It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joint pain 5mths after pregnancy and constant daily migraine style headaches...anyone??!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

undo
almost sounds like the tail end of gestational diabetes, but in this case, with diabetic neuropathy. i'd get a physical appt. then about 30 minutes before going, eat a big carbohydrate meal. and be sure the doc does the blood sugar test first.

I had no gestational diabetes during or after my son. They did tests on that already and it was all negative.

Thanks

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

So sorry to hear about the hell you are obviously going through.
The Doctor left a good reply for you, it could be a CSF leak.
I'm wondering if you drink "sugar free", low calorie drinks, and how much do you drink if so?
Aspertame is a poison that gives many of these drinks their sweet taste. Like diet coke, diet pepsi, etc. Too much apertame can actually mimic the signs of MS. Aspertame breaks down into formaldehyde in the human body. I know this may sound crazy to you and other readers, but please at least investigate. Do a search for "sweet poison" and check it out. It is a real eye opener. I bet you are ready to try anything to feel better. Please try and quit drinking aspertame (also make sure it is not in the foods you are eating) for 7 to 10 days. You may find it difficult to stop, if so, you may have an addiction you were unaware of.
Others have and have seen their signs and symptoms disappear.
It wouldn't be a bad idea to eat only organic food for those 7 to 10 days. No GMO.
Finally, get your vitamin D level checked while you are getting those blood tests. Bet it's low. Take 5000 IU of vtamin D daily for those 7 to 10 days.
I wish you all the best.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
mblah, I knew you were having some pain in your hands, but I didn't know it had gotten this bad.

So, first, I hope you get it figured out and are receiving relief pronto......sending good thoughts your way.
I hope the tests help find the cause.

I know I had awful migraines....they were hormonal...and I never did find a doctor to agree.
[My body finally healed itself. With the help of some OTC Aleve.]
So, I hope you have much better luck getting through to them.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

I'm almost certain that is what you are going through then. It can happen with spinal taps or epidurals, which is what you had.

Figuring it out what it is is the first step!

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

you are the patient. YOU are the consumer. Many ER docs are just struggling

to get a diagnosis ASAP and are very quick to poo poo real symptoms of young

otherwise healthy females.

FIND a good neurologist (word of mouth, referral, or large medical center) and CALL

ASAP to get an appt and say - i may have a spinal headache. Its malpractice if they don't

at least attend to you in a timely fashion and it turns out to be serious. I work

at a factory like medical center where insistent patients can be seen within 1-2 days of calling.

Do it. Get better. Im not your doctor, but if they don't do a cervical spine MRI at the very least

(we do Brain and Cspine, sometimes adding lumbar) they WONT know 100% if you do have a chronic

leak.

Best of luck.
edit on 10/19/2013 by drphilxr because: spelling , redundancies

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

edit on 10/19/2013 by drphilxr because: (no reason given)

If nothing is turned up spinal headache wise, you will have some more peace of mind at the least.
edit on 10/19/2013 by drphilxr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I had one of my kids by emergency c-section which meant epidural. I also experienced spinal headaches for up to a year afterward, though the headaches decreased in frequency and intensity over that same time.

For those members who have never heard of it or experienced one - a spinal headache is pretty scary. It starts in your back/spine and quickly travels up to your head, which then feels like it might explode. it can even be blinding a bit. You feel like you might pass out and then it's gone. My first one was two days after the C-section, I thought I was stroking out.

How you approach it depends on the intensity of pain, your pain tolerance and if you are breastfeeding. I just muddled through as I'm more the all natural, holistic type and I breast fed.

I drank lots of water and tried to be conscious of my blood pressure because, just anecdotally, I noticed a correlation between the spinal headaches, my blood pressure and getting upset.

Coincidentally, I did have joint pain as well, but it never occurred to me that it was related to the spinal headaches. I attributed it more to breast feeding and depleting my body of nutrition and hydration. While nursing I used 5000 IU of vitamin D, plant based omega 3, a prenatal multi-vitamin and drank lots of water to combat it. After my child weened, I upped the vitamin D, switched to fish-based omegas, kept the prenatal vitamin and added New Chapter Ginger Force, which ginger is good for inflammation. You can also use Turmeric. New Chapter has something called Zyflamend which has both ginger and Turmeric.

I'll keep you my prayers but I'm optimistic your headaches will subside.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
yeah they tested me too but didn't find it till i was having symptoms like yours. well they weren't all identical symptoms but most of them were identical. one day it would feel like i broke my ankle, the next, like i broke my shoulder bone, the next a knee, an elbow, etc. it would hurt to stand up or sit down. trying to sit from a standing position required dropping into the seat because my knees wouldn't bend. couldn't lift my arms above my shoulder level. got to where just lifting a cup was a painful experience and i couldn't unscrew the lid from a jar that was already open. had headaches and moments where my vision would be almost entirely blacked out except for small holes to see thru straight ahead (these accompianed the headaches). doc found it purely by accident, as i had eaten a carb rich meal before going in for a physical.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
You need to get your blood circulation going, there are some easy ways to do it yourself. Most of migraines and headaches can be fixed with doing some neck exercises. Exercises should be short timed as more you strech in one direction the outcome is opposite to that what you seek.

One trick is having a ice cold foot bath, stick your feet into cold water for 10 seconds, and out 10 seconds, keep doing this about minute. Then dry your feet well and put not too tight socks on.

I used to have often migraines and these exercises helped me out, i have been off migraine pills over a year now and migraines just stopped.

