It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noah's Ark theme park wants to show the Flood was "plausible"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
This article reads like a cartoon depicting “good idea…err…bad idea” I can’t make this stuff up. Anyway I posted this here because it relates to Noah.

The Biblical account of Noah and his Ark poses a lot of questions, even for believers like the creators of the controversial Creation Museum in Kentucky.
In an office park in Hebron, Kentucky, the designers of the proposed "Ark Encounter" theme park are trying to answer questions like these in order to build faith in the Bible's literal accuracy. The project has run into delays because of lack of financing, which could cost it millions in potential tax breaks. Despite the uncertainty, a recent Reuters preview of the project showed that plans for the ark are continuing.

"We're basically presenting what the Bible has to say and showing how plausible it was," said Patrick Marsh, design director for the park, which will feature a 500-foot-long wooden ark and other Old Testament attractions, including a Tower of Babel and a "Ten Plagues" ride. "This was a real piece of history - not just a story, not just a legend."

OK great I think of it as a science experiment to build a full scale Ark but….err…Plagues and the tower of Babel common kids lets go see how people suffered. That part seems kind of bad.

Another big question is how Noah got mating pairs of all the animals of the earth, including dinosaurs, onto a boat half the length of a cruise ship.

Scientists have cataloged 1.3 million species of animals, but Ark Encounter protagonists figure Noah could have brought on just 1,000 to 2,000 pairs to represent every animal "kind," as the Bible puts it.

"If you start with a wolf, you can basically generate all of these dog-like kinds," said Marsh. As for large animals like dinosaurs, Marsh said Noah could have brought them on as eggs or juveniles, to save room.

OK I have always wondered that myself it will be interesting to see what they come up with.

Though the park is meant to teach that the Noah story is true, it is also for profit, and Marsh takes inspiration from secular theme parks. In the exhibit depicting the wicked pre-Flood society that God wanted to destroy, for example, Marsh plans a pagan temple with pagan ceremonies done in a "Disneyesque" way.

"You want everyone to have fun and buy souvenirs and have a good time, but you also want to tell everybody how terrible everything (was)," Marsh said.

Are they going to recreate them being drowned in a "Disneyesque” way as well? Did they say dinosaurs? Yup.

The rest of the article is how they are behind schedule and are saying they will re file to take advantage of tax breaks that are meant for educational programs. There are also groups that say the park doesn’t qualify for tax breaks because it isn’t teaching any real science and therefore doesn’t qualify. Oh and they also plan to explain how they got rid of all the poop from the Ark. Yup they actually said that.

For more info on planned Ark specs, public backlash, and a an idea for a Harry Potter park read more www.reuters.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">here.

I have no problem with a park I just think the thing will be more like a haunted house scaring the hell out of kids but that may be part of the agenda I can’t say. Anyway what do you think ATS?

edit on 18-10-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
There were giants in the earth in those days;
The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.
And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

"And it repented the Lord that he had made man "

And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created.

THE END.

ohh wait,,
But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.

maybe Noah was wrong after all?

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
i would soo go to that park.....

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I wonder if at the end of the night, the do the re-enactment of Noah getting nekkid and all tore up and then his sons coming into his tent to rape him...probably not, I'm guessing...and didn't Noah's face start to glow after all that noise?

Count me in...

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

Dude.... What?

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Pagan fun and temples in a Disneyesque way...
It will end up being a crappy petting zoo where you pay too much to feed some stinking goats and probably get pink eye...
But the religio-politicos in that area will make sure they get tax breaks. And if they don't, they will just try to find a WWII vet to act mad.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Darkman2021
reply to post by the owlbear

Dude.... What?

Sorry...feeling lazy. Go get a copy of a good ol KJB...read the Noah story...after they land...things get a little, mmm...let's just say, well I guess it does depend on the translation, but Noah got off that boat and got tore up for sure...his sons may have been just trying to get a robe on him...but...here is where things get lost in translation.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I hope they continue with it.
I hope they find funding from religious groups and pour millions and millions of dollars into this venture, and I hope they continue to run with it for many years...
...just so they can see for themselves how monumentally hopeless the whole idea is.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Ive heard there are over 2,000 Flood story's throughout history from the Hopi Indians of SW US to the Sumerians of current day Iraq.

