It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Jews are chosen, but for what

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Yeah thats all good and all
but not really relevant.
My point is the Jews were not a special people, other than a covenant with God that they failed into living up to.
Though they failed, God still honoured them.
edit on 19-10-2013 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
borntowatch

borntowatch
but not really relevant.
My point is the Jews were not a special people, other than a covenant with God that they failed into living up to.

This is in response to VHB- (came up on my 'replies' to my post). Your point is taken, tell me to what extent your thoughts can explain is/THE REALLY revelant, and be specific. Is their god the 'true' God, is their god something different than the other multitude of gods that pretend to govern us? What was the covenant they failed to live up to? Personally, I dont believe in a "GOD" personage, dominator/subjegator (no single being could be so cruel to its own children and continue to exist).

edit on 20-10-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

borntowatch

but not really relevant.

Actually there's a problem here. "God" isn't done with them yet. The problem is this. The first century Jews managed to trigger the curse of Malachi. Simplified what happened was that Elijah the prophet was killed before he could do his part in the first century Apocalypse. See Malachi 4 and Matthew 17. Because of that a long term Leviticus 26 curse was slapped on them. Per the book of Hosea the Jews and Israelites were to face a 2000 year curse. And it's still running.

Essentially the story is not over yet.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

vethumanbeing
borntowatch

borntowatch
but not really relevant.

This is in response to VHB- (came up on my 'replies' to my post). Your point is taken, tell me to what extent your thoughts can explain is/THE REALLY revelant, and be specific. Is their god the 'true' God, is their god something different than the other multitude of gods that pretend to govern us? What was the covenant they failed to live up to? Personally, I dont believe in a "GOD" personage, dominator/subjegator (no single being could be so cruel to its own children and continue to exist).

You dont believe so why waste my time.
Its irrelevant surely
I was trying to explain patiently and humbly to anybody who cared that the Jews "chosen people" tag was not some super natural wonder gift, that in fact it was their responsibility to the world.

Nothing more.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

ntech

borntowatch

but not really relevant.

Actually there's a problem here. "God" isn't done with them yet. The problem is this. The first century Jews managed to trigger the curse of Malachi. Simplified what happened was that Elijah the prophet was killed before he could do his part in the first century Apocalypse. See Malachi 4 and Matthew 17. Because of that a long term Leviticus 26 curse was slapped on them. Per the book of Hosea the Jews and Israelites were to face a 2000 year curse. And it's still running.

Carried away to Babylon again, separated from Gods holy mountain.
It does seem cyclic, and I often feel like Israel in my own little life.
I will try find time to search out these curses, I am sure I have come across them before, many years ago.
God will end their curse very soon.
When did Rome enter Jerusalem???

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
borntowatch
vethumanbeing unbeliever to the 'stars'
borntowatch

borntowatch
but not really relevant.

VHB

borntowatch
Its irrelevant surely I was trying to explain patiently and humbly to anybody who cared that the Jews "chosen people" tag was not some super natural wonder gift, that in fact it was their responsibility to the world. Nothing more.

You are correct I hold no belief systems because I KNOW and do not require them. Your statement did not sound like 'caring' to me, it sounded more like an accusation (a failure to fire/launch; mission foiled by themselves/blame game). Perhaps they didnt realize they were to save THE WHOLE HUMAN WORLD SPECIE specifically/autonomically, only themselves; or at some point realized, "hey, why save them when potencial (poor world here) wealth/knowledge can be divided between us?" So if the fact of the 'chosen people moniker' was not supernatural (not devined) where did the term or idea originate?

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

It was 70 AD. If your interested here's where to look. Book of Hosea and the day of Jezreel prophecy. And remember that the days of verse 6-2 are thousand year periods of time. Also looking at the new testament it appears the fig tree parables were based on the knowledge of the curse. And Romans 11 looks rather suspicious as well. I think Paul was aware of the curse too.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

vethumanbeing
borntowatch
borntowatch

borntowatch
but not really relevant.

VHB

borntowatch
Its irrelevant surely I was trying to explain patiently and humbly to anybody who cared that the Jews "chosen people" tag was not some super natural wonder gift, that in fact it was their responsibility to the world. Nothing more.

You are correct I hold no belief systems because I KNOW and do not require them. Your statement did not sound like 'caring' to me, it sounded more like an accusation (a failure to fire/launch; mission foiled by themselves/blame game). Perhaps they didnt realize they were to save THE WHOLE HUMAN WORLD SPECIE specifically/autonomically, only themselves; or at some point realized, "hey, why save them when potencial (poor world here) wealth/knowledge can be divided between us?" So if the fact of the 'chosen people moniker' was not supernatural (not devined) where did the term or idea originate?

I think you misunderstood everything, but hey its the internet, it happens.

The Jews were meant to show the way, not save

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ntech

Cool, I will spend a bit of time researching that when I have a bit of time.
Thanks for the heads up.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
borntowatch
veteranhumanbeing
borntowatch
borntowatch

borntowatch
Yeah thats all good and all but not really relevant.

