It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And They Call Themselves Christians?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Nephalim

Question:
Could we not have just offered tax breaks to insurance companies who do their part and take up the coverage issue? You know the president talked about extortion. Hes right, you don't reward assholes for not doing their jobs and folks don't get to demand money for not doing it. I myself will not be extorted. If you run an insurance company and someone pays for your service, then you should live up to that service. and you do not get into government law and demand that everyone else pay a penalty for YOUR shortcomings and YOUR responsibilities.

I don't have any issue with that.

Question:
Why not then simply reward the people who do their jobs? why not let the consumers deal with the insurance companies who wont?

Dunno. Makes sense.

It's not about taking care of anyone. It's about wealth redistribution. It's about government control. It's about government influences. It's about growing government bigger.

It's never been about taking care of one another. We were doing that anyway. It's about keeping prices high, and making everyone pay for it.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   

tovenar
Jesus fed the hungry, he didn't tax other people and then hand out food stamp ebt cards and free cell phones.

2 Thessalonians 3:6-15

6 In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we command you, brothers, to keep away from every brother who is idle and does not live according to the teaching you received from us. 7 For you yourselves know how you ought to follow our example. We were not idle when we were with you, 8 nor did we eat anyone's food without paying for it. On the contrary, we worked night and day, laboring and toiling so that we would not be a burden to any of you. 9 We did this, not because we do not have the right to such help, but in order to make ourselves a model for you to follow. 10 For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat." 11 We hear that some among you are idle. They are not busy; they are busybodies. 12 Such people we command and urge in the Lord Jesus Christ to settle down and earn the bread they eat. 13 And as for you, brothers, never tire of doing what is right. 14 If anyone does not obey our instruction in this letter, take special note of him. Do not associate with him, in order that he may feel ashamed. 15 Yet do not regard him as an enemy, but warn him as a brother.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

lol help you out here my brotha... with some knowledge. Know how many people work now and wont be able to eat if you make them buy insurance and cut their hours.

You gonna star that? Do you think that's the christian thing to do now?

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Nephalim
lol help you out here my brotha...

I'm a woman. And no thanks, I am just fine.

Know how many people work now and wont be able to eat if you make them buy insurance and cut their hours.

Which is why Obamacare is evil. It's not 'free' healthcare. It's forcing people to buy
a product they can't afford and don't want. And it's forcing unemployment.

You gonna star that? Do you think that's the christian thing to do now?

Hey dude ... Willtell came on here with the usual left/right bs .. shouting down the right and giving free pass to the left ... based on bible quotes. So I posted one that shows just the opposite of what he posted. The bible can be used to make it seem like it says anything you want it to. Selective quoting.

The left uses faux 'compassion' as an excuse to rape and steal from productive people.
They are just as corrupt and useless as the right and their 'compassionate conservatism'

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yea I'm tired mam is all. Cant sleep. My apologies.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
this is all rolling out like text book communist revolution. first the royals taxed the hell of out everybody. then the communists started offering people free crap out of other people's pockets, then when the revolution got underway, they killed off all the workers who paid the taxes and ended up having to get US corporations to train them how to operate their own factories. then they started demanding more and more from the farmers until there was not enough to feed their own families. and when they didn't have any more to give, stalin had the farmlands surrounded and starved them all to death in their own homes. men, women, children, handicapped, old people, etc.

yeah we want that here. not.
edit on 19-10-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join