It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Transgender" boy accused of harassing girls in the restroom

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Klassified
Let me guess. He was a guy who now thinks he is a lesbian female.

A few years ago I heard this story from some Union electricians I was working with. They knew this guy but, I didn't believe it until I found it in print.

Construction worker transitions to woman

Today, Thomas finds it impossible to continue the charade, and she’s reaffirmed her commitment to transitioning. She recently underwent an oriectomy, which involved the surgical removal of her testicles.

Thomas, 48, is married and has four sons and one grandson. Two of her sons also are members of Local 98.

After completing her gender-reassignment surgery, Thomas expects to remain married. She identifies as a lesbian and said her wife is trying hard to understand, because she loves her.

Philly Gay News

Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
What is transgender anyway?

You have both parts, your working to get both parts or you have one set of parts and working to get the other parts?

Yeesh can't keep up with this stuff.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
FF0sake 0 only in america, make him go change behind a tree,

the world owes you nothing, fpoff and i hope ypou grow up/

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

Transgender is your gender identity not matching up with the parts assigned at birth. So someone born with a penis who identifies as a woman, or someone born with a vagina that identifies as a man. They are referred to as transgender with or without the surgery. So gender is essentially a state of mind, and sex is your bits.

They differ from a cross dresser in that they actually feel like the opposite sex, it's not just for fun.

At least that's my understanding. It gets confusing as a four letter word though. Polyamorous gender queer pansexual furry that is also non binary and only accepts Xi as a pronoun (no he or she). Seriously. Confusing. Annoying and confusing. Worse than vegans. I am the sworn enemy of the pay attention to my weird orientation crowd, of which not all transgender people are a part of. Straight, young, white, American, male, upper middle class, dog owner, and sometimes I wear my hat backwards. I need to stop going on reddit.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Rikku

I'm digging the avatar. Good taste.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Wrong! If I knew he was a man, it wouldn't bother me. But the chances are, I wouldn't. And therein lies another problem with such a diverse populace. I do agree with the restrooms being designated for both sexes though. My previous place of employment had this, it worked great. (Except for when the hot secretary decided to come in mid-dump. Trying to take a ninja dump when you've had too much coffee is impossible!)

But honestly, is it such a big problem that people of a different sexual orientation (i.e. transgenders) be a little honest and for all intents and purposes "stick" to using what their sex designates?

I know a guy who's transgendered. You honestly couldn't tell him apart from any other women. He won't use a restroom unless it's a one person restroom. Maybe that's the ideal solution if we can't have gender desegregated restrooms? Have a single "gender bender" toilette.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.

Ain't it the truth. Now about that rocket to Mars. :-)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
When I first heard about this, the very idea and notion seemed like a good idea, however, good of an idea it may be, it is a set up for trouble and problems.

It is noble that they do not want to discriminate and that we can not fault the school. If a child believes that they are the wrong sex, one must ask is it just a phase or is there a deep psychological drive there for that basis. For some that are in the transgendered community, would prove that. And they should be treated with all of the dignity and respect that everyone should have.

However, this kind of blanket policy sets up for trouble in the future and this is going to only get worse. What is to stop say a girl, who identifies herself as a male from demanding to use the boys room? How do you protect the child from the dangers of temptation of going in the opposite sex restroom?

And what is to stop a teenage boy from lying to the school officials to go into the girls bathroom and causing real problems in there?

This is a bad idea, it has been from the get go, that will ultimately come back, right now it is accusations of harassment. What will happen if it is far worse the next time?

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
As an adult, I could give a s**t less who's pooping in the stall next to me. Honestly, I don't care. I'm of the belief that there should be unisex bathrooms for most of us, and private singles for those who can't grow up and get on with peeing.

As far as schools go, I feel they should be private singles only. In my youth, I skipped classes by hiding out in the over-sized bathrooms in my school. The adults checked under the walls for feet, not ever IN the stalls for me Spidermanned in there with my hands & feet on both walls to evade detection. Between classes, it was a haven for the bullies to try to corner their victims in if they could. The campus dealers made every single sale in there, too. All & all, it served no purpose as a multi-stall room other than skipping class, being a toxic environment, or a drug exchange with other kids in there. A lot of bullying opportunities, illegal sales, and class skipping could be eradicated with implementing single-occupant private bathrooms.

To sum it up, I don't care who'd emptying bowels or bladders around me, so I'm all for unisex bathrooms for adults, and private ones for the hand-flappers, and that exclusively private bathrooms for students might be more beneficial than not.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
If this transgendering is becoming so popular, they need to have their own bathrooms. The same way bathrooms are available for either sex to use to take their child to the toilet. Once mr moms were invented, they did this. Women didn't want these dads in there.

Who knows what the real story is on this though, but the fact remains, if it makes you feel uncomfortable having him there, it just does and that is a valid argument. Why does he have more rights?