So the park may be getting hit with lawsuits or at least strongly worded letters to follow.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
ironically, the statement "only really needed about a thousand species," supports evolution. they are basically saying that all other species evolved from noah's ark.

now, noah was hebrew, right? and only his sons and their wives were saved, right? so noah had a black son, an asian son, a blond haired caucasian son, etc..... and if the family was all that was left of humanity, then we are descended from incest. after all, first cousin had to get down with first cousin to repopulate the planet. there was probably some brother and sister loving going on as well.

and where did roughly 17,000 feet of water disappear to? noah's ark is supposed to be on mt. ararat, which is 17,000 ft high. that is an AWFUL large amount of water to go missing.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
First they're making a movie on Noah now this, interesting.

How did he get all the animals in? Being the size it was stated in Genesis, 300 cubits long (127M, A NFL football field and a half long) its plausible that way. Witnesses' report from the 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami stated wild animals such as elephants and monkeys moved towards higher ground as well as cattle, dogs and other domestic animals before the wave struck. 6th sense much?

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Sure its plausible they got every single species of insect
on that thing, and all other land animals such as the kangaroo
as well, totally plausible, i mean so much so that i would say
they truly need to build that ark just to make sure.
Oh and 40 days and nights worth of food and water for them all
as well. Sounds 100% plausible to me. Anyone interested
in a bridge i have for sale? Its on the east river in New York
and has an amazing view!

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I was sold as soon as you said Dinosaurs!!

How thick were the Ice Caps before the melt??

DINOTOPIA: Art, Science, and Imagination
www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrZ9GA-hiPI
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by blackthorne

ironically, the statement "only really needed about a thousand species," supports evolution. they are basically saying that all other species evolved from noah's ark.

Not species... kinds. That good old "science" of baraminology. Good luck nailing down exactly what a "kind" is, the definition seems to change to suit a given argument. Even more amusing was the scientist who used the same methods & analysis that "creation scientists" use to prove that their own "science" of baraminology supports evolution. Oh, right... he did it twice.

and where did roughly 17,000 feet of water disappear to? noah's ark is supposed to be on mt. ararat, which is 17,000 ft high. that is an AWFUL large amount of water to go missing.

Familiar with "canopy theory"? See, there was less water on and in the Earth back then, but there was a giant layer of water vapor or ice or something floating above the Earth. This served the dual purpose of extending people's lifespan to several hundred years (somehow higher partial pressure of oxygen and no UV rays means immortality to "creation scientists") and providing a deus ex machina that the big Deus himself could use to destroy the world.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

The American Atheists should make a theme park in response. Five dollar entry fee. It will just be me sitting on a deck chair with my feet up and you get to bring me a drink. Gawd ... they're never gonna be able to compete with dinosaurs and giants. >.<

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

I thought the atheist theme park was called Disney.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Hello Grimpachi,
Love the avatar! Made me think you might like this one.

This article reads like a cartoon depicting “good idea…err…bad idea” I can’t make this stuff up. Anyway I posted this here because it relates to Noah.

Speaking of cartoons they could get some help from God & Jeffrey they seem to have run into some logistics problems but in the end it all works out.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
How long did it take Noah to collect 5 million pairs of animals and how did they fit on the ark? If he rounded up one pair of animals a day, that's 13698 years.

Also, if the ark's dimension's were 300 cubits (135 meters) long and 50 cubits (22.5 meters) wide as stated, modern calculations show that worm species alone would have filled 2.5% of the ark's volume.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   

cass1dy09
First they're making a movie on Noah now this, interesting.

MAJOR problems with the movie. Hermoine (from Harry Potter) and Russell Crowe are in it. I can see Russell Crowe as Noah, but I think Hermoine will be too distracting ... people will keep expecting her to wave a wand and say 'exerpiamus' or something. And there is infighting about the script. Many want it to stay 'true' to the bible myth. But it's being written that the world is being punished for NOT BEING ECO-FRIENDLY. That's right ... it's turning into a left wing agenda thing. (Wonder if Al Gore will have a walk through???) The whole movie sounds like it's just a mess ...

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Noah's Ark theme park wants to show the Flood was "plausible"

Good luck with that. Basic genetics and DNA science has already proven that it's impossible for the entire planet to have repopulated from 3 pair of related adult reproducing pairs on a boat from 5,000 years ago. Ditto the animals. It simply couldn't have happened in the literal way that the bible says it does and/or in the time period given.

top topics

join