VHB

borntowatch

veteranhumanbeing

borntowatch
I think you misunderstood everything, but hey its the internet, it happens.The Jews were meant to show the way, not save

Right, and to show the way exacted by whom that lay this tenement ("MANTLE DOWN"); they failed, HOW? What was the method of showing the way exactly, did they write it down, let some other culture/preciding God other than theirs take a stab at it? NOOO. You are saying the Jews failed in the showing of the way. Who was tasked with the soup kitchens, the church building (bad mistake); ultimately a JESUS INSERT FALSE CONFABULATION? If not the Jews, WHO? He was supposed to be the savior, as in "SAVING" the souls of the natural world; wait, and resurrect the dead (but only the rightous dead). What went wrong with the messiah/Jesus Idea (one of their own I hear) that the Jews overlooked and in so doing inadvertantly allowed the creation of the ultimate junkyard dog: THE GENTILE POPS INTO EXISTANCE (a few wand waves were applied). Didnt see that coming did they?
edit on 21-10-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

The Jews are chosen, but for what
To keep the pure faith given by God at the beginning alive,as that pure faith few other then Jews might have.

Otherwise,they are judged like any other Human being when we are the gates of Heaven or Hell.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
piequal3because14

borntowatch
The Jews are chosen, but for what?

piequal3
To keep the pure faith given by God at the beginning alive,as that pure faith few other then Jews might have.
Otherwise,they are judged like any other Human being when we are at the gates of Heaven or Hell.

Something went terribly wrong, corruption within the Judaic faith leadership? possibly the/a complicity with the OverLord Romans? Obviously if they were the 'chosen' above all other people/civilizations in many other parts of the worlds stage they had a moral duty to fullfill the sanctification given to them by "GOD", TO LEAD THE WAY TO SALVATION, NO enlightenment; no again JUST TO SHOW THE/A WAY YHWH WAY. What happened?

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

Something went terribly wrong, corruption within the Judaic faith leadership? possibly the/a complicity with the OverLord Romans? Obviously if they were the 'chosen' above all other people/civilizations in many other parts of the worlds stage they had a moral duty to fullfill the sanctification given to them by "GOD", TO LEAD THE WAY TO SALVATION, NO enlightenment; no again JUST TO SHOW THE/A WAY YHWH WAY. What happened?

"Each given power leads to abuse the power given."

This is what happened,as we can see it and in other parts of the world.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

vethumanbeing
borntowatch
veteranhumanbeing
borntowatch
borntowatch

borntowatch
Yeah thats all good and all but not really relevant.

VHB

borntowatch

veteranhumanbeing

borntowatch
I think you misunderstood everything, but hey its the internet, it happens.The Jews were meant to show the way, not save

Right, and to show the way exacted by whom that lay this tenement ("MANTLE DOWN"); they failed, HOW? What was the method of showing the way exactly, did they write it down, let some other culture/preciding God other than theirs take a stab at it? NOOO. You are saying the Jews failed in the showing of the way. Who was tasked with the soup kitchens, the church building (bad mistake); ultimately a JESUS INSERT FALSE CONFABULATION? If not the Jews, WHO? He was supposed to be the savior, as in "SAVING" the souls of the natural world; wait, and resurrect the dead (but only the rightous dead). What went wrong with the messiah/Jesus Idea (one of their own I hear) that the Jews overlooked and in so doing inadvertantly allowed the creation of the ultimate junkyard dog: THE GENTILE POPS INTO EXISTANCE (a few wand waves were applied). Didnt see that coming did they?
edit on 21-10-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

Yeah, try that again as a question
please....

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I am to think that the Jews were chosen to act as a beacon of light. Did God make them a beacon of light, or did they make themselves a beacon of light?

Are they the first contact God has with the World? No as we can see from Human paleontologists and other religious forms such as Animism... I think it was the first direct contact God had with governance of people from the morality of the people.

Governance got messed up so Jesus had to come to show morality. Justification: "Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth," except "let vengeance be the Lord's" always being left out. And that the highest self morality is the greatest self governance. I justify this conjecture with the verse with Jesus saying "Pay Caesar what is his," expanded with the "Turn the cheek" motif.

There is some Libertarian bias in above assessment though.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

ntech

borntowatch

but not really relevant.

Interesting. Very interesting.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

It has no meaning.

When people write books, intended on spreading, then tend to make themselves look superior above others in the books.

If the Original bible was written by Chinese, then Chinese would have been the chosen people.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

luciddream

It has no meaning.

When people write books, intended on spreading, then tend to make themselves look superior above others in the books.

If the Original bible was written by Chinese, then Chinese would have been the chosen people.

True.

But the Chinese do have their own versions of the Bible, and no not the Mandarin or Cantonese translations, but the Tao Te Ching and so on. To my knowledge, I don't think any of them state specific people are chosen by God.

And the Jews were not writing their books for spreading.... They didn't accept the Gentiles...

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
borntowatch
vethumanbeing

borntowatch

veteranhumanbeing

borntowatch
Yeah, try that again as a question please....

What is wrong with the "but, HEY" its the internet? Does it have a problem with the binary 1s and Os, or has it become a sentient being (FINALLY capable of thinking for itself) changing doctoring words or idea forms to suit its own spuralous diabolical needs, twisting/warping genuine thoughtful admissions by outragiously timid contributors to this website?

edit on 23-10-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

luciddream

It has no meaning.

Did you not read the post???
The bible makes Jews look bad

Do you get it, the bible makes the Jews look bad

I am astounded by the comprehension of people on reading the bible, or are they all brainwashed

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join