It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Americans Acting Like Hitler?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
elouina:

All Americans Are Hitlers

Are they now, and where is your evidence to support your claim that 'all' Americans (not one or two, but all 320 million plus of them) are Hitlers?

I ask you all here, just for once to put aside your political parties and just be an American.

No! Can't do it, I'm English. You believe that only Americans read and post on this website? Perhaps, you feel the English and other non-Americans are not meant to be be reading and responding to posts you make?

Anyway, be that as it may, I wondering, going off your immature post, just exactly how old you are? The errors you make in logic are quite basic, and if you want people to take you seriously, you need to display a more experienced and mature post than the waffle you offer here.

I'm not an American, and even I am offended by the title, but I more than mature to accept fault where fault exists, to not claim no responsibility. However, I know that you know your title is not true, so why claim it?

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   

pheonix358
I am sorry but NO! BIG NO.

The majority of any Nation are good people who want to live peacefully, raise their children with Love and generally enjoy life.

To condemn an entire Nation for the actions of a few is just epically sad.

I suggest you look inwards and find yourself.

Your title is just bloody awful. It sucks!

I don't know what else to say, you have saddened my day!

This thread is epically awful!

P

edit on 19/10/2013 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

The majority in ANY nation are just peaceful people who want to go about their lives.
There's nothing special there.
Yet (depending on US geo-strategic interests) people in some countries, who also just want to go about their lives, are blown to bits by drones. As are their kids, wifes, brothers, sisters, and even pets (as was previously stated here). All courtesy of the US' war/political machine.

I say anyone supporting that war/political machine in any way sort or form, shares part of the blame.
And I agree with the OP.
If you saw your neighbor beating (or abusing in any way) a kid , wouldn't you try to help?!
Would you take comfort in the fact that you're not an abuser, and proudly walk away?
Well, now you can see kids half-way across the globe being killed. Your tax dollars being put to work here man...you pay for it!
How does that make you feel?

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   

buster2010
reply to post by elouina

I ask you all here, just for once to put aside your political parties and just be an American. If you find this difficult to do, just imagine a drone from the USSR picking you off while you enjoy your dinner. No trial, or chance to even plead for your life. Gone!

This may come as a shock to you but the USSR did kill it's citizens without due process. Except they didn't do it by drone they just blew your brains out in person. Every government has had to silence citizens from time to time. And please go learn something about the Nazis to say America is like them shows you know next to nothing about them.

I am not arguing that they didn't kill their citizens. And lordy be, how did you get that out of my comment? I was talking about a USSR drone killing Americans on American soil. We do have terrorists here you know. Perhaps the USSR should also have a war on terror? Maybe you would like to live with drones flying over your head and PTSD over the constant worry of being next?

Hitler was many things and one of them was being a cold blooded killer. He picked them off just because he wanted to with no trial or jury. Fast forward to now, and the US is picking off people because they want to with no trial or jury. I suppose I could have chosen any other cold blooded killer. Maybe a comparison to the unibomber would have been equally as effective? Murder is murder no matter who does it.

To quote you, "Every government has had to silence citizens from time to time. " So you think killing citizens is ok then?

edit on 19-10-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

What do we do then? How do we change this? Many others have tried and failed, being labeled a dissident in the end.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by elysiumfire

I did not know that people from other countries were not involved in politics. WOW! Thanks for that info!

You know darn well it was a shock title meant to wake people up. But still, does it matter who does the killing? They are all murderers, be it Hitler, Dahmer, the unibomber, and the US government. And if you aided and abetted one of these murderers you would be held as an accomplice. So who paid off the hit men for the US governement?

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Rectorate
reply to post by elouina

What do we do then? How do we change this? Many others have tried and failed, being labeled a dissident in the end.

Those are some really good questions/points you raise here, and though not referred to me, I hope you don't mind me answering them.

