It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And They Call Themselves Christians?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
What is amazing is that the Republican conservative tea party people claim to be Christians, followers of Christ. But the way they treat the poor and downtrodden that seems to be a strange claim to say the least.

Jesus said: Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

This country’s right wing Christianity is hypocrisy. The so-called liberal atheists are more Christian than the right wingers like Sarah Pain and Michelle Bachman types who want to cut food stamps for the poor AND NOT GIVE HEALTH CARE TO THE NEEDY

Lets see what their own Bible says about such people

Proverbs 29:7 “The righteous care about justice for the poor, but the wicked have no such concern.”
Deuteronomy

15:10 “Give generously to him and do so without a grudging heart; then because of this the LORD your God will bless you in all your work and in everything you put your hand to.”

Psalm 41:1 “Blessed is he who has regard for the weak; the LORD delivers him in times of trouble.”

Proverbs 19:17 “He who is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward him for what he has done.”
Proverbs 22:9 “A generous man will himself be blessed, for he shares his food with the poor.”
Isaiah
58:10 "And if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry and satisfy the needs of the oppressed, then your light will rise in the darkness, and your night will become like the noonday."
Jeremiah
7:5-7 "If you really change your ways and your actions and deal with each other justly, if you do not oppress the alien, the fatherless or the widow and do not shed innocent blood in this place, and if you do not follow other gods to your own harm, then I will let you live in this place, in the land I gave your forefathers for ever and ever."

Matthew 19:20 “‘All these I have kept,’ the young man said. ‘What do I still lack?’ Jesus answered, ‘If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.’"

Luke 14:12-14 "Then Jesus said to his host, ‘When you give a luncheon or dinner, do not invite your friends, your brothers or relatives, or your rich neighbors; if you do, they may invite you back and so you will be repaid. But when you give a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed. Although they cannot repay you, you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous.’"
Luke
12:33-34 "Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will not be exhausted, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

Proverbs 14:31 “He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God.”

Isaiah 10:1-3 " Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar? To whom will you run for help? Where will you leave your riches?”

Jeremiah 5:28 “‘Their evil deeds have no limit; they do not plead the case of the fatherless to win it, they do not defend the rights of the poor. ‘Should I not punish them for this?’ declares the LORD. ‘Should I not avenge myself on such a nation as this?’”

Amos 5:12 “For I know how many are your offenses and how great your sins. You oppress the righteous and take bribes and you deprive the poor of justice in the courts.”

Luke 6:24 " But woe to you who are rich, for you have already received your comfort."

Proverbs 14:31 “He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God.”

Proverbs 19:17 “He who is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward him for what he has done.”

1 John 3:17 But if someone who is supposed to be a Christian has money enough to live well, and sees a brother in need, and won't help him--how can God's love be within him

John 3:18 Little children, let us stop just saying we love people; let us really love them, and show it by our actions.

1 Sam. 2:8 He lifts the poor from the dust-- Yes, from a pile of ashes-- And treats them as princes sitting in the seats of honor. For all the earth is the Lord's And he has set the world in order.
Prov.
19:17 When you help the poor you are lending to the Lord--and he pays wonderful interest on your loan!

Prov. 14:31 Anyone who oppresses the poor is insulting God who made them. To help the poor is to honor God.

James 1:27 The Christian who is pure and without fault, from God the Father's point of view, is the one who takes care of orphans and widows, and who remains true to the Lord--not soiled and dirtied by his contacts with the world.

Psa. 82:3 Give fair judgment to the poor man, the afflicted, the fatherless, the destitute.

Psa 82:4 Rescue the poor and helpless from the grasp of evil men.

Prov. 28:27 If you give to the poor, your needs will be supplied! But a curse upon those who close their eyes to poverty.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

edit on 18-10-2013 by lernmore because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

The biggest mistake the Christian Church in the US ever made was when it lined up behind the "Moral Majority" and took to the halls of D.C., instead of going on its knees to the throne of God.