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

I wouldn't use a public unisex bathroom and pooping should be done at home.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Solution :
port-a-potty's
Teens spend to much time
in the loo's. Port-a pottys' would solve that.
But then some jack sass would find something
else to complain about.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

This doesn't surprise me given the community culture around Colorado Springs. It's very heavy on the republican and christian nut-case side of things. I think some 80% of the county voted red in 2014 on every single issue.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   

violet
reply to post by Nyiah

I wouldn't use a public unisex bathroom

See, I always said that, too, until I used one. After using them several times, I couldn't for the life of me justify why I had such an antiquated, baseless knee-jerk reaction to them to begin with. I think we're past the point where gender segregation in the toilets is still protecting anybody. After all, if someone's going to assault another, or install toilet cams, et all, they're going to do it whether or not they belong in that bathroom in the first place. The honor system of "don't go in there" doesn't exactly prevent it.

and pooping should be done at home.

Ok, that I can somewhat agree with. I've smelled some really unpleasant smells from people in other stalls who could gag a maggot

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

goochball
For people who just want to be seen as equal, they sure do get a lot of special treatment.

You are so right. It's is society and government that have allowed for some to become "more than equal". Then when one speaks out or has an opposite opinion, that person becomes a hatemonger!

This is a perfect example of " equal rights" for some, not all.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

CaticusMaximus
If you have XX genetics, you are female.

If you have XY genetics, you are male.

Look up the word 'intersex'.

Chromosomes don't always indicate gender thus the new policy regarding the Olympics.

Auricom
But honestly, is it such a big problem that people of a different sexual orientation (i.e. transgenders) be a little honest and for all intents and purposes "stick" to using what their sex designates?

The statistical likelihood of being murdered amongst other things make it a little uncomfortable I imagine, and the hostile reaction is the same regardless of bathroom really; especially if the person 'passes'.

Regarding the honesty problem ... just look at some people's reactions. If society chilled out then it wouldn't be such a big deal. Society isn't chilling out.

Klassified
Let me guess. He was a guy who now thinks he is a lesbian female.

When was that rocket for a one way trip to Mars leaving?

Break downs of sexuality in trans persons are actually closer to heterosexual break downs than not. It's not a mirror but the majority of persons FTMs date women and MTFs date men, though I haven't been keeping up to date with the numbers.

Tusks
A teenage boy who thinks he wants to be a girl--undoubtedly supported by a 2 mama parentage--and is now harassing girls like a normal boy would? Hope they haven't removed his external equipment before the hormones kick in and he realizes he's male.

Have you looked up the statistics regarding the '2 mama' phenomenon or are you basing this off of mainstream media reporting?

goochball
For people who just want to be seen as equal, they sure do get a lot of special treatment.

There really isn't anything special about going to the toilet and expecting not to be harassed. A fully transitioned gender person is better off going to whatever toilet suits their presenting gender. Frankly, it's usually safer.

If you want to experience this for yourself, go and dress as the opposite gender for a week and visit the toilet. Alternatively, if this is too embarrassing ... I'll sit in your bathroom and throw a shoe at you and scream 'ODDBALL!' every time you enter your lavatory. I'll also bring one of my friends dressed as a security guard so you can have the full authentic experience of having special rights.

Not even worrying too much about my actual opinion on this ... I don't mind people having a problem with it so long as they've actually put some effort into researching the topic.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
If you have a penis, you use the men's room. Period.

This whole gay/"transgender" thing is outrageous.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I have to agree with some people on this topic, that transgender or not, if you have the pieces, you should go to that physical bathroom. If you're a man, who believes themselves to be a woman, yet still has the parts then you should use the men's room. Same goes for a woman who believes themselves to be a man. Until you get physically changed, you should use your biological restroom.

But that's not why I'm responding. I wanted to add more to this comment.

Domo1
I highly doubt the kid was actually harassing girls in the bathroom. Sounds like BS and an awful lot of trouble to go through.

I live near Florence. In fact, many people from Florence drive to my town to shop, eat, or just hang out with people they know. They're so close, they might as well be the same town. One thing I can honestly tell you about the youth in these towns is that they are very rude. They have absolutely no respect for anyone, or anything. Granted, there are some good kids down here, but many bad. Now, I know many people will want to say "That's how teens are!", which is true somewhat. But I've lived around in Colorado, and though teens are teens, they seem really bad here. A lot of that is also because the parents are literally not much different. There's a lot of rudeness down here, and a lot of disrespect for each other. Maybe it's small town crap.

Anyway, the point I'm getting at is based on what I've seen from the majority of teens here, is that I can honestly believe that this boy is harassing the girls. Now how he's harassing them, I don't know. Maybe it's that he hears girls whispering crap about not liking him in the restroom, so he gets upset, and gets in their faces. Or maybe he makes rude remarks. Maybe he's trying to be "one of the girls", and they don't appreciate it. I don't know, but I can believe that he's being rude.

In fact, in the year I've lived down here, I've only seen one male transgender teen around. In a small town, you notice things like that. So if he is who I think he is, I have even more reason to believe the girls in this situation, based on the crowd I've seen him hang out with, as well as things he's done.

Now I don't know if they are the same people, but that's ok. The point of my reply is don't rule out the boy being the bad one here, because people in this town don't seem to like to respect each other.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join