It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Gun Lets Police Shoot DNA pellets

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Glorified micro paint ball gun. Just another way for police to waste of bunch of money.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I can think of nothing nefarious this thing can be used for. Afterall, our skin is not porous or anything, nothing is ever a danger of sinking into the skin and doing some unintended damage right?

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by skyblueworld

I certainly agree with that. Love the avatar by the way!

Gave you a star just for that...

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

It doesn't inject DNA - it just coats the person's skin and clothing with synthetic DNA. If they want to do any injecting they could just use regular dart guns.

www.selectadna.co.uk...

It's no different from those invisible ink marking systems.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

After reading this new police state control item, I come to the conclusion that it has nothing to do with crime, as we know that when it comes to criminals police shot first and then ask questions later, this is more for crowd control, riots and protest, a nice way to shot at will and get as many individuals as possible to be able to keep the list of "undesirables growing" as obviously the police can not shot to kill people on riots and protest at will, combine with the face recognition, DNA, NSA data mining and national ID, no longer an implantable Rchip will be needed anymore.

America the nation of the free is nothing but a scam a joke and corporate dictatorship.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
In my opinion this is nothing more than a paintball gun that shoots really expensive paintballs.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I was hoping for something like the heat seekers from Runaway, I am disappointed and gently weeping into my cornflakes.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
It'll be like Christmas once they find some protesters to try it on and track.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Forget about the semantics on whether this thing injects or steals your DNA or whatever.

This thing fires synthetic DNA. SYNTHETIC DNA. This alone raises alarm for me. WTF are they doing creating synthetic DNA, when they barely understand the natural stuff? Do they know about potential side effects/long term problems?

What I found most disturbing is that the biggest advertised purpose of this thing is for crowd control. I've noticed an increase in the past few years of law enforcement buying or investing in crowd and riot control, more so than any other aspects of law enforcement. Are they expecting a large increase of civil unrest on a massive scale that they think is unpreventable?

Another thing to consider: accuracy and the tagging of the wrong person. Cops aren't always ace shooters, and in a crowd situation, it is nearly impossible unless you are a sniper or expert marksman to be certain you are hitting the correct target. In the chaos civil unrest, where people are running around, it would be quite easy to hit the wrong people, tagging innocent people who aren't doing anything wrong. Given that cops show little discretion when firing real lethal rounds, I certainly don't expect them to use discretion in firing "non lethal" rounds. The potential for abuse is staggering. Can this stuff be washed off? How long does it stay on a person's skin?

Drones. Microwave energy canons to cause pain and distress. Pellets that tag people with fake DNA. Jeez. Welcome to 21st century America.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

This wont last long at all... The Supreme Court has ruled we have to have a warrant in order to attach a tracking device to a vehicle... This technology goes one step beyond and should be banned.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   

This is true and what I heard though my resources that you will be also marked with a RFID implant to.

The gun issue is no longer a worry for the PCG either using this type of means. With a touch of a buttom transmitted to your chip U will be killed.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Bone75

blueyezblkdragon
Sounds horrible.
Instead of making guns we couldn't create a giant waterpark or the largest cinema in the universe. No it really had to be this?
If we can make guns like this we could really overcome any obstacle in our ever expanding universe.
we can go to the moon but we as a race can't find peace.

I hope that everyone reading this comment takes the 2 seconds required to go back and star your post.

Why? No one is making guns like this. As has been pointed out, the whole article is blatantly wrong and sensational. It's like seeing a 5mph wind and then making an article about the storm of the century that will kill us all.

There is no DNA. The "DNA" does not enter anyone's blood. It's more like a paintball gun with specialized paint that has unique markers that prevent people from claiming exposure from something other than the pellet.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Xcathdra

This wont last long at all... The Supreme Court has ruled we have to have a warrant in order to attach a tracking device to a vehicle... This technology goes one step beyond and should be banned.

No it doesn't, and there is no tracking device. It's similar to using paint bombs on money to tell who stole it.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
They will have plenty of DNA alright, all over the road when people show up with real guns.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

skyblueworld
reply to post by Riffrafter

Probably the military.

DHS, CIA, NSA, DIA, FEMA, Meteorological office, school crossing attenants, meter maids and road sweepers ...basically anyone they decide has a right to shoot at you?

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
So what is the fuss, times change. Not so many years ago no one knew of DNA and in the years to come every tagging system in use today will seem funny and cute. Nothing we can do about it so just get on with life, big brother has won this war a long time ago.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Oh ya its a brave new world in the making out there. Not quite the one your grandad and grandma grew up in. And its getting stranger each year. Funny how most of our technological advances we still cant even solve simple rudimentary problems such as housing and the job market, yet we got plenty to go around when it comes to certain things such as populations control, all these proxy wars around the globe, and making things which go boom of which more is invested in yearly then in education and the arts combined.

Not only that. But most of which other then entertainment purposes seem to only benefit a few anyways. And people thought it was going to be like in the Jetsons cartoon you know have a robot housemaid, a greatly reduced work week, and all the nifty gadgets of the future like self serving household appliances and other space futurey stuff, even a talking robot dog. When in reality other then in some markets and those only by necessary the results of modernization and technology has lead to pretty much the opposite effect of that. Soon and in some distant future people would be complaining that robots took there jobs. But hey its more efficient and would be a great increase in corporate profits.

The gun by itself is nothing all the impressive. But why would you need it to begin with? Hey maybe they know something we dont. Maybe in the future there will be a market for it and it to along with other such gadgets will be big bucks.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
"Selecta dna" sounds like a reggae dj.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Maybe whenever the Gov't decides we must turn over our weapons, they plan on giving us these paint guns as trade. No idea what the plan is with these things, but obviously there is a plan. Cost assumes there must be a market somewhere.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Yeah no reason to worry, it supposedly washes off after TWO weeks.

Cleaning the DNA off of the skin would be considerably more challenging, as Singleton claims that it can remain in skin creases for up to two weeks.

The gun itself is available in pistol or rifle form, both of which are powered by CO2 cartridges. The pistol can squeeze off 20 shots per 12-gram cartridge, while the rifle’s capacity is higher. Both guns allow users to hit targets from a range of 30 to 40 meters (98 to 131 feet).

The company also makes a grease, gel and spray containing the synthetic DNA, for marking belongings against theft or for tagging attackers
www.gizmag.com...

Synthetic DNA?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join