeber in the last 32 years .

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I thought with all of the iodized salt I eat I should remember more than one dream every few months so looked it up and iodized salt is aparantly not a good source of iodine. Learn something new every day. I'll try this seaweed thing - if I can find it, and report back if I remember a dream.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

I heard of a few ways you can increase your chances to dream, some will work for some, some for others, or maybe none of the above

1. take a nap mid day, or go back to sleep after you have been awake for a while

2. keep a dream journal after you wake up, it will promote memory recall for next time

yeah, that's all I got that I can think off off hand at the moment, there are a few other experimental things you can do not often heard of, but these are the two more relevant ways

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
If you want to have some seriously funky dreams, wear a piece of jewelry that has a genuine moldavite in it.
It's the only gemstone of extra terrestrial origin.
They are very hard to remember upon waking though, so absolutely have a dream journal.
Also pink and rubellalite tourmaline opens up some dark places in the dream world. .
It's supposed to be a good stone for many things, but I fell asleep with one on once, and it was dark stuff.
I wore it a few more times to be sure it was the stone. It might just be this stones vibration.
But they were some creepy dreams.

Moldavite is the way to go in my opinion.
I do have prophetic dreams, but I don't think moldavite brings those kinds of dreams on. More like glimpses of past lives.
edit on 10/19/13 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Restricted

I have also read that you can eat cheese before sleeping and it will help induce dreams. So seeing that milk is suggested makes completed sense.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by PtolemyII

I had never heard of Moldavite, thank you for sharing, from what I've read it seems like something worth looking into. Thanks!

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by unb3k44n7

That would be great! I have had at least one dream each day since I've started back up with the Kelp and seaweed. Now to work on my recall.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Oooooh. Interesting. I am always on the look-out for different ways to affect my dream life. I believe there is NOTHING more effective, however, as intent to remember and vividly recall dreams. Intent, more than nutrition. I have tried various herbal substances, like Damiana, Skullcap, Mugwort (disgusting tasting stuff...not recommended), Wormwood (also, euchy!), Valerian Root, and so on. They all had an effect, they all helped....but I think only as far as my intent would let them!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join