1. How do we change this?
Very hard thing to do to be honest. The first step in this journey is that WE DON'T AGREE WITH IT!
We don't live our lives in comfort, knowing that murder of innocents is committed in our name!
We share our opinions with others. We tell how we feel to our neighbors, brothers, sisters, friends, etc...
You might not have the power to change things in an instant, but YOU do have A VOICE!
Voice your opinion. Cry. Pray. Whatever you think might improve things - do it!
And I'm not saying this just to Americans, but to people throughout the world. Any living soul that doesn't agree with this hypocrisy of today's world. Do the tiniest thing that could help in any way!

2. 1. Many others have tried and failed, being labeled a dissident in the end.
Very true.
But, throughout history, many dissidents were later proven right.
If I have to name names, I'd start with Christ, and end with Oscar Schindler, or Edward Snowden.
History might be written by the winner, but humanity knows how to reward good people.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   

IamTheManWithThePlan

The majority in ANY nation are just peaceful people who want to go about their lives.
Yet (depending on US geo-strategic interests) people in some countries, who also just want to go about their lives, are blown to bits by drones. As are their kids, wifes, brothers, sisters, and even pets (as was previously stated here). All courtesy of the US' war/political machine.

I say anyone supporting that war/political machine in any way sort or form, shares part of the blame.
And I agree with the OP.
If you saw your neighbor beating (or abusing in any way) a kid , wouldn't you try to help?!
Would you take comfort in the fact that you're not an abuser, and proudly walk away?
Well, now you can see kids half-way across the globe being killed. Your tax dollars being put to work here man...you pay for it!

Your post was excellent! So we have another here that totally gets this. As for those that don't? Their houses don't get rattled in the middle of the night while their kids playmates down the block get blown to shredded bits of carnage. So why should it concern their happy ol lives?

And how do I feel? Awful... I am allowing and paying for my government to blow people up on whim. Yes it has always bothered me, and yes I do not agree with it. But what have I done to stop it? Instead I have been living my happy life. So wrong!

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by elouina

Drones make war affordable. Drones make war something you can do from 9 to 5.

I cannot stress how much I dislike the use of drones. We have them now in America. Armed? Who knows! Seems like there are an awful lot of "house fires" recently.

War should be something to be avoided at all costs. War should be the last option.

Drones make war a "go-to" command as easy as clicking a mouse.

War is supposed to be terrible. War is a disgusting exercise. Drones make war clean and hands free.

While the drone controversy isn't without merit, they do have legitimate uses. They make great counter-insurgency assets, intelligence assets, and battlespace awareness assets for ground commanders. What they are not good for is strike assets. Yes they do effectively destroy things, but they should not be used for counterinsurgency/terrorism strikes as they cause entirely too much collateral damage and just piss people off. If the target is really that important send in some SEALs. Otherwise if the target can be killed without collateral damage then by all means drop the hellfire. But it seems they are trying to use one asset to fill all roles and it just isn't feasible if one wants to follow the rules.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by IamTheManWithThePlan

I still say we try and get a national vote on this. We can do this if we try hard enough. Every idea ever put into place was thought up by one person. So maybe I should be that one person this time around.

So who wants to help spread the word of my idea? Any takers?

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

The intended use of drones might be justified. Though human intelligence gathering is unparalleled.

It is the intentional misuse that disturbs me, though.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

elouina

IamTheManWithThePlan

And I agree with the OP.

Your post was excellent! So we have another here that totally gets this. As for those that don't? Their houses don't get rattled in the middle of the night while their kids playmates down the block get blown to shredded bits of carnage. So why should it concern their happy ol lives?

And how do I feel? Awful... I am allowing and paying for my government to blow people up on whim. Yes it has always bothered me, and yes I do not agree with it. But what have I done to stop it? Instead I have been living my happy life. So wrong!

I thank you, but I really can take no credit for that opinion.
Perhaps my mom and dad should, for teaching me what's right and wrong - I don't know.
Anyone with half a heart, and half a brain should feel that way, I think.

elouina

I still say we try and get a national vote on this. We can do this if we try hard enough. Every idea ever put into place was thought up by one person. So maybe I should be that one person this time around.

So who wants to help spread the word of my idea? Any takers?

National vote.......I wouldn't bet on it!
All you need to do is visit militaryphotos or a similar forum, to see just how many Americans are proud of US' advanced weapons, and how little thought they give to "collateral damage" (I really hate this term used for killing innocent people!)