The American church will never recover from that.

edit on 18-10-2013 by incoserv because: typo

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Funny, none of the members of the tea party I was part of was a christian. Most were athiest/agnostic, a few of us were natives.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

The Devil can quote scripture to suit his own purposes.

Most Tea Partiers are working-class people trying to enter the entrepreneurial class (and getting beaten down for it). The Average registered democrat has a higher gross adjusted income than the average registered republican. Of course, most tea party activists aren't registered as republicans; but don't let the facts get in the way of your fulminating.

Many conservatives believe in helping the poor--they give more to charity per capita than liberals do.

Jesus never told anyone to found a huge welfare ponzi scheme and couple it with farm subsidies for agribusiness conglomerates, so that ADM and Cargill would have a market for their excess products.

Jesus fed the hungry, he didn't tax other people and then hand out food stamp ebt cards and free cell phones.

EDIT TO ADD:

Really? REALLY? Quoting the literature from a religion you don't even believe in, to tell some of its members that their politics suck?

Careful, you'll give hypocrites a bad name.

edit on 18-10-2013 by tovenar because: Who's editing the editors?

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
This thread is the sound of desperation starting to ring hollow.
edit on 18-10-2013 by BardingTheBard because:

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Don't be too surprised to see a politician wearing what ever garb of clothing he needs to get elected and keep the elite's game going .Hey Christians are just humans who have had to drink from the same kool aid as the rest of us .I am still trying to get that taste out of my mouth .It's the kool aid the none Christian nation of the USA has mandated that all should drink ....try and wake up the masses not incite them ....peace
edit on 18-10-2013 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

1. To be affected by a communication or expectation such that certain responses are overtly enacted, or subjectively experienced, without volition, as in automatism.
2. Deliberately to use one's imagination or employ strategies to bring about effects (even if interpreted, eventually, as involuntary) in response to a communication or expectation.
3. To accept what people say consciously, but uncritically, and to believe or privately accept what is said.
4. To conform overtly to expectations or the views of others, without the appropriate private acceptance or experience; that is, to exhibit behavioral compliance without private acceptance or belief.
source

The national majority is Christian... you get it, now?

Wakey wakey.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
You folks should leave peoples faith alone.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by tovenar

Hey man way to say it ..If I could I would give you 2 stars for that post .
2nd

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

I'm gonna give you a star as symbolic representation of starring their post twice.
edit on 18-10-2013 by BardingTheBard because:

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing all those wonderful scriptures with the forum.

There is a passage in the Bible where god even uses a donkey to make his word heard.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Nephalim

I agree, especially when it is done just for spite. Done for no other reason then to spread discord.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Jesus also said this.

Luke 6:41 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
41 Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?

better yet the whole passage

Luke 6:41-44 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
41 Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? 42 Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Brother, let me take out the speck that is in your eye,’ when you yourself do not see the log that is in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take out the speck that is in your brother’s eye. 43 For there is no good tree which produces bad fruit, nor, [a]on the other hand, a bad tree which produces good fruit. 44 For each tree is known by its own fruit. For men do not gather figs from thorns, nor do they pick grapes from a briar bush.

edit on 18-10-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Where do you live?

I only ask because I'd really like you to go to a Tea Party rally or a meeting some time.

U2U me and I'll see if I can network you into a group meeting sometime.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Hypocrisy & greed are multidenominational!

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Separation of Church™ and State.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Spite, you say.

I think it is you who is demonstrating SPITE!

I know the truth hurts

BTW you like them so much it won’t hurt to actually follow some of these at least in theory. That’s were it starts.

Giving a dam about somebody other than yourself.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Stormdancer777

Nephalim

I agree, especially when it is done just for spite. Done for no other reason then to spread discord.

Its worse when people pick a side and then claim innocence.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Nephalim

Stormdancer777

Nephalim

Its worse when people pick a side and then claim innocence.

No. It's worse when someone picks their nose then shakes your hand.

C'MON! Are we really travelling down this road? Are we going to take partisan bull-dookie THIS far?

By great Odin's BEARD! you progressives must be desparate!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join