It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Gun Lets Police Shoot DNA pellets

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

A frightening new weapons technology will let police and others tag people and identify them through DNA. The High Velocity DNA Tagging System consists of special guns that will allow police to tag and trace others.

The system works like this: A shooter fires a pellet into a person; the pellet contains a special synthetic DNA that enters the blood stream; police or anybody else can later test the person to see if it is the correct individual.

New Gun Lets Police Shoot And Capture Your DNA

Is there anything these people can't shoot at us anymore?

This to me is a clear sign that operation police state is going into action. It will end very violently when the people decide enough is enough.

It goes on to say in the article:

The company behind this technology, Selectamark, is pretty frightening too. It manufactures “asset and property labeling systems,” such as those we see on vehicles.

One has to wonder if Selectamark is trying to create a human labeling system next. Such a system could be used to keep track of prisoners or even citizens in a city. The NSA geniuses that love to monitor all of our communications would undoubtedly welcome such technology. Once again, more technology is being abused to create new and better means of limiting our freedoms.

R.I.P freedom, until the day we decide to take our freedom back!

Changed title because it was mis-leading.
edit on 19-10-2013 by skyblueworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

skyblueworld
... and Capture Your DNA

"and capture your DNA"????
No, this device does not do that. Its really a more expensive tagger. Like the fluorescent dye paints that you could tag somebody with now.
It has nothing whatsoever to do with your DNA.

skyblueworld
One has to wonder if Selectamark is trying to create a human labeling system next. Such a system could be used to keep track of prisoners or even citizens in a city.

Except for the bit where isnt all doomsdayish but not even slightly true.

skyblueworld
The system works like this: A shooter fires a pellet into a person; the pellet contains a special synthetic DNA that enters the blood stream

No. It does not enter the bloodstream. That bit isnt true either.
This is really just a fancy paintball gun. Actually the gun itself is probably not even all that fancy. Its really just the fancy DNA labelled paint that they have in the pellets.

edit on 19-10-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
How would we know wtf they were injecting in to us? It could be anything from bubonic plague to polio to RFID tracers.
It's time to take these toys away from these governments who think we're nothing but guinea pigs.
How is it they have money to develop and buy this stuff yet claim we're broke and have to start cutting social security and food stamps that people need to live on?
They are insane, things like this only verify that fact over and over again.
edit on 19-10-2013 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
post by alfa1

"and capture your DNA"????

That's what the websites headline says.

Either way if they have invested into this technology, who knows the truth of what they can really do with it.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Seems just as easy to wait for the suspect to show up at an ER or die on the street after being shot by a regular gun. Cheaper too.

edit on 19-10-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by skyblueworld

A frightening new weapons technology will let police and others tag people and identify them through DNA.

The part that gives me the shivers is highlighted in yellow above.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

skyblueworld
That's what the websites headline says.

Yes it does.
But its what you get when a sensationalist website gets its stories second hand... and then somebody decides to use that third hand source rather than take the time to go back to original sources.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Ok I've changed the title just for you

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

Probably the military.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Asktheanimals
How would we know wtf they were injecting in to us? It could be anything from bubonic plague to polio to RFID tracers.
It's time to take these toys away from these governments who think we're nothing but guinea pigs.
How is it they have money to develop and buy this stuff yet claim we're broke and have to start cutting social security and food stamps that people need to live on?
They are insane, things like this only verify that fact over and over again.
edit on 19-10-2013 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

The patients are running the asylum. They have been for too long now.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I would think unless the person shot is committing a crime, it should be illegal to do this. But police shoot people for no real reason often so they probably will do it anyway.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
So if a person has what appears to be a wound from this tagging weapon, that is going to be probable cause to force them to submit to a search of their blood?

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
i have to go with alfa on this one. it is a solution leaves a synthetic DNA on what it hit.
nothing penetrates the body.

here is the mfg's web site.
SelectaDNA High Velocity DNA Tagging System

their how it works page, leaves alittle to be desired.
The World's most advanced crime prevention solution

and products page.

Product Range

nothing but some high tech paint.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
A website that misreported the idea behind this item?

I am deeply suspicious of all this.
edit on 19-10-2013 by TrueBrit because: Edit to add... OP link was crap, full of lies, and was terrible. OP was alright though.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

So basically this gun shoots a big pellet that leaves an invisible tattoo. I don't understand why they had to use synthetic DNA as a medium though, just thinking about the possibilities is giving me the chills.

I haven't read anything that claims its detectable in the bloodstream though. Could someone clarify that please?
edit on 19-10-2013 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

skyblueworld
reply to post by Riffrafter

Probably the military.

Yes.

Among...um..."others" in the gubmint...

link   

News worth coming on for this morning.

Asset labelling? Define "asset." R.I.P. Freedom, indeed.

Also, "One has to wonder if Selectamark is trying to create a human labeling system next." Duh. They just did.

edit on 19/10/13 by soficrow because: add last line

link   
Sounds horrible.
Instead of making guns we couldn't create a giant waterpark or the largest cinema in the universe. No it really had to be this?
If we can make guns like this we could really overcome any obstacle in our ever expanding universe.
we can go to the moon but we as a race can't find peace.
Things could be worse though.

I really dont see the point of these new weapons. There's literally a million ways to die but this new weapon is just another milestone for conflict. I feel bad for the people that really need these new guns.
What do they hope to accomplish other than continuing the endless cycles of war.
And thats civilization in a nutshell for you.

We've still done great things though. You just take the bad news with the good news.

Always room for improvment however.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I think they are being a bit loose with the term DNA and just calling the product DNA. Seems to be very small markers with unique IDs. Didn't see anything about the blood stream as the posted material stated.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

blueyezblkdragon
Sounds horrible.
Instead of making guns we couldn't create a giant waterpark or the largest cinema in the universe. No it really had to be this?
If we can make guns like this we could really overcome any obstacle in our ever expanding universe.
we can go to the moon but we as a race can't find peace.

I hope that everyone reading this comment takes the 2 seconds required to go back and star your post.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join