If ou can´t find help over exercises then you might check your thyroid, it could be that you are having hypothyroidism. Its quite common after child birth
hypothyroidism symptoms

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

In one of your posts, you wrote that immitrex injections help somewhat, but other headache meds don't. Immitrex is used by cluster headache sufferers (I used to be one). Maybe you've read up on that, but just in case, a few questions:
- Is the pain on one side of the head?
- Is it a piercing pain, behind the eye, and towards the ear?
- Does one eyelid (on the side of the headache) droop down a little, and does that eye tear up?
- Do the headaches come at regular times during the day?

If you answer yes to 2 or more of these questions, I can help you. There is a secret weapon...

soulwaxer

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
OK, but I don't think its just related to your son. The joint pain, and real arthritis, migraines are radiation. Strontium goes to the bones, and Fukushima released that and lots of cesium too. I had my entire health disappear, liver disease, and arthritis develop since fukushima and now have moved to the interior again, the desert. And everyone around me, at the stores, all these women around 50, even younger, suddenly having arthritits and knowing people who had it really bad. A young women with her knees gone and her wrist bandaged up do to this and having to use her left hand on the till. This was where it rains alot at the coast.

MSM helps with join pain. I tried devil's claw and nearly died, so had a reaction to that and won't take it again. But MSM really helped alot, and its natural sulphur, such as is found in apples, and is used by every cell of your body like vitamin D.

For digestive issues, enzmes and milk thistle.

And recently am trying fulfic acid and something called Divine Vine from the goodlycompany near us.

Things that detox heavy metal out of your system is good. Pau'darco tea, which doesnt taste bad for example.

Iodide crystals should have been good and are a good detox, but they caused more joint pain for me and then I found some articles that they increased some arthritis, and even caused the nodules to swell up in rheumatoid arthritis victims. So you have ot find out what works best.

Research detox's. And heavy metal detox.

Spirit can overcome matter too, so meditation, prayer and seeking within, HS and God for healing. See yourself as well and healthy and active and able to flow abundance out to others.

This is what I'm dealing with at this point myself and seeking healing for.
edit on 19-10-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by soulwaxer

I suffer from cluster headaches. You did not give this poor woman advice, you teased her, you are the lowest of the low.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Pooche
reply to post by soulwaxer

I suffer from cluster headaches. You did not give this poor woman advice, you teased her, you are the lowest of the low.

What???

The first step is trying to find out what's causing her headaches. Chances are very low that it's cluster headache. And if it is, then I would be breaking T&C by posting my remedy (which is not the green plant).

If you want help with your CH, pm me...

soulwaxer

ETA: and by the way, you didn't advise her either...
edit on 19-10-2013 by soulwaxer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

My sister HAD THIS same thing. Exact way you describe. She was very afraid and called me a lot about it. She went to a doctor and they did run tests and could not find anything that would cause this. The only thing on her blood work was low hemoglobin. The doctor told her it was not low enough to cause pains. I talked her into going to a Naturopathic MD and they ran more in depth tests and found out she was depleted in magnesium. This dr told her that some people who are even a bit low on iron will have pains in the joints and muscles! He put her on magnesium and iron and she felt better within the week and continued to improve until she felt fine again.

So my advice to you is, do not worry, go see the dr, ask for blood work, you should ask if they will check for low magnesium. Some dr's do not want to do that, but insist.

My sister's pregnancy depleted her of minerals. Good luck to you! Try to not worry.

(post by Pooche removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

soulwaxer
[snipped]

The first step is trying to find out what's causing her headaches. Chances are very low that it's cluster headache. And if it is, then I would be breaking T&C by posting my remedy (which is not the green plant).

soulwaxer

soulwaxer, if what you want to tell a member would break the T&Cs if you posted it, then it would also break the T&Cs to reveal it via PM (U2U). Viz:

16f.) Private Messages: [... ] All private messages are subject to the Terms and Conditions of Use and the Terms and Conditions of Membership.

If, however, you have some suggestions that you can offer publicly here which are within the T&Cs, then by all means do so. I'm sure people would be glad for the information.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

JustMike

soulwaxer
[snipped]

soulwaxer

soulwaxer, if what you want to tell a member would break the T&Cs if you posted it, then it would also break the T&Cs to reveal it via PM (U2U). Viz:

16f.) Private Messages: [... ] All private messages are subject to the Terms and Conditions of Use and the Terms and Conditions of Membership.

If, however, you have some suggestions that you can offer publicly here which are within the T&Cs, then by all means do so. I'm sure people would be glad for the information.

OK, here you go (only for CH-sufferers):
[link removed, due to T&C violation]

The best, and only way to get rid of CH for long periods of time, including preventing future CH cycles, is by certain illegal substances (Though there are some that are legal, such as certain seeds, also found on above website.)

I did not know that private messages were a part of T&C concerning this matter. My bad.

If I am violating T&C with this post, go ahead and remove it. But maybe you will understand that many CH-sufferers do not have any other options, if they want to be able to live and work.

I would also like to add that big pharma is even looking into this as a legal prescribed cure. Because of my own success with this, I was interviewed by a pharma-organization in The Netherlands a few years back.

CH is pure hell. It is known as suicide headache. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. The first cycles are usually manageable, and could very well be hormone related. Therefore, and for other reasons, there is a chance that this is what the OP is experiencing. I was only looking for a correct way to offer my help. It saddens me that it was interpreted the way it was.

soulwaxer

edit on Sat Oct 19 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join