As for putting the word out there, I like to think I've been doing this quite a while...
And I aim to continue.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

The only way anyone can change this in reality is by being more bad ass than the powers you are trying to change. The IRA in Ireland changed things by being meaner than the powers they were fighting against. Then it becomes pointless because you are morally worse than the ones you are fighting.

Even Presidents get silenced if they try and change anything beyond the wishes of controlling interests.

Well you could try and get groups together and the next thing you know you would have a Judas and spy very close to you being paid to betray you.

It's good to moan and groan in public. May be if enough people moan and groan and make the controlling interests know they are annoyed about certain things it does help a little.

It's easy to see that most Americans don't want things to be the way they are. I don't blame them because they cannot change things. I don't even blame most of the German people for Hitler. They had no choice in the matter.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

Everything you say is true.
I still believe in miracles though.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

IamTheManWithThePlan
reply to post by Revolution9

Everything you say is true.
I still believe in miracles though.

Keep believing my friend! I will, too!

I am always glad to talk to Americans here. I'll never blame people for the actions of government because they do not go hand in hand. I wish they did!

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

elouina

MarioOnTheFly
Those victims shouldn't be playing near them oli fields.

And how are we certain that every last victim is guilty if they get no trial? Their executioner is judge and jury. What about their innocent children? Heck what about their innocent pets! Peta goes haywire over a goldfish. Or is it only American goldfish? We are soo special aren't we?
edit on 19-10-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

Not special. Just so bored and spoiled that any little thing turns into a crusade.

Take Canada for example. I have multiple friends that are going around telling people that the words, "all thy sons command" is outdated for this time and that it should be changed to include women as well. I lost 1 friend after I pointed out that there are far more serious things in the world to be worried about then 1 word and for that fact why not change the words, "Our home and native land", to "Our home ON native land" seeing as how the "white man" conquered the natives for their land?

People be crazy and idiots never change.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Prescott Bush HELPED the NAZI's, and MANY US companies also part of the Nazi regime.

PLUS.. Many of the absolute worst NAZI's were brought to the USA and DESIGNED our govt agencies after Nazi ones.

FFS..

THIS ALONE TELLS ALL. AMERICA will HOPEFULLY have an internal day of reckoning for those scumbags behind it all.

.. and the BABY BOOMERS are a generation of NAZI youth (brainwashing, indoctrination, etc)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I understand the shock when you think someone who is decent turns out to be... well not. However I think you need to take a deep breath. Obama is not so great, but the world is not crumbling. I know that it is popular to think of Americans as a population that is sitting on a couch somewhere buried in Doritos with their heads turned to mush by reality T.V., and I suppose for some of us it is true. But I for one have been surprised by the surge in interest and activism in the last four years or so. In truth, it began before that, during the economic melt down. People are trying to make their voices heard, even about the drone attacks that burst your bubble. There have been protests and rallies regarding this very topic all across the country, even in D.C.

It is admirable that you are trying to move people to action, but using "shock factor" to try to jar them out of complacency rarely works. Righteous, sanctimonious finger shaking works even less. Sure it feels good for the person on the soap box, but it rarely changes hearts and minds, or even gets those who agree with you to do anything but get defensive. So... instead of sitting on here castigating the entire population, maybe you should take the productive step and do something yourself. Organize a rally maybe.

Good luck.
edit on 19-10-2013 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-10-2013 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
When you take away the eye to eye contact, the one on one human contact of killing another human all of a sudden you make killing easy and killing innocents means nothing because your not there, you see it all through the eye of a machine, , how will we as humans ever come to a conclusion how wrong it all is and stop killing each other if we don't see, feel and experience the horror.

edit on 19-10-2013 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-10-2013 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
sorry....just like I don't suffer from 'white guilt' over slavery, I don't suffer from 'American guilt' over what the government does. which is, from where i sit, essentially what you're looking for here. I can be disgusted and angry about what the government of my country does, but that doesn't mean I'm going to take responsibility for it and spend my time in anguish about it.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I guess only 52% are since the rest didn't vote for him.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join